Thread: 31 days of fright

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Default 31 days of fright

So yea, i had an idea of what it would be like to be able to be on a tv network or movie network and setup an entire month of horror movie classics. A great movie per day until the night of Halloween you could say. Its pretty much been done to a degree but those are "their" movies and im doing one of what i think are the 31 best horror/scary movies that I would play during that month.

Feel free to make your own lists or just comment on mine. Do keep in mind this is just opinion according to movies i have seen and that are more "scare based" rather than "gore based" although all will have some gore to some degree. For some of the flicks i will give a little write up as too why i like them or why they made the list. So lets begin....

Oct 1st:
    Let's Scare Jessica to Death (1971)
    - Probably the most suttle of movies to make the list but the atmosphere alone is worth the price of admission.

Oct 2nd:
    Psycho (1960)
    - Still a classic to this day.

Oct 3rd:
    When a Stranger Calls (1974)
    - Truly one of the most innovative and eerie endings i have ever seen.

Oct 4th:
    Hellraiser (1987)
    - Little bit more gore than scare in this flick but a true shocker none the less.

Oct 5th:
    Poltergeist (1982)
    - Gives one reason to hate clowns....

Oct 6th:
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
    - Another great classic, the woods scene still haunts me.

Oct 7th:
    Alien (1979)
    - While Aliens was better overall this one was far scarier in every way.

Oct 8th:
    Jaws (1975)
    - There's a reason why i dont swim in the ocean.

Oct 9th:
    Dawn of the Dead (2004)
    - Yes, i know. The original is better and a classic. However, when you make the zombies faster than yourself than it changes things dramatically.

Oct 10th:
    The Howling (1981)
    - As a werewolf fanatic most werewolf movies dont scare me. This one does.

Oct 11th:
    Audition (1999)- There is nothing more creepy than a woman who enjoys her work.

Oct 12th:
    Phantasm II (1988)
    - Im one of the few who actually enjoyed this much more than the first one. Again, more gore than scares but excellent and more than worthy for this list.

Oct 13th:
    Friday the 13th (1980)
    - Over time we've gotten used to Jason, but the script from the first one still is grand. Plus, we get to see a young Kevin Bacon die. lol

Oct 14th:
    The Thing (1982)
    - Total masterpiece and worlds better than the original. One of the best movie scores of alltime for me.

Oct 15th:
    An American Werewolf in London (1981)
    - Still one of the best werewolf transformations ever on film.

Oct 16th:
    Children of the Corn (1984)
    - When Stephen King can make your list more than a few times you know he is doing something right.

Oct 17th:
    Carrie (1976)
    - Dont know if i was with my babysitter or my mother at the time when i was taken to see this. More than likely the babsitter but seeing Sissy Spacek drenched in blood is one of the scariest scenes ever for me.

Oct 18th:
    Rosemary's Baby (1968)
    - To me more of a thriller than true horror but still very effective especially during the month of October.

Oct 19th:
    Pet Sematary (1989)
    - For anyone who has ever seen this, the ending with the little boy along with the mother is insane.

Oct 20th:
    The Omen (1976)
    - Just downright creepy.

Oct 21st:
    The Amityville Horror (1979)
    - Glowing eyes in windowpanes, blood dripping down walls? Yea, perfect recipe for horror.

Oct 22nd:
    A Nightmare on Elm St (1984)
    - Still to this day the best just because during this time Freddy wasnt a funny character.

Oct 23rd:
    The Grudge (2004)
    - While the original is equally as scary as this remake the staircase scene is fabulous and completely horrifying.

Oct 24th:
    The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005)
    - The scene in the dorm room is an instant classic and unforgettable.

Oct 25th:
    Halloween (1978)
    - What?!!! How can this not be on day 31st? I know, great movie but there is much scarier movies to be had.

Oct 26th:
    Salem's Lot (1979)
    - Vampire movies generally dont creep me out but this one with its atmosphere and vampires with silver shiney eyes is eerie.

Oct 27th:
    The Shining (1980)
    - The fact that the Stanely Hotel is truly haunted only adds to the mystique and atmosphere of this movie. Plus, Nicholson is brillant.

Oct 28th:
    Candyman (1992)
    - Bloody Mary has nothing on this guy. Great mixture of fear and gore all balled up into one.

Oct 29th:
    The Ring (2002)
    - Far superior to the japanese version. From the closet scene to the tv scene in the guy's studio this was reason enough for the wife and i too keep a light on while sleeping afterwards.

Oct 30th:
    The Exorcist (1973)
    - Probably would be top 3 for just about anybody. But the atmosphere and wonderful work by Linda Blair is superb.

Oct 31st:
    Suspiria (1977)
    - Still to this day my favorite and most frightful horror movie. Great movie score and if you think the first 10 minutes is scary than wait for the last 5.

These are movies that i have yet to see but apparently are worth watching.

The House of the Devil (2009)
    Insideous (2010)
    The Midnight Meat Train (2008)
    The Devl's Backbone (2001)
    Dont Look Now (1974)
    Paranormal Activity (series)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Candyman says "You forgot 'The Ring'"!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information