Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: iPhone/Android Apps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Adopted Bronco:

Default iPhone/Android Apps

With the ongoing debate over which platform is better, I thought a thread that informed/discussed any MUST HAVE apps would be a good idea.

If you have or know of an app that you cant live without or that just makes life easier...share and discuss it here.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

My favorite apps on my iPhone are:

1. AroundMe - find anything you could possibly need within a few miles of your location. Bars, banks, ATM machines, food, stores... very useful free app. When our office moved to downtown Golden I was able to find tons of great restaurants.

2. Sportstacular - Great free mobile sports app that lets you set your favorite team in every sport, customize alerts, and keep track of games.

3. The Cracked Reader and The Chive - Based on the sites, tons of great articles and funny pictures to help kill time when you need to.

4. Skyfire - A web browsing app that works around the Flash Player issue on iPhone. Converts the flash media to a compatible form. I watch TV and stream Broncos games all the time on that thing.

5. Any Tower Defense Game - If you are into gaming, Tower Defense games are a good mix of easy to learn but difficult to master making them easy and fun to pick up and play. Tons of options out there including Sentinel, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, and my personal favorite Army of Darkness.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    My favorite apps on my iPhone are:

1. AroundMe - find anything you could possibly need within a few miles of your location. Bars, banks, ATM machines, food, stores... very useful free app. When our office moved to downtown Golden I was able to find tons of great restaurants.

2. Sportstacular - Great free mobile sports app that lets you set your favorite team in every sport, customize alerts, and keep track of games.

3. The Cracked Reader and The Chive - Based on the sites, tons of great articles and funny pictures to help kill time when you need to.

4. Skyfire - A web browsing app that works around the Flash Player issue on iPhone. Converts the flash media to a compatible form. I watch TV and stream Broncos games all the time on that thing.

5. Any Tower Defense Game - If you are into gaming, Tower Defense games are a good mix of easy to learn but difficult to master making them easy and fun to pick up and play. Tons of options out there including Sentinel, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, and my personal favorite Army of Darkness.
    What sites can you use on skyfire to watch Broncos games?

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    What sites can you use on skyfire to watch Broncos games?
    There is a list here: http://www.zeropaid.com/news/95780/h...ipad-for-free/

Also a good list just for computer streaming.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

For Android:

1. Amazon App Store -- Get a pay for app for free every day, what's not cool about that?

2. App 2 SD Free or Pro -- An application that detects apps that can be moved to your SD card, alerts you, and allows you to move it over.

3. ES File Explorer -- A file system app that lest you browse the contents of your SD card, or connect ot netowrk, FTP, or cloud shares.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    For Android:

1. Amazon App Store -- Get a pay for app for free every day, what's not cool about that?

2. App 2 SD Free or Pro -- An application that detects apps that can be moved to your SD card, alerts you, and allows you to move it over.

3. ES File Explorer -- A file system app that lest you browse the contents of your SD card, or connect ot netowrk, FTP, or cloud shares.
    These are the types of apps I know I could use, but never seem to come across. I guess as I get older, I lose a little touch wit the tech world.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

USAA, NFL Mobile, Word With Friends, Pandora, TSN Mobile for iPhone.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

1-Android Booster- An app that closes unwanted apps/taks and frees up RAM as well as one touch activation of3/4g on off, bluetooth, wireless and auto updates. By far my fav app. I let it run in the background and it saves so much battery and RAM as it closes anything I dont want running.

2- AirControl- You are ATC and have to land a shit load of planes, jets and helicopters without them running into each other. Addictive as hell

3- Aparatus- problem solving puzzle game. There is a cup-more or less- and you have to get this ball into it by building ramps to roll off cliffs, or using a battery and pendulum to hit it in. Very Challenging but my favorite! If you are a thinker you will like this game. If not you will hate it.

4-mp3music downloader- any song, totally free-it freaking rocks.

5- Archipelago- kind of like the game risk. There are x amount of islands on the screen occupied by you and the computers (3) and you have to send your planes over to the other islands to take them over. You send half you fleet each time, but your fleet builds up while dormant. Also a fun strategy game.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    1-Android Booster- An app that closes unwanted apps/taks and frees up RAM as well as one touch activation of3/4g on off, bluetooth, wireless and auto updates. By far my fav app. I let it run in the background and it saves so much battery and RAM as it closes anything I dont want running.

2- AirControl- You are ATC and have to land a shit load of planes, jets and helicopters without them running into each other. Addictive as hell

3- Aparatus- problem solving puzzle game. There is a cup-more or less- and you have to get this ball into it by building ramps to roll off cliffs, or using a battery and pendulum to hit it in. Very Challenging but my favorite! If you are a thinker you will like this game. If not you will hate it.

4-mp3music downloader- any song, totally free-it freaking rocks.

5- Archipelago- kind of like the game risk. There are x amount of islands on the screen occupied by you and the computers (3) and you have to send your planes over to the other islands to take them over. You send half you fleet each time, but your fleet builds up while dormant. Also a fun strategy game.
    I use all of these. MP3 Music Download is the greatest things ever

13. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

There is an air traffic control game for the iPhone also called Flight Control. I got a score I can't beat it so I haven't played in a while. Also, the iPhone4 has an "app killer" preprogrammed on the phone.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    There is an air traffic control game for the iPhone also called Flight Control. I got a score I can't beat it so I haven't played in a while. Also, the iPhone4 has an "app killer" preprogrammed on the phone.
    I downloaded Advanced Task Killer free for Android. Works like a champ.

I had a flight game as well, but I got bored with it. Seems like it might have been Flight Control for Android. Is that the one where you direct the planes and helicopters by creating a path with your finger and try to land as many as possible without crashes?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

That's the one

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    That's the one
    Yeah, I kind of got bored with it after awhile. it sat on my phone forever without me touching it, so I just dumped it

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Yeah, I kind of got bored with it after awhile. it sat on my phone forever without me touching it, so I just dumped it

Thats funny you say that because that is the game I play when I am taking a dump.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

19. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Draw something.. good time killer.

Warning, its become addicting.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information