Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Chris Johnson intentionally injured?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Default Chris Johnson intentionally injured?

I watched the game yeaterday, and I was absolutely appaled at the cheap shots the Ravens were taking. (Yes I understand it is a rough sport) but especially after the play.

Chris Johnson was absolutely eating them alive. Making Ray Lewis and company look like Denver's D.

Did anybody see the play where Johnson was tackled, the play was over and 3 or 4 Ravens defenders were bending poor Johnson in half backwards? I was like "Someone throw a flag or something!"

Then a Titans lineman came over and simply tried to save Chris from literally getting his back broken, and he got a 15 yard flag!!!

It was one of the most horrible calls I have ever seen. I have never seen refs allow a guy to get assaulted by 4 men only to penalize the guy who tried to save him. Did anybody else see this? I wouldn't be surprised if these defenders get after the game fines.

2. The Following 6 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

The NFL refs are horrible. People can defend them all they want, but this wasn't even a frigging semantics ruling or anything like that.
    The term "gang rape" applies here, and honestly it does shock me. The Ravens usually play within the rules. They have so many heavy hitters that they don't need to do crap like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

4. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I didn't see that play, but I hate the Ravens and don't doubt they did try to injure him.

The hit was cheap, but is that what Johnson sat out the 2nd half for. I didnt see how he injured his ankle on that play.

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    I watched the game yeaterday, and I was absolutely appaled at the cheap shots the Ravens were taking. (Yes I understand it is a rough sport) but especially after the play.

Chris Johnson was absolutely eating them alive. Making Ray Lewis and company look like Denver's D.

Did anybody see the play where Johnson was tackled, the play was over and 3 or 4 Ravens defenders were bending poor Johnson in half backwards? I was like "Someone throw a flag or something!"

Then a Titans lineman came over and simply tried to save Chris from literally getting his back broken, and he got a 15 yard flag!!!

It was one of the most horrible calls I have ever seen. I have never seen refs allow a guy to get assaulted by 4 men only to penalize the guy who tried to save him. Did anybody else see this? I wouldn't be surprised if these defenders get after the game fines.
    Yes I saw it...absolute horrible BS call.Not surprising though with some of the crap calls that have been made all season.But that one was so blatant.They should get fined.And the Titans player got flagged.Stupid effin refs...
    Last edited by KCL; 01-11-2009 at 11:07 AM.

8. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by horsesense View Post
    The hit was cheap, but is that what Johnson sat out the 2nd half for. I didnt see how he injured his ankle on that play.
    I am not sure what play he was injured on as he played after that.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by KCL View Post
    Yes I saw it...absolute horrible BS call.Not surprising though with some of the crap calls that have been made all season.But that one was so blatant.
    They should have been ejected from the game for that shit.

11. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

KCL

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Also, did anyone notice Chris Johnson when he was on the silelines? Dude was twitching like mad. Reminded me of a methhead. Is Johnson a tweaker?

They should have been ejected from the game for that shit.
    I agree...My husband and I were watching and we were both like WTF? We couldn't believe that crap.

Also, did anyone notice Chris Johnson when he was on the silelines? Dude was twitching like mad. Reminded me of a methhead. Is Johnson a tweaker?
    I thought he was just furious. Like, he has class but one can only take so much before they are visibly and physically pissed.

The Ravens rarely give up a 100 yard rusher, and he had 72 yards at halftime. That guy is a beast, power and enough speed to make any LB in this league look stupid. He'll be fine though, all the Ravens did was give him motivation to crush them next time. When he does I hope he runs his mouth all game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

There should be fines comming I would think.

It was bad. Reed just about bent him over backwords.

16. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

KCL

These are the same refs who didn't throw the flag for delay of game on the
    Ravens? Clearly the game clock had run out. Another F UP by the refs.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I have wondered at times, this year, whether the NFL scouted the WWE for refs . . .

-----
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Check your eyesight. That was not dirty, Johnson was never down as he was laying on top of a player. If his progress was stopped the Refs should of blown the whistle which they failed to do. You play until the whistle blows. Good grief.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Check your eyesight. That was not dirty, Johnson was never down as he was laying on top of a player. If his progress was stopped the Refs should of blown the whistle which they failed to do. You play until the whistle blows. Good grief.
    The play WAS over (speaking of eyesight). Otherwise the ref would not have thrown a 15 yard penalty flag for the Tenessee lineman chipping the jackass off of his running back. The play had been over for 5 seconds or so and the whistle had been blown. Good grief.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information