Default New Star Trek Movie

Check it out at http://www.startrekmovie.com/

It looks really good.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

better than generation movies?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Who's the guy that that they buried under a mountain of make-up to look like a young Lennord Nemoi? Why can't they let the original cast rest in peace? They still have the cast for DS 9 and Voyager to send through the worm hole and into more adventure with unknown races. They still have Seven of Nine to help them perfect a transwarp drive that can take them back to the Delta Quadrant or even to to the never visted Beta Quadrant. Why can't anybody associated with the Star Trek franchise think of creative stuff like this?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

This movie looks kick ass. The Generation Movies were sub-par. The Shatner/Nimoy movies were pretty cool except for the first one and that horrible part 5. Part 6 is stillmy favorite but something tells me this one will blow the previews Trek films out the water. It will look great, but most of the time that means the writing sucks. I pray it doesn't.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Who's the guy that that they buried under a mountain of make-up to look like a young Lennord Nemoi? Why can't they let the original cast rest in peace? They still have the cast for DS 9 and Voyager to send through the worm hole and into more adventure with unknown races. They still have Seven of Nine to help them perfect a transwarp drive that can take them back to the Delta Quadrant or even to to the never visted Beta Quadrant. Why can't anybody associated with the Star Trek franchise think of creative stuff like this?
    I guess they want to do remake movies like Halloween, Friday the 13th, Hulk, Dark Knight, and another movies.

However, I'm impressed with Indiana Jones 4, Rambo 4, Die hard 4, and Terminator 3. They are currently filming Beverly Hills Cop 4 with Eddie Murphy. I believe they will do a better job than part 3.
    Last edited by Magnificent Seven; 03-21-2009 at 03:36 PM.

Because Roddenberry died! *Deep space morning*

Everybody else has just been throwing gilts on his model to see if anything would stick.

The trailer didn't look bad though.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

I haven't missed a Trek movie yet. I won't miss this one either.
    Merry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

This is the 11th movie, I think................so based on the previous movies, I wouldn't hold out too much hope...................the even numbered ones are the better ones..............

Won't stop me from going to see it though
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm more of a Star Wars guy, but even this has me a little excited. Between this, Terminator 4, and even Transformers and The Wolverine origins movie it should be a decent summer. Nothing like last year, but good. Even Year One with Jack Black and Michael Cera looks pretty good. I've only seen the first 4 Star Trek movies and part of generations, the second is my favorite.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I'm a Star Wars guy first and foremost, but this looks excellent.

Adopted Bronco:
    Champ Bailey

On a related note, I see the digitally-remastered, Blu-ray of season one of the Original Series is out in April
    BFC.........D Will #27.............D Nash #29..............K Mc #11
    You'll Never Walk Alone

The Whiskeyteers ~ One for all, and all for more

Spock is played by Zachary Quinto better known as Sylar from Heroes

"Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    Spock is played by Zachary Quinto better known as Sylar from Heroes

They didn't really have to bury him under makeup. Just slap some vulcan ears on that dude and viola!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    They didn't really have to bury him under makeup. Just slap some vulcan ears on that dude and viola!
    yup

Add me on Facebook!

Thumbs up Spock gives fans Star Trek treat

Link

Spock actor Leonard Nimoy set his phasers to stun at a movie screening on Monday when he switched 1982's Wrath of Khan for the new Star Trek film.

Sci-fi enthusiasts in Austin, Texas turned up for the classic film only to find Nimoy introducing the first public showing of director JJ Abrams' prequel.

The film was given a six minute standing ovation and one filmgoer said fans were "crying they were so happy."

Star Trek, the 11th film in the franchise, is due for release on 8 May.

It follows James T Kirk as he graduates from Star Fleet Academy and becomes captain of the starship Enterprise.

Chris Pine takes over the role of Kirk which was played by William Shatner in the 1960s television series and seven of the films.

The prequel had its official world premiere in Sydney, Australia on Tuesday night.

Film company Paramount arranged for Nimoy, along with the film's writers and its producers to unveil the film to hardcore fans first and the audience from Monday's unexpected showing immediately started posting reviews on Twitter.

One fan called it "the best Star Trek movie ever" adding, "yes, it even beat Wrath of Khan".

Another said, "the cast is superb, the story is compelling, the action is exciting". Another simply added: "Just saw the new Star Trek movie and it MELTED MY PANTS!!!!!"

The enthusiasm carried over to the Sydney Opera House premiere, where one viewer reported "there were a lot of moments where the audience spontaneously burst into applause".

Nimoy, who played Vulcan crew member Spock in the television series and several films, has a role in the prequel.

Heroes actor Zachary Quinto, who plays the younger Spock, commented at the premiere: "Leonard and I have become very close in this process and his experience has been unique to him and mine will be unique to me."

The new cast also features Winona Ryder, Eric Bana and, as the younger version of Scotty, British actor Simon Pegg.

Add me on Facebook!

17. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information