Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Trent Richardson

Quote Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
    I think this offense would really be scary if McGahee was our #2 back and we had a younger more explosive back ahead of him.
    I agree with this. The concern with McGahee when he got here was his durability. He's having a great season and got more touches already than he's had in a season since 2007, but he's doing it with a plate in his hand, a wonky hamstring etc. He's 30 now, which tends to be the best before date for RBs.

We'll definitely be needing to add a back at some point in the draft. I generally don't like taking a RB in RD1 unless their speed/size/power combination is elite, but if Trent Richardson is available in the late teens, early 20s, he's likely to be the BPA. I'm hoping we end up with a CB with our first pick, but it would be hard to complain if things shook out this way.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Sorry guys but we I think we need to contiue the trend of building up the trenches. DL-OL-Front 7 player is my preferance for our first round pick, or CB because it maybe our biggest need.

How many times have we seen the Broncos draft skill position players and it do nothing for us?
    I'm all for us taking the best O-Lineman in the draft to go with us also getting the best veteran O-Lineman available in FA.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by bcbronc View Post
    I agree with this. The concern with McGahee when he got here was his durability. He's having a great season and got more touches already than he's had in a season since 2007, but he's doing it with a plate in his hand, a wonky hamstring etc. He's 30 now, which tends to be the best before date for RBs.

We'll definitely be needing to add a back at some point in the draft. I generally don't like taking a RB in RD1 unless their speed/size/power combination is elite, but if Trent Richardson is available in the late teens, early 20s, he's likely to be the BPA. I'm hoping we end up with a CB with our first pick, but it would be hard to complain if things shook out this way.
    McGahee is plenty explosive. The guy still runs mid 4.4s. It's not that. It's limiting his touches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    McGahee is plenty explosive. The guy still runs mid 4.4s. It's not that. It's limiting his touches.
    There is too much historical evidence which supports that the age of 30 is when RBs begin to lose it. And when they do, it goes QUICK. Given that, along with the style of ofense we are trying to run, it's be irresponsible to ignore the RB position early in the draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

OK...so we now sit at pick #24. If Trent pulled an Ingram and fell this far, would anyone still be upset if we grabbed him?

Secondly, what if we took Lamar Miller in late round 1? He's a stud and is shooting up draft bnoards now that he's declared. I anticipate him going WAY before we are ready to pick in round 2.

6. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Miller will probably run a 4.3 at the combine and go mid 1st round.

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    OK...so we now sit at pick #24. If Trent pulled an Ingram and fell this far, would anyone still be upset if we grabbed him?Secondly, what if we took Lamar Miller in late round 1? He's a stud and is shooting up draft bnoards now that he's declared. I anticipate him going WAY before we are ready to pick in round 2.
    That would be awesome. It also wouldnt shock me if that happened. I was thinking Cleveland might take him but I think they might be in on going after a QB.

Adopted Bronco:

If Cleveland decides to fix other problems, then one or both of the top backs could slide to us. If that happens, I'm all for it. But a lot needs to be addressed in FA first. We needs CB. Get a Carlos Rogers or Brent Grimes and add another in the draft, as well as a legit RT.

If none of that happens...it's hard to focus on a RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Well...clearly the RB position is what makes our offense go. McGahee is just too unreliable to be depended on to stay healthy. And that is sad, cuz he's been a beast this year. Ball is solid, yet unspectacular. I actually like what I see from Johnson, but he's no grinder. If we are picking in the 20s and the wrong people are taken, I'd be happy to have one of the big name RBs.

I could wait on Miller. I'd definitely take Richardson though.

12. The Following User High Fived Agent of Orange For This Post:

The first round of the 2012 draft is loaded with talented corners and MLB'ers. At least 4 corners should go in the first round and it looks like 3 MLB'ers now that Teo is staying in school. There's also at least 1 future all pro prospect at guard, and 3-4 at tackle, as well as 1 center. Any of those positions would be harder to fill in free agency than RB.

14. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    The first round of the 2012 draft is loaded with talented corners and MLB'ers. At least 4 corners should go in the first round and it looks like 3 MLB'ers now that Teo is staying in school. There's also at least 1 future all pro prospect at guard, and 3-4 at tackle, as well as 1 center. Any of those positions would be harder to fill in free agency than RB.
    Wonder how Willie would feel if we made a play for Ray Rice lol

16. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Wonder how Willie would feel if we made a play for Ray Rice lol
    If Willis could go 2 games without missing a quarter here and there, he wouldnt have to worry about it.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I love his fire and attitude but the guy's been brittle since college. I know he doesn't want to hear it but his best role at this point in his career is a 10 to 15 touch per game guy.

20. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If Cleveland decides to fix other problems, then one or both of the top backs could slide to us. If that happens, I'm all for it. But a lot needs to be addressed in FA first. We needs CB. Get a Carlos Rogers or Brent Grimes and add another in the draft, as well as a legit RT.

If none of that happens...it's hard to focus on a RB
    Cleveland is setting at #6 at worst. They might be looking to take a QB.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information