Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Watchmen

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ironically ive never read or even heard of the Watchmen before now. Even when the first trailer came out i was excited but not quite as excited until i saw the 2nd trailer (the one with the song from Muse in it). I downloaded it and burned it to a DVD-R. Just something about the way they did that particular trailer sold me on this movie bigtime. And with Rorschach being one of the main focuses he just sounds like a no nonsense kind of character. I like that.
    Both those trailers were great (the Smashing Pumpkins teaser and the Muse one), and thats pretty impressive that they lured you in without ever reading the graphic novel.

I first read it in 1989 (right after the Batman movie came out because Alan Moore did the 'Killing Joke') and it was the best thing I had read at that point. I was only 11, and my mind was blown. I re-read it at least once every couple of years and still find little nuances. I'm sure the movie will be fine, but I must remember that its an adaptation and not to expect the same level of detail. Not much longer now!

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Both those trailers were great (the Smashing Pumpkins teaser and the Muse one), and thats pretty impressive that they lured you in without ever reading the graphic novel.

I first read it in 1989 (right after the Batman movie came out because Alan Moore did the 'Killing Joke') and it was the best thing I had read at that point. I was only 11, and my mind was blown. I re-read it at least once every couple of years and still find little nuances. I'm sure the movie will be fine, but I must remember that its an adaptation and not to expect the same level of detail. Not much longer now!
    I haven't read the graphic novel either and I'm stoked. I like graphic novels, just don't get a chance to read them much.

But I really like the movies that have been done off graphic novels like 300, Sin City, etc. I'm seeing Watchmen tomorrow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Zweems56 View Post
    Don't go in expecting it to be action packed. Its EXTREMELY faithful to the graphic novel. Its very storyline/plot driven and gives you tons of background on characters.
    Im fine with that because the one angle that i like about this compared to the Spiderman's and Batman's is that it seems to show a more human side to the heroes and a much more down to earth reaction from the citizens rather than "oh spidey! i love you" type of ordeal. In that 2nd trailer when Rorschach says "They will cry please save us and i will whisper..... NO" is just classic to me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    I haven't read the graphic novel either and I'm stoked. I like graphic novels, just don't get a chance to read them much.

But I really like the movies that have been done off graphic novels like 300, Sin City, etc. I'm seeing Watchmen tomorrow.
    Indeed, 300 and Sin City were great. Even The Crow is still one of my favorites to this day.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Tommy Nalen

Im fine with that because the one angle that i like about this compared to the Spiderman's and Batman's is that it seems to show a more human side to the heroes and a much more down to earth reaction from the citizens rather than "oh spidey! i love you" type of ordeal. In that 2nd trailer when Rorschach says "They will cry please save us and i will whisper..... NO" is just classic to me.
    A.) You'll love it
    B.) The quote is much longer, and its first page material from the graphic novel. Great quote. They actually do it word for word in the movie. I was very HAPPILY surprised at how true they stayed, even in dialogue.

SHORYUKEN!

8. The Following User High Fived Zweems56 For This Post:

I have never heard of it before, and i cant see the link. Whats it about?

Obviously it sounds like one of the comic book movies- batman, spiderman, superman- but thats about all i can deduce.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Indeed, 300 and Sin City were great. Even The Crow is still one of my favorites to this day.
    Watchmen was called by Alan Moore "unfilmable", but so far the reviews have been good. Ebert loved it, so I'm pretty stoked!

One of the better graphic novel conversions in recent memory was V for Vendetta. That was a great book, and they really caught the essence of it even though it was condensed.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I have never heard of it before, and i cant see the link. Whats it about?

Obviously it sounds like one of the comic book movies- batman, spiderman, superman- but thats about all i can deduce.
    Its a movie set in an alternate 1985 were Nixon is still president and the "costumed superheroes" have been outlawed. When one of them gets killed, they come back together to find out who's after them. From there it peels back like an onion, layer by layer.

Heres a pretty good chapter by chapter summary for those who haven't read it:
    http://www.watchmencomicmovie.com./w...ot-summary.php

13. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

I read it, and it makes me excited to both read the series and see the movie.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

Worst movie I've EVER seen in a theater...EVER. People actually left half way thru and a bunch of kids spent half the movie PMing. My wife kept falling asleep.

Some of the action/fights were cool and the ending was solid...but only after 2.5 hours of my life were wasted.

16. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by SmilinAssasSin27 View Post
    Worst movie I've EVER seen in a theater...EVER. People actually left half way thru and a bunch of kids spent half the movie PMing. My wife kept falling asleep.

Some of the action/fights were cool and the ending was solid...but only after 2.5 hours of my life were wasted.
    Went with 4 friends last night. 2 of us loved it, one HATED it, and I liked it just fine. I'd give it an 8/10.

18. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Went with 4 friends last night. 2 of us loved it, one HATED it, and I liked it just fine. I'd give it an 8/10.
    Now, thats more like it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Now, thats more like it.
    Its a polarizing movie, like Clockwork Orange or Blade Runner. Its really mood dependent. Even my friend who hated it had mostly good things to say about it, and even wants to see it again because he can't stop thinking about it. What a weirdo!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Its a polarizing movie, like Clockwork Orange or Blade Runner. Its really mood dependent. Even my friend who hated it had mostly good things to say about it, and even wants to see it again because he can't stop thinking about it. What a weirdo!
    I understand your friend as that is how i have been with that damn trailer. But i love Clockwork and Blade Runner so i think i will be pretty happy with this overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Malik Jackson

I could agree with that, but still think the acting and some of the writing was so bad that it hurt the overall message it was trying to send.

23. The Following User High Fived SmilinAssasSin27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information