Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: John Elway on the ticket 11-14

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Elway on the ticket 11-14

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:

Default Broncos’ Elway: Game vs. Kansas City dictated heavy rushing attack

For those who can not listen, here is some of what John said:
    Bottom line, John Elway said this morning: the Broncos won. No matter that Tim Tebow threw eight passes, he said.

Speaking during his weekly radio segment on 102.3 The Ticket with Vic and Gary, Elway said repeatedly that the Broncos only threw eight passes in yesterday’s 17-10 win over Kansas City because it was what “the game dictated.”

“You can always go back and question, ‘We could’ve done this,’ or, ‘We could’ve done that,’ but we won the game,” said Elway, the team’s executive vice president of football operations.
    rest of article - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...-attack/10693/

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

He's right.

There was no need to venture from what we were doing. If we had panicked and threw it up, turned it over and lost than everyone would be complaining that we should of kept running it.

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

For those who can not, or do not want to listen to it - John was asked to evaluate Tim's performance.

John replied - "if you want me to evaluate Tim yesterday - he played very very well"

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

No need to get into the play calling after a win, but TT did what was asked of him.

9. The Following 4 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

eh, I would have liked to see a fair amount more of the passes. Just enough to offset the run and extend the drives. Running the same run on 3rd and 19...that imo is pointless. especially when there are 4 minutes left in the game.

Try a quick slant, a screen, and out or a bomb down the sidelines. Something that is safe and not likely to be picked off. Either we catch it and go or no one catches it. But whatever, we won and like elway said that is all that matters.

THE MOST important thing I heard from elway was the "Tim needs to be a better pocket passer but we are not going to make him a pocket passer."---That is great!!!
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

The 8 passes in yesterday's game could have been a little more. The ESPN talking heads were saying that the coaches and team will not continue to win with a game plan of only 8 passes. That was not on Tebow, and he did exactly what the coaches asked. I am glad we won. We really need to let him throw more, since Elway said himself that Tebow needs to improve on his throwing.

Sometimes I feel like the Denver coaches talk out of both sides of their mouths most of the time, I am sure they are not the only organization to do so, not good though. I will take a win no matter what and Decker looked good on that TD yesterday.

The catch 22 in all this, Denver's coaching staff would have had Orton throw 20-25 times yet still somehow would have probably lost the game. Yet, get a Rookie and only PLAN 8 throwing plays and somehow pull off the impossible and win on the road.

To me it shows they do not have confidence in Tebow nor the entire offense which rubs off on the players (they are not stupid).

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

FTA

Tebow only completed two passes, but one was a 56-yard strike to Eric Decker that gave the Broncos a 17-7 lead with 6:44 to play.

“He made a great throw the clinch the game,” Elway said. “To me, that’s locking up a football game, that’s winning the game. That pass won the football game.

“We know Tim Tebow can make those clutch throws like that. … You can’t throw a better pass than Tim Tebow made in that situation.”
    Well said, Mr. Elway
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

14. The Following 10 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBroncoGirl View Post
    The 8 passes in yesterday's game could have been a little more. The ESPN talking heads were saying that the coaches and team will not continue to win with a game plan of only 8 passes. That was not on Tebow, and he did exactly what the coaches asked. I am glad we won. We really need to let him throw more, since Elway said himself that Tebow needs to improve on his throwing.

Sometimes I feel like the Denver coaches talk out of both sides of their mouths most of the time, I am sure they are not the only organization to do so, not good though. I will take a win no matter what and Decker looked good on that TD yesterday.

The catch 22 in all this, Denver's coaching staff would have had Orton throw 20-25 times yet still somehow would have probably lost the game. Yet, get a Rookie and only PLAN 8 throwing plays and somehow pull off the impossible and win on the road.

To me it shows they do not have confidence in Tebow nor the entire offense which rubs off on the players (they are not stupid).
    Talking heads said the Broncos won't win with Tebow, period. Who cares what they think? They are an echo chamber anyway.

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBroncoGirl View Post

I don't agree with your interpretation at all in regards to yesterday's game. The run WAS working - it was TOTALLY wearing down KC's defense - it was giving our defense the luxury of standing on the sidelines, to be totally fresh when they came in the game, so WHY should the coaches put in more pass plays??? It had NOTHING to do with trying to make TT look bad - it was ALL about keep DOING what is successful. What IF TT had thrown 10 more passes, and THREE were intercepted, and lead to touchdowns - THEN WHAT?????

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

18. The Following 7 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I don't agree with your interpretation at all in regards to yesterday's game. The run WAS working - it was TOTALLY wearing down KC's defense - it was giving our defense the luxury of standing on the sidelines, to be totally fresh when they came in the game, so WHY should the coaches put in more pass plays??? It had NOTHING to do with trying to make TT look bad - it was ALL about keep DOING what is successful. What IF TT had thrown 10 more passes, and THREE were intercepted, and lead to touchdowns - THEN WHAT?????
    While I agree with this post for the most part, the fact that he's thrown only one interception in 105 attempts this season leads me to believe that he would not have thrown anywhere close to 3 interceptions had he thrown 10 more passes.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    e

Try a quick slant, a screen, and out or a bomb down the sidelines. Something that is safe and not likely to be picked off.

No such thing. I watched a QB yesterday throw a ball that a Dlineman interecepted not 4 feet in front of him. The same QB also threw a bomb late in the game that was picked off by overthrowing his receiver. As long as the defense was doing its job there was no need to get stupid yesterday.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    While I agree with this post for the most part, the fact that he's thrown only one interception in 105 attempts this season leads me to believe that he would not have thrown anywhere close to 3 interceptions had he thrown 10 more passes.
    OK - it was just a "what if" - so let me go another direction. What if TT had thrown the ball 10 - 20 more times, and most of those passes were overthrown, thrown away, dropped, and the Broncos were not sustaining drives, were not using up the clock, were not keeping the defense fresh, which resulted in the defense totally dominating the KC offense like they did running the ball?

This is not directed at you BTB, but for anyone who feels the Broncos were not letting TT pass more, because they wanted to make him look bad - do yourself a favor and listen to everything #7 had to say this morning.

One thing he said - not exactly word for word, was:

During his early years, Dan Reeves ran the ball the majority of the time, to protect him (#7), until his passing game improved.

That comment is coming from a Hall of Fame QB in regards to his early years.

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    OK - it was just a "what if" - so let me go another direction. What if TT had thrown the ball 10 - 20 more times, and most of those passes were overthrown, thrown away, dropped, and the Broncos were not sustaining drives, were not using up the clock, were not keeping the defense fresh, which resulted in the defense totally dominating the KC offense like they did running the ball?

This is not directed at you BTB, but for anyone who feels the Broncos were not letting TT pass more, because they wanted to make him look bad - do yourself a favor and listen to everything #7 had to say this morning.

One thing he said - not exactly word for word, was:

During his early years, Dan Reeves ran the ball the majority of the time, to protect him (#7), until his passing game improved.

That comment is coming from a Hall of Fame QB in regards to his early years.

You do have a point Carol.

In the game vs Detroit Tim had 1 Int and 3 fumbles although he lost just one of them. Granted, we were playing from behind but considering that our defense was playing great and we could still run the ball effectively with out 3rd string RB i just cant see any logic to taking chance just so his passing stats can look better.

In the end, there will be games where Tebow will have to air it out more. It might even happen thursday but if your in a game where your winning and they cant stop you at what your doing best dont do anything to give it away.

Best example? A few weeks ago Dallas was smashing the Lions. Instead of starting to run out the clock they kept passing the ball and Homo threw 3 Ints in which some got picked off for TD's.

Nope. Denver was in a great position yesterday to just keep doing what was working.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    You do have a point Carol.

In the game vs Detroit Tim had 1 Int and 3 fumbles although he lost just one of them. Granted, we were playing from behind but considering that our defense was playing great and we could still run the ball effectively with out 3rd string RB i just cant see any logic to taking chance just so his passing stats can look better.

In the end, there will be games where Tebow will have to air it out more. It might even happen thursday but if your in a game where your winning and they cant stop you at what your doing best dont do anything to give it away.

Best example? A few weeks ago Dallas was smashing the Lions. Instead of starting to run out the clock they kept passing the ball and Homo threw 3 Ints in which some got picked off for TD's.

Nope. Denver was in a great position yesterday to just keep doing what was working.
    Great points North - and to sum up your post:

IF IT AIN'T BROKE - DON'T FIX IT

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

27. The Following 4 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information