Poll: iPhone or Driod?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone or Droid

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Seems like you have your answer. I have to admit to being surprised. With the popularity of the iPhone, I figured there would be more support for that platform, but it looks like Android is the winner here so far.

I guess it is just teenagers and iSlaves that prefer the iToys for the most part.
    I was really leaning toward the iPhone - but I'd rather go with a Droid for reasons you and others have stated.

6 days and counting til decision time...

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I have never used the iPhone. But I like my droid just fine.

Anyone have an opinion on the iPad2 vs. the Galaxy Tab 10.1.

The wife wants the iPad, but it doesn't support Flash. Not sure if its that big of a deal or not. But aside from Flash, they seem very comparable.
    From what I have read, flash is coming to the iPad.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ing-Apple.html

I also understand that you probably should by the device you have a phone for, so you can share apps. Apple still is the king of apps, but that should change eventually. The Galaxy tab has a better screen, processor, camera, etc.

I'm actually getting the new Amazon Kindle Fire. $200. Works with Amazon Prime ($90/year for free 2 day shipping, plus unlimited movie downloads, can borrow books, etc.), uses Amazon's cloud (all the mp3's, movies, games, etc. you buy at Amazon are kept on the cloud and not in the device). Doesn't have a camera or a 3G network, but I don't really care about that.

3. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Seems like you have your answer. I have to admit to being surprised. With the popularity of the iPhone, I figured there would be more support for that platform, but it looks like Android is the winner here so far.

I guess it is just teenagers and iSlaves that prefer the iToys for the most part.
    Your stereotyping is extremely ignorant.

5. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Says the man who wears Ed Hardy...

Just saying.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

iphones are for hipsters and homos

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    I see there is a sale on Affliction shirts this weekend

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I have had the HTC Thunderbolt for about 4-5 months. I love it.

I also have an Ipod Touch, so comparing everything except the phone use, the Thunderbolt wins hands down.

Plus the Verizon 4G LTE is just blazing fast. I have good 4G reception all around OKC and the outlying areas, so I'm relatively sure you should have good 4g reception in Denver.

I love travelling with it. It has it's own wi-fi hotspot, so I can run my laptop through a wi-fi connection that I know is secure, and it's FAST. *Verizon now charges extra for this option, but it's worth it. .. you can turn it off if you're not using it, and have them add it back on when you need it again.

The only knock is battery life. I have "juicedefender" app for something like $2.99 that usually about doubles my battery life. Verizon also just recently pushed the "Gingerbread" update which seems to do a better job of conserving battery life. I'm usually not too far from a charger in my car, or in the office, or at home, so it's not a huge issue, but if long battery life is important to you, you might want to look at either the extended battery, or a different phone. I do have to think ahead and make sure my phone is charged before I get somewhere where I might not be able to charge it for an extended period. . .something I never really worried about with my blackberry.

11. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Biggest knock on Android has to be battery life and the random power downs

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I have had the HTC Thunderbolt for about 4-5 months. I love it.

I also have an Ipod Touch, so comparing everything except the phone use, the Thunderbolt wins hands down.

Plus the Verizon 4G LTE is just blazing fast. I have good 4G reception all around OKC and the outlying areas, so I'm relatively sure you should have good 4g reception in Denver.

I love travelling with it. It has it's own wi-fi hotspot, so I can run my laptop through a wi-fi connection that I know is secure, and it's FAST. *Verizon now charges extra for this option, but it's worth it. .. you can turn it off if you're not using it, and have them add it back on when you need it again.

The only knock is battery life. I have "juicedefender" app for something like $2.99 that usually about doubles my battery life. Verizon also just recently pushed the "Gingerbread" update which seems to do a better job of conserving battery life. I'm usually not too far from a charger in my car, or in the office, or at home, so it's not a huge issue, but if long battery life is important to you, you might want to look at either the extended battery, or a different phone. I do have to think ahead and make sure my phone is charged before I get somewhere where I might not be able to charge it for an extended period. . .something I never really worried about with my blackberry.
    My work phone is a HTC and I hate it. Granted it runs windows and not Android, so I'm hoping that's the problem.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    My work phone is a HTC and I hate it. Granted it runs windows and not Android, so I'm hoping that's the problem.
    What do you hate about it? I'm guessing it must be the Windows platform. I've really enjoyed the Thunderbolt, and it is relatively easy to use.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    What do you hate about it? I'm guessing it must be the Windows platform. I've really enjoyed the Thunderbolt, and it is relatively easy to use.
    I'm sure it's the OS that I hate - locks up, you have to terminate programs to stop them from running, poor battery (won't be as big a deal in my new position), all attributable to the OS.

What could be the phone is when I lock the screen, it somehow unlocks itself while in the holder and dials random people, opens programs etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I'm sure it's the OS that I hate - locks up, you have to terminate programs to stop them from running, poor battery (won't be as big a deal in my new position), all attributable to the OS.

What could be the phone is when I lock the screen, it somehow unlocks itself while in the holder and dials random people, opens programs etc.

I very rarely have a program lock up, and usually it's the same one, which leads me to believe it's the program itself.

And I've never had the phone unlock or butt-dial. Of course, the Thunderbolt design probably curtails some of that. You have to pretty much want to unlock it, I can't see it happening by accident.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Biggest knock on Android has to be battery life and the random power downs
    I've yet to have a random power down with my phone, but I agree about the battery life. I can get a 3500 mAh battery for my phone for about $15 on Amazon which greatly improves the battery life.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    I've yet to have a random power down with my phone, but I agree about the battery life. I can get a 3500 mAh battery for my phone for about $15 on Amazon which greatly improves the battery life.
    Yeah...I just havent bothered with the battery because I'm usually in my car, work and home and I have chargers in all 3 places. So, it rarely affects me.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I've never owned an iPhone... I owned the Droid 1 for the last couple years until last week. I upgraded to the Droid 3 or something like that - mostly because I wanted the version that still had the keyboard.

Never owned an iPhone, but no complaints about my Droids.

21. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information