Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is our OL the worst in NFL?

Default Is our OL the worst in NFL?

It seems like all year long other teams defenses are getting into our backfield extremely quick, whether it was Kyle Orton or Tim Tebow. I for one though TT would be doing alot better because of his scrambling ability but defenses are getting to him rather quick. I think it's been 12 sacks in 2 games now?

Clady has been solid in years past but hasnt really seemed to be back to Pro Bowl form since he got injured. The rest of the guys, even Kuper seem to get blown up, ALOT! Orlando Franklin has shown flashes at times but most of the time he looks horrible.

I used to think the Bears had the worst OL but now I'm thinking it's the Broncos.

Thoughts???
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

they mostly suck. . . i don't know if i'd call them worse than chicago's OL-- don't know if i much care exactly where we "rank," either. . . if someone else is worse, it doesn't help us on the field any. . .

it's not good, that's for sure. . . at least the run blocking has shown some signs of improvement, but overall it's not an effective unit. . . i do think we could see significant progress next year if we get a legit RT and kick franklin inside, because the young guys are getting more valuable experience this year, and should actually be able to carry some cohesion into next season assuming we retain most or all of them. . . which we should. . . draft a RT, and bring in a vet to compete with walton, and that leaves beadles as an experienced swing OL off the bench. . . not our worst situation IMO, despite this year's poor showing. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Hell no, Chicago is by far the worst. Miami is pretty bad too.

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    they mostly suck. . . i don't know if i'd call them worse than chicago's OL-- don't know if i much care exactly where we "rank," either. . . if someone else is worse, it doesn't help us on the field any. . .

it's not good, that's for sure. . . at least the run blocking has shown some signs of improvement, but overall it's not an effective unit. . . i do think we could see significant progress next year if we get a legit RT and kick franklin inside, because the young guys are getting more valuable experience this year, and should actually be able to carry some cohesion into next season assuming we retain most or all of them. . . which we should. . . draft a RT, and bring in a vet to compete with walton, and that leaves beadles as an experienced swing OL off the bench. . . not our worst situation IMO, despite this year's poor showing. . .
    I credit McGahee to our running game looking better. Why have Moreno and Ball looked like scrubs with the same OL and same system when given the chance?

Seems like we have used a buttload of picks on the OL within the last few years and none of them are any better than Ryan Harris was. At least when Harris was healthy, which seemed like never, he held his own. The noobs just look lost at times.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Hell no, Chicago is by far the worst. Miami is pretty bad too.
    Chitowns OL is pretty terrible but ours doesnt look any better.

To be fair, half of TTs sacks was his own fault from holding the ball too long.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Why have Moreno and Ball looked like scrubs with the same OL and same system when given the chance?
    because they ARE scrubs. . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Denver has some good talent at OL, but an OL needs the proper mix of young talent plus guiding experience for cohesion. Hamilton and Wiegmann, as old as they were, played a huge role in stabiilizing the OL to make it one of the best of 2008. That experience and leadership isn't easy to replace, and the young guys now will just have to make their own mistakes.

The strength of the Bears' OL is size; their weakness is lateral movement, specially at LT. Now, though, they just use more blockers to hide their deficiencies, and call less and less empty backfield, deep drops, or long developing plays.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Combo of mediocre o line and bad qb play

11. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Combo of mediocre o line and bad qb play
    and really predictable play-calling. . .
    - John Elway

13. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

No, not even close...there are issues with the offensive line, but they can be relatively fixed easily. A big problem is the blocking scheme, before Tebow was put in the starting lineup the offense was closer to man-to-man blocking or power then a zone, and they started to look better, then suddenly Denver with Tebow because of whatever reason we're back to using zone more often with power, about 50/50 or 40/60, that doesn't work well. Franklin, Beadles, Walton have proven to struggle with more zone, while Clady is solid in either, but a better zone blocker just like Kuper. They're all over the F'n place, and the coaches don't seem to have a clue.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

15. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Pittsburgh and Philly's line are pretty god awful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Franklin is doing horrible is pass protection overall, but hes shown flashes this season, like not giving up a sack to Clay Matthews. In the run game hes been great, but hes probably a LG next season.

Beadles sucks, except when pulling. Hes got the feet, but he makes too many mistakes. Hes not great at the point of attack and is the worst overall lineman of the starting five. Hes young and might improve, but I think he'll ever be good enough.

Walton has surprised me. Hes had a very solid season thus far. Hes a good run blocker and decent in the pass game. Hes been making his share of mistakes like Beadles, but hes at least contributing in the run game and has improved his footwork in the passing game.

Clady/Kuper are both excellent players.

The OL's run blocking has improved tons this season, but the pass protection is about the same. Still, I think this group is soild/average overall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

I think with better coaching, and a different scheme the players can be salvaged and even excell.

Our whole offensive philosophy and staff needs to be re-evaluated in the offseason.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

19. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

The OL may not be the worst in the league....but it's knocking at the door trying to be.
    Thanks Shake!

21. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    and really predictable play-calling. . .
    Its funny when people say this. Especially when our tv's dont show the entire field and mainly follow the ball from snap to whistle.

As for playcalling, there more to it than just run left/run right or pass.

C'mon people......you know only what your TV-eyes allow you to see.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information