Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: COD Modern Warefare 3.

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    if any of you want to level up, we can do a COD night on xbox. Trust me I am bad enough I am like a target out there.
    I'm up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The maps do seem to be the one area where I'm still on the fence about... I liked the Black Ops maps quite a bit.

But if anything, I thought the Black Ops maps were a lot more conducive to camping. There seemed to be more nooks and crannies to hide in. Seems like these maps tried to cut down on camping.
    I rarely ran into the type of camping that I am talking about in BO. And to be fair, objective style games like domination, HQ, demolition require a certain amount of camping...so it doesn't bother me...just like sniping doesn't bother me (though quickscoping gets me quite upset too).

There are numerous games where you have people just sitting in the corner of a room or laying prone at the top of stairs that just wait for people to come around a corner. That crap drives me nuts.

Maybe it is the platform? I am on the ps3...maybe it isn't as prevelent with the xbox gamers?

My 14 year old son wants to play this game. His father and I agreed to rent it first, so we can see what makes it an M rating. I get that it's very graphic. What about the swearing and nudity and paraphernalia? How much, if any, is in this game?
    This space available for lease.

I found some "guide" online (thank you Google) and what I was most concerned with aren't concerns so I'm good.

It's not all that graphic gnomey. There is some language and a little blood but I think it's safe for a 14 year old.

If he plays it online he might learn some new cuss words though. Some people show their asses.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    It's not all that graphic gnomey. There is some language and a little blood but I think it's safe for a 14 year old.

If he plays it online he might learn some new cuss words though. Some people show their asses.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Thanks Slick. Thanks to public school, I'm sure he wouldn't learn any "new" cuss words.

Th M rating I believe is more for the campaign mode. There is some swearing and a bit of violence but u can select to tone it down when u set the game up. They need to make a movie out of it.
    Last edited by Army Bronco; 01-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mike Shanahan

I know I'm joining this conversation late, but I just wanted to express how disappointed I am in MW3. And this is coming from the ULTIMATE call of duty fanboy. I had over 7 days logged online on MW2, and I had about 5 days logged on Blops. I've always preferred COD over other FPS games.

But there's something about MW3 that just doesn't do it for me...at all. I was outside at midnight for the release, and as soon as I got home and popped it in, i was like "wtf?"

I can't quite put my finger on it. The lag for me is really, really bad (my other games don't lag at all). The maps are all pretty small, they all seem to play like "turn the corner with akimbo SMGs and spray"

I hated battlefield 2, but Battlefield 3 is amazing. Since being outside for the midnight release of MW3, I only have 5 hours online. Where as I have over 60 hours online for Battlefield 3.

For the first time ever, the newest COD is not my primary FPS. Really disappointed.
    Born and raised in DC....living in Denver. I love the Redskins, and the Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
    I know I'm joining this conversation late, but I just wanted to express how disappointed I am in MW3. And this is coming from the ULTIMATE call of duty fanboy. I had over 7 days logged online on MW2, and I had about 5 days logged on Blops. I've always preferred COD over other FPS games.

But there's something about MW3 that just doesn't do it for me...at all. I was outside at midnight for the release, and as soon as I got home and popped it in, i was like "wtf?"

I can't quite put my finger on it. The lag for me is really, really bad (my other games don't lag at all). The maps are all pretty small, they all seem to play like "turn the corner with akimbo SMGs and spray"

I hated battlefield 2, but Battlefield 3 is amazing. Since being outside for the midnight release of MW3, I only have 5 hours online. Where as I have over 60 hours online for Battlefield 3.

For the first time ever, the newest COD is not my primary FPS. Really disappointed.
    Different maps require different classes IMO. This morso than anyother COD game. They tried to get rid of the camping in this one. Somehow the snipers are thriving though!!!

Sometimes you run into a guy who is real good with Akimbo, you just have to find a way to counter him. I usually stay far away from corners. Ive also found that Akimbo/shotgun dudes follow the same circular trail. they are only dangerous if they are running straight forward. JMO
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

11. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

I still can't understand why CoD continues to make the shotguns so ridiculously overpowered. No special units in the world uses shotguns for anything that is played out in the game, but in this game you can practically snipe with them. Its absurd. Same with the double Akimbo. But :shrugs: I think the game writers just like to play with these weapons so they want to make them overpowered.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I still can't understand why CoD continues to make the shotguns so ridiculously overpowered. No special units in the world uses shotguns for anything that is played out in the game, but in this game you can practically snipe with them. Its absurd. Same with the double Akimbo. But :shrugs: I think the game writers just like to play with these weapons so they want to make them overpowered.
    I don't really have a problem with it too much. Shotguns should be devestating close and, if you have the right set up, you should have an effective range of 50-70m with buckshot and 100 with slugs.

Either way I play HC so it's kind of a moot point. You get hit with anything and you're pretty much gone.

Quote Originally Posted by ShooterJM View Post
    I don't really have a problem with it too much. Shotguns should be devestating close and, if you have the right set up, you should have an effective range of 50-70m with buckshot and 100 with slugs.

Either way I play HC so it's kind of a moot point. You get hit with anything and you're pretty much gone.
    They shouldn't be devestating from the ranges that they are, and the spread that they have. Thats what I'm saying. Its absurd.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

15. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    They shouldn't be devestating from the ranges that they are, and the spread that they have. Thats what I'm saying. Its absurd.
    +1 The effective kill range is way too long on them, hence the reason the Stryker is becoming my weapon of choice.

Any COD Elite members on here? Get the new maps yesterday?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    +1 The effective kill range is way too long on them, hence the reason the Stryker is becoming my weapon of choice.

Any COD Elite members on here? Get the new maps yesterday?
    I see a golden stryker on most levels. I still think SG's should be a secondary weapon...

Didnt do the Elite, do you like the maps?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Do you guys remember 9798? He's on quite a bit playing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information