Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Baltimore vs Philly Super Bowl? (Meds Predictions)

Default Baltimore vs Philly Super Bowl? (Meds Predictions)

Philly vs Baltimore Super Bowl on the way?

The Pitt vs Baltimore game on Sunday has all the makings of a backyard brawl
    between two familiar combatants. These teams generally do not like each other and for the viewers like most of us are, that are not attached to either team toomuch, makes for better theater.

I look forward to Ray Lewis, Bart Scott or Terrell Suggs smashing Big Ben
    hard to cause some turnovers. I also think that James Harrsion will probably
    do the same to Joe Flacco. Whomever is less apt to turn it over will win this
    game. I am banking on Balimore to continue their defensive dominance, kind
    of like in 2000
    and wreak havoc on the Pittsburgh offense. Rothisberger is a good QB that is prone to throwing picks at the wrong time when pressured. I think the stout Baltimore defense will continue this tread. I also feel that Flacco will staycomposed, along with McGahee and McClain to play some ball control, and also their other viable options like Dereck Mason on offense to score some points. Pittsburgh is a tough place to play but as history has shown us, (January 1995, 1998, 2002, 2005) that it is not
    impossible to win there. Baltimore lost two very tough games to Pitt this seasonbut I feel with their being battle tested will help them immensely. It is very hardto beat a team 3 times in one season, especially a rival like Baltimore. My pick in this game is Baltimore 16 Pittsburgh 13 in an real tight defensive battle.What would you expect here.

As for the NFC Championship game I know that there is a lot of sentiment for
    the Arizona Cardinals this week. I can understand that a lot of people want a team that has basically sucked for the better part of 30 years to taste success. I would not mind seeing them win, but I think their flaws are too big to overcome. Also from a trend standpoint, the only team that went 9-7 during the regular season since 1978 when the 16 game season was introduced, that went to the Super Bowl was the 1979 LA Rams. So the probability of this happening is not that great. Yes Philly also only
    won 9 games but their 9-6-1 record is a bit better. It is really amazing that Philly even made the playoffs when they had to depend on Tampa Bay losing a home to Oakland and Chicago losing at Houston as well.

As for the game, I feel this will be a high scoring somewhat close game. Ever since Donvan McNabb was benched ironically vs the Ravens, he has played lights out for the most part. He had a field day vs this same Arizona team on Thanksgiving Night in Philly. With him and Westbrook leading the way, I feel that the Eagles will score their 30 pts again vs Arizona. The Cards do look good on offense and did a masterful job led by Kurt Warner and Larry Fitzgerald at Carolina last week. They will put up their share of points as well but I think the better defense in the Eagles with super coordinator Jim Johnson leading the way, will slow down Warner and Co with enough
    pressure to cause at least a turnover or two to help them win the game. My final score prediction is Philly 31 Arizona 27 in a very entertaining game to watch.

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

Well Med I have PIT 16 BAL 13.

The Ravens defense has indeed been out of this world but I just think that Big Ben gets overlooked and people forget that the Steelers did win a Super Bowl. I think the Ravens backs will continue to pound it but just won't be enough as how much do they have left in the tank? Don't expect much out of Parker either but I will go with Ben-Holmes-Ward making a few more palys to set up points then Flacco-Mason-Clayton.
    Last edited by BroncoAV06; 01-15-2009 at 10:03 PM.
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoAV06 View Post
    Well Med I have PIT 16 BAL 13.

The Ravens defense has indeed been out of this world but I just think that Big Ben gets overlooked and people forget that the Steelers did win a Super Bowl. I think the Ravens backs will continue to pound it but just won't be enough as how much do they have left in the tank? Don't expect much out of Parker either but I will go with Ben-Holmes-Ward making a fewe more palys to set up points them Flacco-Mason-Clayton.
    great assessment broncoav, I think that could happen as well.

I am just rooting for Baltimore so I put what I want to happen.

Its a toss up really.

the other game would shock me if AZ won though.

I'm not enough of an expert to predict the winner...
    But I'm sure we'll see a good ol' school football game... which is good...
    May be our Broncos should watch the game and learn how to play D.

IMO, it will be a sad day for RB

Some thoughts :
    - What Pitt's OL will do against the Ravens D? Big Ben could be killed in that game
    - How Flaco lack of experience will affect Ravens O?

PS :
    Personnally, I'd love to see a Steelers vs Cards SB...
    Froggy's back !

7. The Following User High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

I am going with Steelers vs Cardinals for the superbowl.
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived broncogirl7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

As hard as I am on the local team, I am a big fan of the underdog. I would lile to see AZ go all the way, but I am expecting them to start living down to my expectation of them at any time.

A "Pennsylvania Bowl" would be intreaging to me. If so, I think Phily could pull it off and get their first SB championship.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

11. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Jay-Kay'n Med.

I think it will be Baltimore vs Philly as well. Though I want Baltimore vs Arizona.
    Anyone but Pitt.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I'm intrigued at how the consensus here feels that Arizona doesnt belong in the playoffs at all one day...and 2 weeks later, they are expected to go to the Super Bowl.

ARIZONA IS NOT A VERY GOOD TEAM. They are likable and it's easy to be enamopred by the underdog and the Cinderella story, but at some point reality has to step in.

I'm not overly impressed by their defense in the playoffs because they've faced a rookie QB and a vet that had a horrible game. I guess I just find it hard to ignore the way a team plays over a 16 game stretch simply because they pulled off a win in a close game and then an upset.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I'd kind of like to see McNabb get a ring. He's got sort of an Elway syndrome going on there in Philly...albeit on the NFC Championship level...;-)
    Personally I think Philly vs either one of those AFC teams will be a great game. I think AZ is going to run out of luck this weekend.
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

17. The Following User High Fived EastCoastBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I believe the Eagles defense will smother the AZ run game making Warner beat them and the pass rush will get the best of Warner as well! Eagles win this game easily!!

Steelers/Ravens will be a classic, if you like to see a smashmouth, hard hitting, defensive game! It's either teams game, but I believe the Steelers have an experienced QB that will get them over the edge and win the game!

These are some great games to watch and Philly playing Steelers/or Ravens in the SB will make for a great game, if you like defense and hard hitting.

19. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

I think the better QBs win; Leinart over McNabb, and Roethlisberger over Flacco.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Eagles win because they have a great defense and a good offense.

Pittsburgh wins because Rothleisberger is better and tougher than Flacco.

Eagles go to and win the Super Bowl because they are the best all around team. McNabb gets his Super Bowl ring, deservedly.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Bird Bowl I: Cardinals over Falcons
    Bird Bowl II: Eagles over Cardinals
    Bird Bowl III: Eagles vs. Ravens?

Nope. I think it will be Eagles vs. Pittsburgh in an all-Keystone battle.

Then again, the Steelers haven't been that strong a home playoff team in the past 10-15 years, particularly at Hines Ward Field. Still, I'm going to go with the thugs in yellow over the thugs in purple.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    I think the better QBs win; Leinart over McNabb, and Roethlisberger over Flacco.
    Leinart?

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Adopted Bronco:
    Peyton Hillis...always

Eagles not looking too good. Cardinals are looking phenomenal (sp)!
    "When we lose the right to be different, we lose the privilege to be free"
    ~Charles Evans Hughes~

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information