Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: At&t

Default At&t

ATT Free Msg: Your data use this month places you in the top 5% of users. Use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/dataplans or call 8663447584

Are they purposefully slowing down my data speed to keep me from using data? Because I'm paying for unlimited data.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

They'll still slow you down if you're using too much. Even if you're an "unlimited" customer.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    ATT Free Msg: Your data use this month places you in the top 5% of users. Use Wi-Fi to help avoid reduced speeds. Visit www.att.com/dataplans or call 8663447584

Are they purposefully slowing down my data speed to keep me from using data? Because I'm paying for unlimited data.
    Yep, when you hit 2GB of data, they slow you down. Part of it is to keep users from using their service to replace a home ISP (Cable Modem/DSL). Part of it is that they are greedy ********.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:

T-Mobile does the same thing...assuming you can find a 4G connection.

It's a shame. In a perfect world, companies would do what is best for the customer. Now it's whatever saves the company money. And there's absolutely nothing you can do except for not use their product. Too bad I'm addicted. It would be harder on the person anyways. I dont think they care too much if they lost one customer. Theres three more waiting in line . By the way, they didn't start that until I started closing in on 6GB. I usually reach about 5 GB for the month.

Greedy bass turds.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I guess there is an infinite amount of cell bandwidth.

I guess they never should have offered unlimited data.

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

It's always been about how much money the company can make. Where you been?
    Merry.

9. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I guess they never should have offered unlimited data.
    They didn't realize bandwidth hounds like you existed.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by BeefStew25 View Post
    They didn't realize bandwidth hounds like you existed.
    Phones were never meant to host torrents.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Yea, this was announced a few months ago. Far more people kept their grandfathered unlimited plans than AT&T counted on and their network in many places is saturated (why they were trying to by Tmobile and get more radio spectrum).

So, for those people on unlimited plans that are among the 5% heaviest data users each month, they will throttle your speed once you hit that point for the rest of the month.

How much data have you used when they throttled you?

If you don't know, you can type *3283# (might have to hit send, I can't remember) and AT&T will then send you a text message telling you how much data, text messages, etc. that you have used so far this month.

I am curious as I also (still) have AT&T unlimited--what do you do to reach that much data?

Am not criticizing; just wanting to know if I -really- will need unlimited forever. I use Rdio/Spotify and internet radio CONSTANTLY and have never been close.

Is it video streaming that drives this up?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Sounds like the kid has mastubation issues.

I get on Facebook and Twitter a lot. And I also use this site on my phone rather than on a computer. I normally get to about 4-5 GB each month. So if I didn't keep my unlimited for 30 bucks I would have had to use 2GB for 25 bucks for AT&T. I think that's the price.

When I got the message, I had been using the Netflix app a lot. I was close to 6GB and it was only about day 20. I had/have wifi. But my 3G while I lived in Phoenix was pretty fast and I didn't have to worry about it slowing down when my wife was using our wifi.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Just set up my dad's old 3GS iPhone that he gave to me with AT&T Go Phone prepaid plan. Had AT&T rep activate me a Go Phone prepaid sim card with the $25.00 monthly plan. I don't talk too much but make up for it in texting, so at 250 minutes a month with unlimited texting/messaging it suits me. No data with this plan, so had to turn off the data feature of the iPhone. I get free WiFi at work and I have my wireless router at home so I don't miss the data (everywhere I look, I can find a WiFi hot spot). Pretty happy right now....
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information