Poll: iPhone or Driod?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone or Droid

1. Default

DROID x2 what I got my buddie has iPhone its junk. Stick to a DROID

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Feel free to make my battery last longer and my GPS more accurate
    sure... buy an android

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedorangenblue View Post
    DROID x2 what I got my buddie has iPhone its junk. Stick to a DROID
    careful, you'll get the fanbois upset

Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

4. Default

U don't know what yr talking about. Sure coach

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    sure... buy an android
    I have one. Samsung Galaxy S 4G. My battery is usually on a charger and my GPS is off by a block in most cases

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

tons of dropped calls - Never have this problem, did with the iPhone 1 (You've never dropped a call? I find that hard to believe)

-- poor speaker quality - Agreed

-- battery life - Not a problem there either with me, usaully at 60% unless I am off wifi or streaming music (you're the first... since iOS 5 it is much worse, jsut do a google and find tons of problems with battery life)

-- proprietary, bloated software that is a pain in the ass - I like iTunes, but it can be a pain I suppose. ( seems to be a common gripe...)

-- syncing, syncing, syncing - iCloud is nice, everything auto syncs now without USB (Not sure if I need to upload lal my stuff to a public server, dont see the point)

-- pay more for apps - Really? Did not know that. Like more for the same apps? Or apps on the Droid are just generally cheaper? (generally a buck or two more and quite a few are free on droid that arent on iphone. Then again, you dont have to pay google to make an app for android whereas apple makes people pay to produce apps for their OS)

-- the email app is horrible - Love the email app, have all my accounts linked (you also like having to delete one email at a time? wouldnt you love to just have an option to delete many with 1 click? seems like an easy thing to add but they dont seem to want to)

-- GPS is off by about 60 feet - No clue, never really noticed I'll take your word for it.

-- no true hands free solution - my hands free in both of my cars works fine, never looked for any other option (hands free over bluetooth works, yes. no bluetooth, no handsfree)

-- doesnt communicate with a lot of stereos with bluetooth - see above
    Sorry, didn't mean I NEVER have dropped calls, but it doesn't happen all that often. And seriously, my battery is fine. I was on the internet in my car and playing some games on my lunch for about an hour and as of right now my charge is 63% (since taking it off the charger this morning). I'm really good about cycling my battery, so maybe that helps.

Did not know that about the app prices. I usually just use FreeAppKing and wait for discounts or when they offer apps for free on things I want. Its still best to use Cydia (jailbreak phones homebrew app store) for a TON of free apps and games. My favorite is is my Nintendo Emulator, always play Mario 3 on it!

The only time I need hands free is in my car, and like I said mine syncs up fine and the rest of the time if I have headphones plugged in I can talk even with the phone in my pocket.

I think the Droid has the advantage of being more accessible right out of the box whereas the iPhone needs a few hacks here and there (which are easy but void your warranty). Personal preference I suppose. One thing I like about the Droids is their screen size.

EDIT: And the email app does have one click delete, use it all the time.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 11-15-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

I suggest you download ATC Live when you get a chance. My family and I listen to MCO approach in our living room at night. Windshear alert.

8. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Android wont help in these areas
    Don't have this issue at all with my golf GPS apps. It would drive me nuts on the iPhone if my range finding app was off by 20 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean I NEVER have dropped calls, but it doesn't happen all that often. And seriously, my battery is fine. I was on the internet in my car and playing some games on my lunch for about an hour and as of right now my charge is 63% (since taking it off the charger this morning). I'm really good about cycling my battery, so maybe that helps.

Did not know that about the app prices. I usually just use FreeAppKing and wait for discounts or when they offer apps for free on things I want. Its still best to use Cydia (jailbreak phones homebrew app store) for a TON of free apps and games. My favorite is is my Nintendo Emulator, always play Mario 3 on it!

The only time I need hands free is in my car, and like I said mine syncs up fine and the rest of the time if I have headphones plugged in I can talk even with the phone in my pocket.

I think the Droid has the advantage of being more accessible right out of the box whereas the iPhone needs a few hacks here and there (which are easy but void your warranty). Personal preference I suppose. One thing I like about the Droids is their screen size.

EDIT: And the email app does have one click delete, use it all the time.
    you have the ONLY iphone with one touch delete. You cannot delete all email with one click with the ios email app. You can click edit and then choose each email and then delete or swipe each email and delete individually but that is horrible.

I do have to say that battery life was pretty good until iOS 5. I can charge to 100% and leave my phone on the desk and within 8 hours or so it is completely dead. I have even turned off wifi, bluetooth, and anything else I could find. I did the 5.0.1 update that is supposed to fix this but it made it worse, which has happened to alot of people and is being heavily discussed on their forums.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

you have the ONLY iphone with one touch delete. You cannot delete all email with one click with the ios email app. You can click edit and then choose each email and then delete or swipe each email and delete individually but that is horrible.

I do have to say that battery life was pretty good until iOS 5. I can charge to 100% and leave my phone on the desk and within 8 hours or so it is completely dead. I have even turned off wifi, bluetooth, and anything else I could find. I did the 5.0.1 update that is supposed to fix this but it made it worse, which has happened to alot of people and is being heavily discussed on their forums.
    I just saw the 5.0.1 update this morning now I am hesitant to do it!

And you are right about the delete all function for the mail. Its only available in mail that is in the trash and that is where I remember using it all the time. Maybe on iOS9? Such a simple function they could put in...

Son went to Verizon last night and traded in his Droid X for a iPhone 4.
    Says he likes it better.

The newer Droid would have been a $450 + trade in,, the iPhone worked out to a net cost of $100.

I like the app killer widget on the droid.

It took me 6 months to figure out how to do a mass email delete. Up until a few days ago, I was deleting them by conversation.
    This space available for lease.

I like a jail broken iPhone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I made up my mind, and am playing with the phone now.

Details to follow...

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

So, I went with the iPhone.

Now have a Driod and love it. Apple is for losers.

17. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information