Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Chris Johnson intentionally injured?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The penalty on the play was not the offensive lineman "protecting" his running back. The penalty was behind the play.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    The play WAS over (speaking of eyesight). Otherwise the ref would not have thrown a 15 yard penalty flag for the Tenessee lineman chipping the jackass off of his running back. The play had been over for 5 seconds or so and the whistle had been blown. Good grief.
    I agree. The tackle was BS and to far over the top.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Check your eyesight. That was not dirty, Johnson was never down as he was laying on top of a player. If his progress was stopped the Refs should of blown the whistle which they failed to do. You play until the whistle blows. Good grief.
    Eyesight is fine Northman the Ravens tried to hurt the guy!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Bronco Bible For This Post:

During preseason, when Aldridge had that great game, he was complaining that his opponents (forgot whom) were bending his ankle after the plays had been blown dead. After that game, he went on I.R.

I'm thinking cheapshots are a common practice for some teams. Too bad the refs almost never call them.

its a game of inches, and it is the playoffs. nothing was illegal about it. ravens players were pushing him back and his legs were stuck. big deal.

9. The Following User High Fived jrelway For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by jrelway View Post
    its a game of inches, and it is the playoffs. nothing was illegal about it. ravens players were pushing him back and his legs were stuck. big deal.

Shhhh, logic never plays a part in NFL football dude. The whistle had not blown until long after Johnson's progress had stopped but hey, its only supposed to be flag football out there so i dont know what they are thinking as players.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information