Thread: Bleak Draft Positioning

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bleak Draft Positioning

I was just looking at the standings, and I was surprised to find that as crappy as this team is, we are only tied for the 8th worst winning percentage in the league.

When you look at the teams that are ahead of us right now, I could see Luck, Jones, and possibly even Barkley all being gone before we even got a chance to pick if the draft were held today.

That would leave us getting a middle of the road, Blaine Gabbert type prospect...I really don't like the sound of that.

Of course, you could always package picks to move up, but for as many holes that this team has, it would not be ideal to have to give up picks to move up.

If Tebow doesn't pan out (and all indications so far is that the deck is heavily stacked against that) this probably couldn't be a worse year to hope to get a top tier QB prospect in the draft, as I think the lack of training camp has widened the gap between the haves and the have-nots, as there seems to be no parody in the NFL this year.

I guess what I'm getting at is that as crappy as this team is, there have been at least 5 teams that have been worse thus far, and many of them could be looking to upgrade at QB just as we might be....

I know this is supposedly a deep QB draft class, but historically speaking, after the first 2 or 3 guys are taken, the odds of you landing a franchise QB diminish greatly.

If Tebow continues to stink it up, we may have to sign a stop gap guy for one more year or even go with Tebow another year and just use the picks on other needs. EFX has to score on whatever QB they decide to draft, and if they can't get him this year, it might not be worth risking the picking on a guy youre not very high on just for the sake of getting new QB.
    Last edited by vandammage13; 10-31-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information