Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: I love how...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Again, just my opinion, and I don't want to derail, well this thread is allready derailed and I am not even sure what it is anymore...

i just think maybe there should be limits set in place perhaps.

10 million posts on why was this thread deleted would be bad, I agree, and that does not need to be disscussed and to my in my opinion isn't a community issue that requires feedback.

But anytime a member is banned or suspended, to me the community should be allowed to disscuss this as a whole.

Again just my and I won't derail the thread any longer, just thought i would throw that out.
    Unfotunately, it simply isn't practical to go into great detail on why a person is banned, which is why most forums don't. We give a brief explanation in the suspension/ban list, but beyond that, it isn't appropriate to discuss in detail why a person was banned.

I was banned on Mania. It was a ban that was issued due to another member crying to and manipulating the mods. I had some fault, but the other poster as well. I appealed the ban, and it was reduced from 7 to 3 days and the other poster (who originally got away scott free) was then also banned for three days.

I followed the process and a wrong was at least partially rectified. Was three days fair? I don't think so, but the mod that I consider fair and the guy running the site at the time (Steve H., who I respected) felt my actions still deserved some punishment.

That was between me, the mods and the admin.

On BroncosForums, we take it a step further. Not only can someone appeal a moderator action (ban or otherwise), but we encourage members to give input on policy, rules, etc. The list of things that came from member input on this message board is VERY long, from Mile High Salutes and High Fives, to the Lounge. Almost nothing about the way this message board is run or configured didn't come from member input.

However, there are still limits. Publicly appealing a ban, and going into detail about said ban, isn't going to happen. Since with the exception of spammers and trolls from other forums, I don't think there have been any suspensions that were the result of a single action. Therefore, once we go down the road of publicly discussing a ban, we (the mods and I) would have to start listing all of the many problems that a given poster has had. That simply isn't going to happen in a public arena.

On a lot of forums (including other Broncos forums) it is very common for a person to get banned over a single action. Even those these forums rarely, if ever, go into details about a banning, it would actually be easier, because they are much quicker to pull the trigger based on 'their' rules. On Broncosforums, it takes a lot of rules violations before someone finally gets banned.

I think a lot of us could look in the mirror, or look at our own posting history, and agree that it takes a shit load to get banned here. Many say we are too slow to pull the trigger. However, since our suspension are a sum total of behavior by a poster, and the last violation will just be the 'straw' that led to the suspension, it would make it that much harder for us to 'publicly' discuss a ban, even if it was a good thing to do, which I don't believe is the case.

So, if someone would like to start a Town Hall discussion on "Publicly Appealing Bans" or something to that effect, we can discuss it in detail. Since NUB has stated multiple times that he doesn't want to discuss his ban in detail, but instead he and MO have raised concerns about the fairness of moderating, specifically allowing gay bashing (their term) to be post, but anti-God statements are moderated, I think we need to keep this thread focused on MO's original complaint.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    You seem to be attempting to insinuate that you were banned for having an anti-God stance, but am I missing something, or have you always been completely anti-God since you have been posting here?
    Okay, I'm done. I can't argue this any further. No matter how I say it or point it out, I cannot correct someone's reading comprehension. For anyone who has read what I have said and understood it, congratulations. Don't take that ability for granted.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Quote Originally Posted by NameUsedBefore View Post
    Okay, I'm done. I can't argue this any further. No matter how I say it or point it out, I cannot correct someone's reading comprehension. For anyone who has read what I have said and understood it, congratulations. Don't take that ability for granted.
    Since you don't want to discuss this via PM. Again, I will ask. Have you ever PM'd me to complain about what you felt was unfair moderation of your posts in religion or politics? I am not some type of all knowing, God like, forum fairy that sees all.

As a member of this community, if you feel you are being unfairly moderated, YOU have a responsibility to not just pull the persecuted card AFTER the fact, but instead you have to take some action to mitigate the damages, you need to PM me and say, "Hey Tned, I think xxxxxx is moderating my posts because s/he doesn't agree with them, rather than the fact they are breaking the rules."

I'm pretty much fair came (as Clay can attest ), you can take your jabs at me, but that doesn't change the fact that you had a choice, PM me if you wanted to question how you were moderated, or lash out against the mods. You chose the latter and it was that straw that ended in your suspension.

I hope in the future, you PM me if you feel you aren't being moderated fairly or according to the rules.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information