Quote Originally Posted by SWMoBroncosFan View Post
I went and watched this and I thought it was awesome!

It basically shows how the original cast comes together before going at it as a team on the Enterprise.

If you have been a fan of the original cast I think you will be surprised at how believable most of the cast is playing the roles. Kirk, Bones Spock especially. Believable as those characters.

Also, if you are familiar with the original series you will see little things here and there that make you laugh because it is a tie back to that series.

My wife never watched the series and she enjoyed the movie. So I think it is safe to say if you are a ST fan or not, you will enjoy this movie.

I give it 6.5 out of 10. The only reason I didn't give it a little higher is because of the Spock scenario in the movie which I don't want to give away if you haven't seen it.

***********SPOILERS***************

The second the Spock deal happens, they enter an alternate, parallel reality. This movie doesnt actually show how the cast came together, because Nero's presence sent ripples through time, changing the entire flow of history, starting with the destruction of the USS Kelvin. Its basically just the same crew with an entirely different cause for how they got into the positions they were in.