Thread: The Madden Cover Curse

Default The Madden Cover Curse

http://www.vsngaming.com/2009/01/mad...ence-or-curse/

Do you believe in the Madden Curse? There is decent supporting evidence from each version. Favre & the Jets choke to miss out on the playoffs, Mangini gets fired, he leads the league in interceptions.

Does it exist? If your favorite team's star player was going to be on the cover, would you care about it at all? Or is it just a silly notion. How would you react if they wanted to put Brandon Marshall on the cover? I personally wouldn't want them to put him on for the curse.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

QBI think Vince Young was on the 2008 cover.

Then there are the Cambell's soup curse (Hasselbeck's Seahawks were terrible) and the Sports Illustrated curse too.
    Last edited by Shazam!; 01-07-2009 at 10:51 PM. Reason: QB
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Madden just needs to be on the cover from now on or retired players/Hall of Famers. It's getting ridiculous.

4. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

If I recall, Donovan McNabb once did Madden, Chunky Soup, and SI cover all in the same offseason. The unholy trinity of sports curses.

The result was catastrophic. Not only did the whole T.O. drama begin, but anyone even associated with McNabb starting going down, and the Eagles (especially their wr corps) were hit with massive injuries early in the year.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

I hope they put a team picture of the San Diego Chargers on the cover of the next game.

7. The Following 6 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    Madden just needs to be on the cover from now on or retired players/Hall of Famers. It's getting ridiculous.
    Yeah, but they'll just end up blowing their ACLs when they're getting out of their cars or possibly breaking themselves by tripping and falling out of the commentary box...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, it is kind of interesting. Didnt Shaun Alexander get a bigtime injury the year he appeared on the cover? Im not a superstitious person but with how things always seem to go down you have to wonder. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I hope they put a team picture of the San Diego Chargers on the cover of the next game.
    LT actually turned them down after his MVP year in 2006. He said it wasn't because of any superstition, just he was too busy.
    Gimme some footyball, please!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

It is all superstition! BRONCOS weren't on the cover of anything and look what happened this year with the injuries and choke job at the end of the year!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mario Haggan

I think the big problem is that he picks guys after they've had an outstanding season, so it isn't that big a stretch that the next year isn't going to be as good. With some guys like ALexander he picks them after they've had a lot of abuse. IIRC he was called on to rush like 390 times that year which is a crazy amount, so falling apart after that isn't surprising.

13. The Following User High Fived Fan in Exile For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
    I think the big problem is that he picks guys after they've had an outstanding season, so it isn't that big a stretch that the next year isn't going to be as good. With some guys like ALexander he picks them after they've had a lot of abuse. IIRC he was called on to rush like 390 times that year which is a crazy amount, so falling apart after that isn't surprising.
    Madden doesn't make the choices.

Adopted Bronco:
    Andra Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    It is all superstition! BRONCOS weren't on the cover of anything and look what happened this year with the injuries and choke job at the end of the year!
    We didn't need to be on the cover we had Slowik.
    I knew a man a long long time but I never knew him at all. Small in stature, big at heart but he always stood tall. In my mind he could do no wrong misunderstood all along. He worked hard all his live to get what he had. He was a little rough around the edges simple in mind but always had a kind eye for me. I will miss you Dad.

Gem's Yardog.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived yardog For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by PatricktheDookie View Post
    Madden doesn't make the choices.
    Could of fooled me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Marshall's Backhand

Hopefully Madden puts himself on the next one and blows his vocal cords

19. The Following User High Fived JKcatch724 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PatricktheDookie View Post
    If I recall, Donovan McNabb once did Madden, Chunky Soup, and SI cover all in the same offseason. The unholy trinity of sports curses.

The result was catastrophic. Not only did the whole T.O. drama begin, but anyone even associated with McNabb starting going down, and the Eagles (especially their wr corps) were hit with massive injuries early in the year.

Catching T.O. is like catching syphilis without all the upside! This makes the mummy's curse seem like winning the lottery in comparison.
    Famous quotes by me:
    "When life gives you lemons, it's probably trying to occupy your hands so it can kick you in the nuts."
    "There is a fine line between genius and insanity... stupid has no such boundaries."

- Gimpygod | I'm famous suckers! Video proof

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information