Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bleak Draft Positioning

I'm sold on Luck and RG3 and Jones has looked a lot better this year not sold on him just yet.

Man oh man what RG3 would do on Jones's team though.

2. The Following User High Fived Nick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    There were people that said the same about Christian Ponder.
    I was not one of them. Ponder looked really good during his pro-days. Once he had surgery on that shoulder and got an OK from the medical report you had to like his chances.

I expect him to be a very good QB in the NFL before too long. He has the ability to make all the throws.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I do too. I really do. what a fluke that Miami win was.
    No shit! All the defender had to do was wait for the ball to travel 10 yards on the onside kick THEN catch it instead of coming UP to FIVE yards where he's totally surrounded by Denver players.

One of those players was going to touch the ball before it traveled 10 yards and Miami was going to get the ball back and run out the clock.

Same with the strip of the ball in overtime. Guy should know to hold the ball with both hands in that situation.

Then there was the idiot decision to go for 2. I said right there "oh, God! They just blew it!" I had the strangest feeling that that extra point would wind up costing them the game.

It seemed strange at the time with Miami up by 15, but that's exactly how it turned out too.

I think we get the 3rd pick overall and out front office ****s it up and draft a tight end that was projected to be picked in the 5th round. They have to stay the course

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I think everybody misses it because they never look outside the Broncos forum, but here's a LONG discussion of handicapping the "Suck for Luck" Sweepstakes:

Hoptard's latest post is worth quoting in case you missed it:
    THE FRONTRUNNERS

(0-8) Indianapolis Colts 3:1

With a combined score of 89-17 in their last two games plus the strength of schedule advantage, the Colts would appear to be in the driver's seat right now. They clearly have no will to win at all. They still have to survive two games against Jacksonville and one against Carolina.

(0-7) Miami Dolphins 4:1

Poor saps. They've stepped up with a total river of suckage, and it still may not be good for better than second place. They certainly don't have any more talent than Indy, but they at least have a bit of heart left. Their last two losses have been by a combined total of six points-- Indy's last two have been by more than sixty. If the Fish keep playing hard, they might even accidentally squeeze out a win against the likes of Washington or KC. I won't hold my breath, though. In any case, this thing would seem to be pretty much down to a two-horse race short of the Rams getting the pick and trading it.

THE FIELD

(2-5) Denver Broncos 20:1

Outside of those two top contenders, we need him worse than anyone. At least the Jags and Vikes have young guys to develop. We look like we'll be within striking range-- it's a long shot, but if any team were to sell the farm for Luck, I think it would probably be us.

(2-6) Minnesota Vikings and (2-6) Jacksonville Jaguars 25:1

Barring any unlikely crazy winning streaks from Miami or Indy, these guys are looking more like also-rans every week. Especially with Ponder looking pretty good.

(2-5) Seattle Seahawks 35:1

They're bad enough to hang around and keep the favorites on their toes, but probably not more dangerous than that at this point. Those early wins in the bank coupled with a cake-soft schedule crippled their chances out of the gate. They're sucking for Barkley, pencil it in.

DARKHORSES

(3-4) Cleveland Browns 100:1

(2-6) Arizona Cardinals 125:1

(3-4) Washington Redskins 175:1

(1-7) St. Louis Rams 200:1

I would argue that IF the Rams got the top pick they would trade Bradford and take Luck.

Why not? Luck would cost them about $25 million less for one thing and he's a better prospect.

If you believe Luck is the next John Elway would you pass him up and then watch him lead some other team to the SB on TV?

That said, I doubt they get the chance. Dolphins and Colts look to be both going 0-16 or 1-15. Probably one of those teams will lose out and it's looking like the Colts baring a miracle turn-around.

I don't think they WANT to win at all. They've totally given up all hope and are just playing out the season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Last year was a better quarterback draft then people want to admit, Ponder, Newton and Dalton all look like the real deal. I think Jake Locker will be solid once he starts. Gabbert I think would have done well had he been drafted by a team with a better offensive foundation, but I think he's struggling with a team who's offense is not the ideal fit for his abilities. If Jacksonville and Denver traded, Tebow for Gabbert straight up, both quarterbacks and teams would benefit from the trade. Tebow is a better fit for their offense and Gabbert is a better fit for our offense.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

But Lancane, NEXT year is being likened to the QB class of 1983 with Elway, Marino and Jim Kelly.

We all know about Luck and Barkley but there are several other good QBs in the mix. Denver can draft a good one if they draft in the top 5.

And to do that all they have to do is keep playing Tebow!

10. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post

They could play either QB...Orton or Quinn and get the same results. Possibly Webber is the unknown now, but Tebow will get his 9 games.

Pretty much the BRONCOS as of now, don't have any good QBs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

My take is that if Tebow can't handle the job. You mortgage THIS UPCOMING draft and take luck. Then use the next few to shore it all up. It would be worth it IMO.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    But Lancane, NEXT year is being likened to the QB class of 1983 with Elway, Marino and Jim Kelly.

We all know about Luck and Barkley but there are several other good QBs in the mix. Denver can draft a good one if they draft in the top 5.

Oh, I completely agree with you Cugel, I just find it ironic that Denver drafted Tebow who is a better fit for Jacksonville's offense (where he'd be more beloved) and they drafted Gabbert who is a better fit for our offense and both look like utter horseshit with the teams that drafted them.

As for the 2012 Draft, depending on who declares for the draft because of the number of teams in need of a quarterback, that it could well turn out to be the best class since the 83' draft. But right now it's a guessing game regarding who will declare.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    My take is that if Tebow can't handle the job. You mortgage THIS UPCOMING draft and take luck. Then use the next few to shore it all up. It would be worth it IMO.
    No one will sell.....I guarantee.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    No one will sell.....I guarantee.
    One can hope brother....one can hope.

If we packaged our whole draft....Orton and Tebow/Quinn....someone would bite.
    Thanks Shake!

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Sorry...but you dont give up 63 points and lose every game because ONE aspect of your team's game is suffering. They are going to need a lot more than Luck to get back to prominence.
    Exactly. Manning is a big part of their problem, but Caldwell is an absolutely terrible coach. The second Dungy retired, Peyton Manning became the QB, HC, O-coordinator, and basically the head honcho around there.

Losing Manning meant they had no shot at the playoffs, but Caldwell's coaching has them headed for 0-16.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

17. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    One can hope brother....one can hope.

If we packaged our whole draft....Orton and Tebow/Quinn....someone would bite.
    You'd need alot more than a Herschel Walker or Ricky Williams trade to get a deal done!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information