Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 2009 Opponents

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Despite their suckassness, Oakland has been to a Super Bowl this decade and won more Playoff games than Denver has. Oakland and KC won't be bottom feeders forever. That's a (sad) fact.

Again I am not saying this team can do it. But be a playoff contender? It is absolutely possible, and if that isn't the goal of 32 teams in the League they should turn into a bowling team. It depends how they respond to Coach McDaniels I admit, but he can use his age to his advantage. He can relate to the young players. He knows how to Email and text and use a Blackberry. He has won Championships with the Patriots this decade.

Shanahan is like grandpa compared to McD.

I love what I have heard from him about what he is going to do and that's why I wanted him here. I wanted Spags for awhile, but if that guy couldn't impress the NY Jets for cryin' out loud, let alone the Broncos there is something wrong. Unimpressive is the word that seems to be thrown around about him. And after yesterday's NYG loss, fans are running him out of town (not that that's meaningful of anything, just the words.) Maybe Spags isn't HC material.

I'm thrilled with McD and what he said is what the Broncos need if he can deliver. Drastic change IS EXACTLY what the Broncos needed. I love Shanahan and what he has brought here, but eventually your methods will not work. The NFL has evolved and the Broncos have not.

These have been the trademarks of the Broncos the last few years-

• Fast starts and late collapses.
    • Horrendous defenses.
    • Predictable Offense.
    • Bad ST.

Change was definitely needed. I hope McD brings it.
    let me add the all it took for OAK to be a contender was a good coach al just may luck into another one like he did with Gruden.. it will not last for long, but with the talent they have been getting in the draft for the past decade they have some pretty good talent..

add to your list..

• inability to put a team away (no Killer instinct)
    • playing down to the competition (lack of motivation from coaches (HC in particular))

2. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    let me add the all it took for OAK to be a contender was a good coach al just may luck into another one like he did with Gruden.. it will not last for long, but with the talent they have been getting in the draft for the past decade they have some pretty good talent..

add to your list..

• inability to put a team away (no Killer instinct)
    • playing down to the competition (lack of motivation from coaches (HC in particular))
    ...and the Broncos could have gotten all of the above with McDaniels.

I know I'm a Broncos fan, but I see this as a perfect move by Bowlen.

He tapped the best organization in the NFL for his man just like he did in '95, even though Shanahan had orange blood, the situation is eerily similar.

We really have to give the Denver Broncos credit. Pat Bowlen showed the guts to do what many think he wouldn't have done, he pulled the trigger on Shanny, went out and got a guy who has the potential to be a helluva Coach and with the team for a long time if the marriage works out.

Many of us have been calling for a Coaching change for years now. I'm glad Bowlen realized a change was needed too.

It shows the Broncos are above the mediocre standard that has followed this team for the past few years, and I credit them for giving us the most exciting offseason since March 2003 when Jake arrived in town (it didn't work but ti was still something,) and '98 prior.

Go McDaniels. Go .
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

...and the Broncos could have gotten all of the above with McDaniels.

I know I'm a Broncos fan, but I see this as a perfect move by Bowlen.

He tapped the best organization in the NFL for his man just like he did in '95, even though Shanahan had orange blood, the situation is eerily similar.

We really have to give the Denver Broncos credit. Pat Bowlen showed the guts to do what many think he wouldn't have done, he pulled the trigger on Shanny, went out and got a guy who has the potential to be a helluva Coach and with the team for a long time if the marriage works out.

Many of us have been calling for a Coaching change for years now. I'm glad Bowlen realized a change was needed too.

It shows the Broncos are above the mediocre standard that has followed this team for the past few years, and I credit them for giving us the most exciting offseason since March 2003 when Jake arrived in town (it didn't work but ti was still something,) and '98 prior.

Go McDaniels. Go .
    I just did not see Pat firing mikey, I thought he would be there forever with his "contract for life".. I was stunned to hear about it while on vacation in Colorado..

I would have settled for a strong GM being brought in that reported to PAT and a strong DC that reported to the GM.. But I'm guessing that mikey did not want to give up that kind of power.. instead he may set our the 2009 season finishing his house and collecting his 7 mil..

props to Pat

6. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    I just did not see Pat firing mikey, I thought he would be there forever with his "contract for life".. I was stunned to hear about it while on vacation in Colorado..

I would have settled for a strong GM being brought in that reported to PAT and a strong DC that reported to the GM.. But I'm guessing that mikey did not want to give up that kind of power.. instead he may set our the 2009 season finishing his house and collecting his 7 mil..

props to Pat
    I still say Shanahan should have stepped down after Elway retired and said my job is done here.

8. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

I still say Shanahan should have stepped down after Elway retired and said my job is done here.
    ego got in the way.. it would have shattered his God complex..

10. The Following User High Fived Lonestar For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Thta is what has gone wrong with the Broncos. It was the beginning of the downward spiral into mediocrity.

I know it sounds like a double-edged sword that Shanny leaving in the 99 offseason, what kind of team we'd have today? But denver needed to be completely gutted and rebuilt practically from scratch back then. Many players had a TON of trade value...

Whatever.

McDaniels will field a competitve Broncos team I tell you. This schedule isn't as bad as it looks. It isn't cupcakes, but the only game I don't see Denver having hardly any chance of winning is Baltimore and Pitt, and a few tough divisional road games.

If McD is to have any success, he has to get this team to beat the teams they should, like Oakland at home and hopefully find that Mile High Magic again.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

We should sweep Kansas City, Oakland and Ohio if we play up to our potential in all 6 of those games.

We can be Washington on a good day and Dallas if they are having a bad day.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Bobby Humphrey

Looks like a exciting season ahead.
    A very tough, but exciting schedule!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information