Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: If sales people don't go to work,,, no one does:

Default If sales people don't go to work,,, no one does:

I admire good sales people,, cold calls are a @%!!*&%@@ and this kid pulls it off:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LpxQWDlAg

I thought he was funny at first but then he became increasingly annoying and I turned the video off after 3 minutes.

Reminds me of a time last year at this time when two black kids showed up at my door selling cookie dough for a fundraiser. They said they would deliver the cookie dough by Christmas. I bought two buckets and wrote a check in the name of the charity.

A half hour later I look out my window and see a police cruiser parked in my driveway. My kids yelled for me to come out.

The cop asked about the black kids and explained that some lady called and said they were suspicious. I said they didn't hesitate when I asked if they took checks and told me to write it in the name of the charity which was the local hospital down the street. I told the cop the lady who called was probably a bigot.

Well Christmas came and went and no cookies. New Years came and no cookies. I was now beginning to think I got scammed. I was now thinking the lady was right and not racist and I was an idiot for believing them. Then the boys came around in Mid Jan. and delivered the cookie dough.

The cookies were absolutely delicious. That lady was a bigot.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

I've always been bonned on the cookie dough by Pakistani kids, Irish kids, neighbor Christian family kids,,, it never goes well, I think it's a bad thing to sell.

I give this guy credit for trying to earn a buck.

Just like the girls at the bar with the flowers, or the termite looking guy on the corner with the bags of oranges.
    They hit the bricks and go to work.

Doing something that's ordinary in an extra ordinary way is the way through the No's to the Yesses.

5. The Following User High Fived Trailer Park Casanova For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I thought he was funny at first but then he became increasingly annoying and I turned the video off after 3 minutes.

Reminds me of a time last year at this time when two black kids showed up at my door selling cookie dough for a fundraiser. They said they would deliver the cookie dough by Christmas. I bought two buckets and wrote a check in the name of the charity.

A half hour later I look out my window and see a police cruiser parked in my driveway. My kids yelled for me to come out.

The cop asked about the black kids and explained that some lady called and said they were suspicious. I said they didn't hesitate when I asked if they took checks and told me to write it in the name of the charity which was the local hospital down the street. I told the cop the lady who called was probably a bigot.

Well Christmas came and went and no cookies. New Years came and no cookies. I was now beginning to think I got scammed. I was now thinking the lady was right and not racist and I was an idiot for believing them. Then the boys came around in Mid Jan. and delivered the cookie dough.

wow. were they laced with anything ?

ah, he'll need some new material, but he's got talent, that's for sure

My wife once bought cleaner from a door to door salesman a couple years ago.

I was pissed. First she paid $60.00 for the damn bottle and I told her the guy probably would have taken a 1/3 of that.

Second, the cleaner sucked.

Third, she let a total stranger in our house with only her home.

I told her never allow anyone in the house again when your alone. Don't even answer the door.

9. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

We have a DND, Do not disturb on the door.
    Wife works 12 hr nights in the ER and needs her sleep.

The pest control sales people totally ignore it,, but everyone else respects it.

Problem now is the spam calls on the cell phone.
    The National Do Not Call list isn't working.
    The fleshy headed mutants call anyway.

I was pissed. First she paid $60.00 for the damn bottle and I told her the guy probably would have taken a 1/3 of that.

I told her never allow anyone in the house again when your alone. Don't even answer the door.
    we have alot of canvassars in the neighborhood for construction. Free estimates but you have to give them all this time. Eff that, they are such a rip off anyway. good products, but not worth it. I totally fuked with the last one that I let into the house last spring. Long story short, he hasn't left the house yet.

dude. 2 years ago? that was me! Your wife is... well... quite a firecracker

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    dude. 2 years ago? that was me! Your wife is... well... quite a firecracker
    Yeah she is.

Nut, you owe me $60.00!

Yeah she is.

Nut, you owe me $60.00!
    oh boy, I owe you a whole lot more than that WTE.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    oh boy, I owe you a whole lot more than that WTE.
    This is now beginning to make sense.

I remember that night she was begging me to do her doggie style. She usually likes conventional.

Then she asked me to go woof woof.

16. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I can't believe people open their door for sales people.

I ain't buying, so why bother?

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I can't believe people open their door for sales people.

I ain't buying, so why bother?
    One salesman told me he was going to get my money one way or the other. I told him that maybe so, but only after I killed him and his family.

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Trailer Park Casanova View Post
    We have a DND, Do not disturb on the door.
    Wife works 12 hr nights in the ER and needs her sleep.

The pest control sales people totally ignore it,, but everyone else respects it.

Problem now is the spam calls on the cell phone.
    The National Do Not Call list isn't working.
    The fleshy headed mutants call anyway.
    A spam number gets one phone call on my cell. Once they've called me, they are blocked.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information