Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: COD Modern Warefare 3.

I haven't stuck with any of the Xbox games online, as I have always been much better with a keyboard and mouse. But, I'm going to give MW3 a real shot.

One question, for any of you playing a lot online, what gun do you like the best? The Type 95 is nice in that it's very powerful, but with three round bursts can be tough in a quick engagement.

So far, I like the G35 the best, because it has minimal recoil, and apparently is very light so you can move quickly when looking down the sights (as long as you are only using a red dot --- it slows down if using an ACOG or hybrid).

What are you guys using?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I haven't stuck with any of the Xbox games online, as I have always been much better with a keyboard and mouse. But, I'm going to give MW3 a real shot.

One question, for any of you playing a lot online, what gun do you like the best? The Type 95 is nice in that it's very powerful, but with three round bursts can be tough in a quick engagement.

So far, I like the G35 the best, because it has minimal recoil, and apparently is very light so you can move quickly when looking down the sights (as long as you are only using a red dot --- it slows down if using an ACOG or hybrid).

What are you guys using?
    I don't like 3-burst guns because I tend to be a run 'n gunner, which means I shoot first and aim second. If you're not on target with your 3 round burst initially then you lose too many gunfights.

So far the ACR seems to be my favorite - I managed to unlock the golden camo since I use it so much. I also like the iron site because I end up using my silencer so much. It has the perfect combination of damage, accuracy and fire rate for my style.

I don't really have a close 2nd favorite.

I don't like the scar as much as I did in MW2 because it doesn't do enough damage. I don't think the machine guns like MP5, UMP, PP90 or P90 have enough range for my liking. And then SMG's are too bulky, shotguns are useless from range, and I've never been big on sniping.

I use the AK-47 a little bit, but it has too much recoil, even with the kick attachment.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rick Upchurch

I prefer the AK. Cheap, and it one-shot kills people even if they have the kevlar+helmet. Take two flashbangs, always, and chuck 'em out the corners. Learn to strafe left and tap right to stop and shoot. Then you can clock the guys hanging out behind the crates on the north side. If you can't get an AK pick one up off a dead guy or keep an M4 if you like silenced weapons.
    How's your burger, bro? - Ancient proverb

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I played with the FAD last night. Bad ass, damage says it's low, but the fire rate and almost zero recoil make up for it.

5. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I played with the FAD last night. Bad ass, damage says it's low, but the fire rate and almost zero recoil make up for it.
    I've seen a bunch of people using the FAD, but I don't have it unlocked yet. I think I will use the G36 until I unlock the FAD

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I've seen a bunch of people using the FAD, but I don't have it unlocked yet. I think I will use the G36 until I unlock the FAD
    You have the ACR 6.8? Also quite a nice weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    You have the ACR 6.8? Also quite a nice weapon
    I've gotten used to have fast I can move with the red dot up with the G36, and have unlocked extended mags and stuff. MIght try the ACR again, though.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

What are you guys using?
    Type 95 is probably my favorite gun. Not sure what my 2nd favorite is right now. Maybe the CM901.

If you walk around the corner and get sprayed in the face with any gun you are going to lose that fight, but if you hit first with the type 95 you will win that fight the majority of the time.

Its a one shot one kill weapon. I like the MK14 silenced as well. Prety deadly, and boy do people get pissed when you kill them with a semiautomatic rifle vs a fully automatic weapon!
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

10. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Ok, I'm a few games from reaching Gold with the G36. Think I'll keep using that until I unlock the FAD. Although I might play around with the ACR a little bit more after I unlock the Gold camo on G36.

I got Akimbo/dual wield with the FMG9, but may also get it for MP9, but have a good amount of ammo, but I think the MP9 has a little less recoil/spray.

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

So I have played this game and while I enjoy the guns/perks/etc....I really hate the maps. Some I hate less than others, but there isn't any map that I really like.

ACR is a good weapon. I also use a SMG (UMP?) with rapid fire for the small maps and do really well with it. The machine pistols secondaries are overpowered though.

Camping is much worse in this game than Black Ops. I have tried the objective-style modes (domination, team defender, HQ, etc) and camping just makes them unplayable. Kill confirmed is about the only game mode that I play.

Game would be better if it could be played on the Black Ops maps, IMO.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    So I have played this game and while I enjoy the guns/perks/etc....I really hate the maps. Some I hate less than others, but there isn't any map that I really like.

ACR is a good weapon. I also use a SMG (UMP?) with rapid fire for the small maps and do really well with it. The machine pistols secondaries are overpowered though.

Camping is much worse in this game than Black Ops. I have tried the objective-style modes (domination, team defender, HQ, etc) and camping just makes them unplayable. Kill confirmed is about the only game mode that I play.

Game would be better if it could be played on the Black Ops maps, IMO.
    The maps do seem to be the one area where I'm still on the fence about... I liked the Black Ops maps quite a bit.

But if anything, I thought the Black Ops maps were a lot more conducive to camping. There seemed to be more nooks and crannies to hide in. Seems like these maps tried to cut down on camping.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    The maps do seem to be the one area where I'm still on the fence about... I liked the Black Ops maps quite a bit.

But if anything, I thought the Black Ops maps were a lot more conducive to camping. There seemed to be more nooks and crannies to hide in. Seems like these maps tried to cut down on camping.
    Same here, I've seen less camping issues than with BO. I found team defender to be a blast too. I'm definitely looking forward to some new maps though.

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

I'm on PS3

Tag is "NeedyForSpeedy"

Add me, I'm a badass playa

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

if any of you want to level up, we can do a COD night on xbox. Trust me I am bad enough I am like a target out there.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    if any of you want to level up, we can do a COD night on xbox. Trust me I am bad enough I am like a target out there.
    I think that's a great idea.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information