Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: So why did we trade Brandon Lloyd?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default So why did we trade Brandon Lloyd?

I don't really understand.

Why not? He wanted a big contract extension that we weren't going to give him. The team is out of any kind of playoff hopes, and instead of letting him walk for nothing, we got what we could.

Plus, he probably was vocal in the locker room about the move to Tebow from Orton...... and we can now see why.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

3. The Following 15 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

The coaching staff couldn't see him.

5. The Following 9 Users High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    I don't really understand.
    he supposedly demanded a trade. I think his true personality came out... you know, the one that he had in San Fancisco.

yes I know Orton also demanded a trade... but if we only got a 5th for Lloyd, what you think we would have received for Orton?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

He was a lockeroom liability and he wanted more then they offered and was going to be gone.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Because talented offensive players have no place in this organization.

Lloyd was a veteran player who was in the last year of his contract and the Broncos were officially announced to the world "we're a rebuilding team" when they went to Tim Tebow. He wants to play for a team that HAS a QB to throw him the ball.

Talks about a contract extension between Lloyd and the Broncos broke down over Lloyd's contract demands to be paid like a #1 WR -- which he is.

He has 12 catches in his first 2 games and a TD so he will easily earn the Broncos that 5th round pick instead of running routes and watching Tebow throw the ball 10 feet over his head for 9 more games and then watching him walk away in FA.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quan Cosby

because he sucks

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Lloyd was a veteran player who was in the last year of his contract and the Broncos were officially announced to the world "we're a rebuilding team" when they went to Tim Tebow. He wants to play for a team that HAS a QB to throw him the ball.

Talks about a contract extension between Lloyd and the Broncos broke down over Lloyd's contract demands to be paid like a #1 WR -- which he is.

He has 12 catches in his first 2 games and a TD so he will easily earn the Broncos that 5th round pick instead of running routes and watching Tebow throw the ball 10 feet over his head for 9 more games and then watching him walk away in FA.
    Lets hope that 5th becomes another T. Davis.

Lloyd came back down to reality in a hurry.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

14. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

He realized he was playing for a directionless organization in Denver and wanted no part of it. Trade demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

I'm sure you just accidentally left out the part about him requesting the trade a couple weeks before Tebow was named the starter and that he said his main issue was Fox's conservative gameplan which was not featuring the passing game, or him, like he would like.

17. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

So he is in his contract year, and he would dog it if he wasn't traded (so his numbers would look like crap in his contract year?) Logic doesn't enter into this situation.

Lloyd was a one year wonder who wasn't going to re-sign with us for what we would be willing to pay him. Instead of losing him for nothing at the end of the year, we did the smart thing by getting some value for him.

We have several more important needs than WR. We can worry about signing a Brandon Lloyd when we fix the more important aspects of our team, like the QB position, lines and secondary. Our picks and money have to go to those areas right now.

I really don't think this FO has been doing nearly as bad a job as people say. Aside from retaining McCoy and not drafting a DT, I have no gripes with EFX. The only member of the FO that I don't like is Xanders, but unlike with McD, we have Fox who actually knows how to build a stable team. Xanders just has to handle contracts which he seems to do fine. Some of our draft picks (Moore) haven't looked too good so far, but they were all appropriate picks at the time. Unlike with McD, there were very few reaches.

Once we get a real OC and a franchise QB, I'll be satisfied with the direction of this team.

20. The Following 5 Users High Fived I Eat Staples For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    So he is in his contract year, and he would dog it if he wasn't traded (so his numbers would look like crap in his contract year?) Logic doesn't enter into this situation.
    I don't think anyone thinks he would "dog it." Lloyd knew that Tebow couldn't throw, Fox wasn't throwing the ball enough to begin with, and Lloyd is looking for a BIG contract extension at the end of the year... so his stats need to be higher. Denver wasn't going to give him that contract extension, and Lloyd was pretty vocal in the locker room about not liking the switch to Tebow.

So we have a player mouthing off about not liking the switch to a worse passer than Orton becuase it doesn't help his stats... playing for a team that knew they weren't going to sign him long-term anyway. He played WAYYY over his head for a single season, and is hoping to cash in on that. INstead of listening to his complaints for the rest of the year, and possibly hear him say something public to the media about his complaints... they traded him while they could and at least get something for him.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information