Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst TV Shows

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Default Worst TV Shows

List 'em here. Most everything my lovely Wife likes to watch counts; Desperate Housewives, Oprah. Sex in the City. Men in Trees. All awful. All painful.

Reality shows are gruesome, from "Survivor" to American Idol"

96% of Sitcoms suck, and I haven't watched one since "Friends" used to stink up the airwaves and I was dating a girl who watched it.

Please - flail away, and list all those shows that make your skin crawl.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

"17 and counting" and "John and Kate Plus 8".

My wife loves those shows, and I absolutely can't stand them.

The only reason John doesn't leave Kate is that the child-support for 8 young-un's would leave him completely broke, and right now the TLC network is paying for all these trips and "stuff" to make the show more interesting. . .

"17 and Counting" is only useful in demonstrating how nuts some extreme fundamentalists actually are. .. actually teaching their kids not to even kiss their fiancee until the wedding. . .how they ended up with 17 kids is an enigma.

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Most reality shows are brutal. Examples below.

Little People Big World - a show that follows around a family of midgets and how they cope with every day life. Big deal.

Dog the Bounty Hunter - a bunch of trailer trash rednecks hunting down low lifes. Again big deal.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    List 'em here. Most everything my lovely Wife likes to watch counts; Desperate Housewives, Oprah. Sex in the City. Men in Trees. All awful. All painful.

Reality shows are gruesome, from "Survivor" to American Idol"

96% of Sitcoms suck, and I haven't watched one since "Friends" used to stink up the airwaves and I was dating a girl who watched it.

Please - flail away, and list all those shows that make your skin crawl.
    You pretty much listed what I was thinking.

7. The Following User High Fived KCL For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Flatinum View Post

Little People Big World - a show that follows around a family of midgets and how they cope with every day life. Big deal.

Dog the Bounty Hunter - a bunch of trailer trash rednecks hunting down low lifes. Again big deal.
    Little People Big World is the only show I watch. I couldnt name another show. Midgets facinate me tohough.

Matt Roloff is a stud, and I wish I had the balls (figurativley) that he has.

You sound like my husband... I do agree with you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Claymore would make a great TV bounty hunter. I was thinking Televangelist earlier, but I can see him busting bail jumpers too. I bet he knows every skeevey dive in his part of the World.

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Extreme Makeover, Home Edition. Great idea, but not when reality hits. The peeps who have this huge home will have to now pay taxes on it. The current mortgage is paid for, but now they have to pay for this new home. When they do the touchy-feely clips, they manipulate the feelings of the TV viewers. The last one I watched (a couple of years ago, and only briefly), the family consisted of a child with Aspergers. They made it to sound like some tragedy, when in reality, it's not.
    This space available for lease.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Good topic Dread. You want an honest answer? I think most everything on TV is trash. I'll watch the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel. That is about it. I think the George Lopez show is funny, but it can definitely be trashy and inappropriate for people who aren't adults.

After breakfast and laundry this morning, I skimmed through Bravo and saw that there is some show called "Housewives of Orange County" or something like that which basically makes women look and act like sluts to get money from rich millionaires and stuff like that. It is just ridiculous. It sends the wrong message to not only women, but men as well - who think that they have to buy into that sort of stuff.

It is just ludicrious. I used to question why some families and people monitored (I thought excessively) what their children were exposed to, but now I am starting to get it. I think shows like Spongebob and others are largely unacceptable as well.

I don't know if I'll ever have kids (hope to) -- and I don't want to be an overprotective parent, but God -- television is trash. There is a reason that I honestly don't watch more than an hour or two a week (outside football) of it. Just bogus, terrible and definitely sends horrid messages to people.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

OK, you hit the "other nights" of TLC and A&E.

Anything on TLC is trash. If I could pick and choose channels I'd just have that one (among many others) turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Good topic Dread. You want an honest answer? I think most everything on TV is trash. I'll watch the Discovery Channel, History Channel, Food Network and Travel Channel. That is about it. I think the George Lopez show is funny, but it can definitely be trashy and inappropriate for people who aren't adults.

After breakfast and laundry this morning, I skimmed through Bravo and saw that there is some show called "Housewives of Orange County" or something like that which basically makes women look and act like sluts to get money from rich millionaires and stuff like that. It is just ridiculous. It sends the wrong message to not only women, but men as well - who think that they have to buy into that sort of stuff.

It is just ludicrious. I used to question why some families and people monitored (I thought excessively) what their children were exposed to, but now I am starting to get it. I think shows like Spongebob and others are largely unacceptable as well.

I don't know if I'll ever have kids (hope to) -- and I don't want to be an overprotective parent, but God -- television is trash. There is a reason that I honestly don't watch more than an hour or two a week (outside football) of it. Just bogus, terrible and definitely sends horrid messages to people.
    That Housewives show really presses my ick button. Big Brother is another really stupid one.

Of the modern cartoon series that are out there, Spongebob is one of the tamest. The prime-time cartoons are banned in my house - Family Guy, King of the Hill, Simpsons.
    This space available for lease.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Oh, I love King of the Hill (It's kind of the show we watch at Harpoon Mansion -- my friends place, but my true home in Fargo.) -- but yeah, understandable why you'd ban those for sure.

Any show on VH1.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Any show on VH1.
    I would have agreed until Celebrity Rehab came out. That one is probably great for any teenager to see the REAL effects of drugs.

Of course, they do it a great disservice by running it right next to "Rock of Love" and all the ROL off-shoots. Those shows make you dumber at a geometric rate.

21. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

This all brought an interesting thought to me. Can anyone name a hot steamy scene in any movie or TV show that involved a couple married to each other? I would have less problem with my kid seeing that than with her constantly exposed to depictions of infidelity or unmarried sex. Its the context, and not the content itself I find so often objectionable.

23. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information