Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Good KOA interview with Tebow - worth listening to - addresses criticism, week of practice, etc

Default Good KOA interview with Tebow - worth listening to - addresses criticism, week of practice, etc

Good interview, worth taking a few minutes to listen:

http://www.broncosradionetwork.com/p...l&mid=21561431

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Kid continues to be positive, lets hope he can prove on the field come Sunday.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Kid continues to be positive, lets hope he can prove on the field come Sunday.
    IMO, he's running out of time. While I think there is nothing to be gained by playing Quinn or Orton this season, if he has another game or two as bad as his first two, I would expect Fox to pull the plug on this experiment.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    IMO, he's running out of time. While I think there is nothing to be gained by playing Quinn or Orton this season, if he has another game or two as bad as his first two, I would expect Fox to pull the plug on this experiment.
    Your probably spot on T, I would say that this week is crucial. My opinion at least or what I believe is that if he looks like he did the last two games then he's done, there will be no fourth week and the experiment is over in Denver. If he looks bad and wins, Fox might hesitate...if he looks good and loses, Fox will continue to play him for another week and see if he can continue. Either way, as I posted in another thread, I think the Tebow issue is coming to a head.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think he gets at least one game beyond this. It just depends on how he plays. If he plays the same or better i think he gets another week. If he plays worse than i can see them just pulling the plug on him for now.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I expect the same thing T, but I don't think that would be the right move. We ARE NOT going to win shit this year unless somehow Tim comes around an improves to the point where he can carry the rest of our deficiencies.

I think Tim should be afforded the rest of the year, why not? Does it really matter if Orton or Quinn wins us a game or two more?

I don't think so. Commit to Tebow, make him work harder than he ever has in his life. If he gets better, great.

I just don't see a positive to putting him back on the bench this season. Maybe someone can tell me what the positive would be?

10. The Following 8 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I expect the same thing T, but I don't think that would be the right move. We ARE NOT going to win shit this year unless somehow Tim comes around an improves to the point where he can carry the rest of our deficiencies.

I think Tim should be afforded the rest of the year, why not? Does it really matter if Orton or Quinn wins us a game or two more?

I don't think so. Commit to Tebow, make him work harder than he ever has in his life. If he gets better, great.

I just don't see a positive to putting him back on the bench this season. Maybe someone can tell me what the positive would be?
    No, but Fox is probably losing the locker room, he can not continue with an experiment that doesn't in fact give the team the best chance to win. He can not afford to do it, and what free agents will want to come here if we're not even trying to win? It would be different if he was playing like Newton, Dalton or Ponder, but it's not even close. Jimmy Clausen looks like a franchise quarterback in comparison.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Agreed 100%. There is no good reason not to play him. Neither Orton or Quinn are long term answers. Personally, the only reason I could see benching him would be to see what they had in Weber, but as a rookie, practice squad guy, there really isn't a lot of reason to do that.

If I was in charge, I would have committed from the moment I went to him that he would start the final 11 games, and at the end of that decide if he was the long term answer or if we were drafting a QB.

Also, as to benching him. Unless he plays REALLY bad against Oakland, changing for the Jets game is probably unlikely, because of the short week. If they are going to change QBs, especially if it's going to Quinn, then the extra time after the Jets game makes the most sense.

14. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    No, but Fox is probably losing the locker room, he can not continue with an experiment that doesn't in fact give the team the best chance to win. He can not afford to do it, and what free agents will want to come here if we're not even trying to win? It would be different if he was playing like Newton, Dalton or Ponder, but it's not even close. Jimmy Clausen looks like a franchise quarterback in comparison.
    The team is 2-5, 1-1 with Tebow, and 8-25 in the last 33. They traded away arguably their best receiver, and have one of (if not the) youngest O-line in the NFL, one of the youngest receiving corps.

Nothing really gives this team the "best chance to win" right now. Do you honestly think having the team go 2-7 or 3-6 down the stretch with Orton, and then have him leave as a free agent is going to make Denver more attractive to free agents than playing Tebow to see whether or not he can make it as a starter?

Free agents join teams for one of two reasons. First, the team is the highest bidder. Second, the team is among the highest bidders AND the FA believes the team can be a Super Bowl contender.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Win wise? No

But, i think the general idea when playing a young QB is making sure they are progressing as the year goes along. If he doesnt improve in this game by a big margin than i can understand the coaches just saying to themselves he needs more time to sit and learn. If Tim was improving than i would say give him the rest of the year but simply putting a guy out there who isnt progressing doesnt make a lot of sense and will only frustrate fans more.

Keeping fans interested.

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Win wise? No

But, i think the general idea when playing a young QB is making sure they are progressing as the year goes along. If he doesnt improve in this game by a big margin than i can understand the coaches just saying to themselves he needs more time to sit and learn. If Tim was improving than i would say give him the rest of the year but simply putting a guy out there who isnt progressing doesnt make a lot of sense and will only frustrate fans more.

Keeping fans interested.
    How interested were they with Orton at QB? I think there were 6,000 no shows for the Cincy game, and there were screams for Tebow. Granted, many of those fickle fans have quickly turned on Tebow and now hate him, but that doesn't change the fact that there is no reason that Orton is going to be much better than he was the first two years worth of starts in Denver, and that won't create much fan interest.

I just don't see it.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

I would think if TT is benched, it will then be Quinn, to see what he can do. I am thinking this way because I would believe it is 99.9% sure that Orton will not be here next year, unless he is assured that he will be the starter, which I can't see happening, with Orton being benched this year. With that in mind, that leaves Quinn and TT. If TT improves, then he will be the starter, and Quinn may be the backup, if he agrees to that. If TT does not pan out this year, they can try to trade him, or keep him, with the thought that he will be the backup starting out next year. If TT does not improve, or does not show promise, that would mean that the Broncos would have to draft two QB's, if both Quinn and Orton leave, and that would be tough, as there are many other needs that need to be addressed.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

22. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Granted, many of those fickle fans have quickly turned on Tebow and now hate him,
    And thats just it. They would hate Orton in there as well but its the nature of the beast. I dont think many fans really expected Tebow to be this BAD going forward especially the way he played last year. I think many including myself thought Tebow would play much better than he has at this point and while i didnt expect many wins i did expect to see a much more improved player all around compared to Orton. Now, im not saying that Quinn would be much better either but i just dont think fans are going to watch a guy keep overthrowing wide open receivers for the rest of the year. If that happens i expect the stadium to be quite empty by the end of the year. At this point i think they would rather watch a guy who can at the very least make simple passes even if it means sitting through Orton the remainder of the year.

24. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    I would think if TT is benched, it will then be Quinn, to see what he can do. I am thinking this way because I would believe it is 99.9% sure that Orton will not be here next year, unless he is assured that he will be the starter, which I can't see happening, with Orton being benched this year. With that in mind, that leaves Quinn and TT. If TT improves, then he will be the starter, and Quinn may be the backup, if he agrees to that. If TT does not pan out this year, they can try to trade him, or keep him, with the thought that he will be the backup starting out next year. If TT does not improve, or does not show promise, that would mean that the Broncos would have to draft two QB's, if both Quinn and Orton leave, and that would be tough, as there are many other needs that need to be addressed.
    I think this about sums it up. I don't think they would draft two QBs, however, but instead, assuming Quinn didn't want to sign as the veteran/backup role, then I think they would get one in free agency. There are usually several journeyman type QBs floating around each offseason. I'm not sure who's going to be a free agent this year, but that's what I would expect.

And thats just it. They would hate Orton in there as well but its the nature of the beast. I dont think many fans really expected Tebow to be this BAD going forward especially the way he played last year. I think many including myself thought Tebow would play much better than he has at this point and while i didnt expect many wins i did expect to see a much more improved player all around compared to Orton. Now, im not saying that Quinn would be much better either but i just dont think fans are going to watch a guy keep overthrowing wide open receivers for the rest of the year. If that happens i expect the stadium to be quite empty by the end of the year. At this point i think they would rather watch a guy who can at the very least make simple passes even if it means sitting through Orton the remainder of the year.
    You might be right in terms of the fans. Speaking for myself, I was among the people from the start of the season saying that I would rather struggle all year and both give Tebow a chance to develop and the team a full season to evaluate him, then watch the team win 4-6 games with Orton. Now, I also said (kind of riding the fence, I know) that if Fox and company really believed they could compete for the AFC West title that it made sense to start Orton.

As to how he's played, he certainly has been much worse than I expected. I didn't necessarily expect him to be better than Orton. I expected the passing game to be better in some areas (as the albatross post Tned's Take: Passing game with Tebow will be better than with Orton stated), but I figured that he would likely be a 50-55% passer initially and make plenty of mistakes.

The problem is that he isn't playing anywhere near as good as he did in the three starts last year, and those starts weren't great. The regression was a total surprise to me, even with the comments from reporters about how inaccurate he'd been in camp/practice.

Still, IMO, unless they see Quinn as a viable starter going forward and are prepared to extend him a 'starting QB' contract, I think it's short sighted to start Quinn to try and pacify the fans. They need to use this time to develop and evaluate their young players, which includes Tebow.

26. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

The team is 2-5, 1-1 with Tebow, and 8-25 in the last 33. They traded away arguably their best receiver, and have one of (if not the) youngest O-line in the NFL, one of the youngest receiving corps.

Nothing really gives this team the "best chance to win" right now. Do you honestly think having the team go 2-7 or 3-6 down the stretch with Orton, and then have him leave as a free agent is going to make Denver more attractive to free agents than playing Tebow to see whether or not he can make it as a starter?

Free agents join teams for one of two reasons. First, the team is the highest bidder. Second, the team is among the highest bidders AND the FA believes the team can be a Super Bowl contender.
    What you believe and what the players believe can be drastically different. If they feel Tebow is nothing but a poor experiment and really not improving the overall ability of the team, then they'll have issues...whether they air it or not.

And free agents do take notice of more then money, if a good free agent goes to a team he'll look at the win-loss record, what sort of improvements they're making to be successful if they are not at that time. Look at Oakland, name a good free agent they've signed in the last decade other then there own? And now there becoming a hot spot...remember when we use to laugh because the types they did sign? Now look at what we're becoming, do you really think free agents are going to be interested in a team that isn't doing whatever it can to win? Not to mention that those already on the roster are looking at it the same way.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information