Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleak Draft Positioning

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    In a sense we blew it by winning in Miami. I still think Denver is the worst team in the league. It's clear they probably need to go the Vikings route now. Fill every other hole you can outside of QB and become a destination where free agents want to come. Become a place where you are a "QB away" from real success.

Luck is out--just plan on many years of futility.
    I do too. I really do. what a fluke that Miami win was.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I do too. I really do. what a fluke that Miami win was.
    Guys...we are bad...really bad, but if you think we are the worst team in the league then you obviously haven't seen Indy play this year.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    Guys...we are bad...really bad, but if you think we are the worst team in the league then you obviously haven't seen Indy play this year.
    Van, this is the worst stretch for the Broncos since before John Ralston coached this team in the early 70's (think about that), so for some of us, no matter the record we are the worst team in the league despite the rest.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by vandammage13 View Post
    I've got to consider that. I haven't seen Indy or Minnesota really. It's difficult to imagine though. I would say that any team in the league would have at least a decent shot in beating us

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Van, this is the worst stretch for the Broncos since before John Ralston coached this team in the early 70's (think about that), so for some of us, no matter the record we are the worst team in the league despite the rest.
    I understand that, but it still doesn't make it so...

Fandom can make you think things are worse than they are or better than they are, but fact of the matter is things could be worse...much worse.

I remember that same team that schellacked us yesterday was the same team that went 0-16 and had their QB running out of the back of the endzone for a safety on a passing play just a few years ago...

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Jones looked really good this week, RGIII looked decent against a real team. Barkley was on same page as RGIII.

9. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I've got to consider that. I haven't seen Indy or Minnesota really. It's difficult to imagine though. I would say that any team in the league would have at least a decent shot in beating us
    If Manning's career really is over, Indy may just barely be worse than Denver. If Manning recovers and he's back next season, they were only temporarily the worst--just long enough to secure another 15 years of success with Luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    If Manning's career really is over, Indy may just barely be worse than Denver. If Manning recovers and he's back next season, they were only temporarily the worst--just long enough to secure another 15 years of success with Luck.
    Sorry...but you dont give up 63 points and lose every game because ONE aspect of your team's game is suffering. They are going to need a lot more than Luck to get back to prominence.

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Jones looked really good this week, RGIII looked decent against a real team. Barkley was on same page as RGIII.
    Considering the circumstances, I think RGIII and Barkley looked really good.

Jones was exceptional...but I think K State was severely overrated.

How about Case Keenum. I dont care if it was Rice...534 yards and 9 TD's is kicking ass.

14. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

NDS - 2011 4th Quarter NFL Draft Quarterback Rankings

1. Andrew Luck - Stanford (Top 3 Pick)
    2. Matt Barkley - Southern California (Top 10 Pick)
    3. Landry Jones - Oklahoma (Top 10 Pick)
    4. Robert Griffin III - Baylor (Top 20 Pick)
    5. Tyler Wilson - Arkansas (Top 25 Pick)
    6. Brock Osweiler - Arizona State (Top 25 Pick)
    7. Ryan Tannehill - Texas A&M (Top 40 Pick)
    8. Nick Foles - Arizona (Top 45 Pick)
    9. Kirk Cousins - Michigan State (Top 65 Pick)
    10. Brandon Weeden - Oklahoma State (Top 65 Pick)

11. Chandler Harnish - Northern Illinois (Top 100 Pick)
    12. Dominique Davis - East Carolina (Top 100 Pick)
    13. Kellen Moore - Boise State (Top 125 Pick)
    14. Case Keenum - Houston (Top 125 Pick)
    15. Ryan Lindley - San Diego State (Top 150 Pick)
    16. John Brantley - Florida (Top 200 Pick)
    17. Jarrett Lee - Louisiana State (Top 200 Pick)
    18. Patrick Witt - Yale (Top 200 Pick)
    19. Austin Davis - Southern Miss (Top 225 Pick)
    20. G.J. Kinne - Tulsa (Top 225 Pick)
    Will likely change after the season and before the combine.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I am most keen on Jones and Luck. I think Barkley is the next Quinn, RGIII puts up great numbers against medicore teams and has decent numbers against good teams.

Can we package Tebow along with some other picks to Miami for #1? No matter how much I like Tebow, he is not improving enough. He is not playing like a potential starter. I think he needs to more time to get a better evaluation, he has glimpses of what it takes.

maybe we can package Fox/Tebow plus others for Coher and #1 pick

17. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

I am most keen on Jones and Luck. I think Barkley is the next Quinn, RGIII puts up great numbers against medicore teams and has decent numbers against good teams.

Can we package Tebow along with some other picks to Miami for #1? No matter how much I like Tebow, he is not improving enough. He is not playing like a potential starter. I think he needs to more time to get a better evaluation, he has glimpses of what it takes.

maybe we can package Fox/Tebow plus others for Coher and #1 pick
    I am most intrigued with Jones and Luck. Barkley is a great character kid who does have potential but I think of him, I think of Sanchez...no thanks. I am not enamored at all with RGIII.

I fear a worse case scenario happening here. We have 2 wins. Indy isn't going to win 2 games this season I don't think. Miami would have to win 3 games for us to draft before them and we would have to lose out.

We could finish 2-14, and very well miss out on the top 2 QB prospects in the draft. What a nightmare.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

whose list is this?

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    I am most intrigued with Jones and Luck. Barkley is a great character kid who does have potential but I think of him, I think of Sanchez...no thanks. I am not enamored at all with RGIII.

I fear a worse case scenario happening here. We have 2 wins. Indy isn't going to win 2 games this season I don't think. Miami would have to win 3 games for us to draft before them and we would have to lose out.

We could finish 2-14, and very well miss out on the top 2 QB prospects in the draft. What a nightmare.
    What don't you like about RG3?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Luck reminds me a lot of Tom Brady, he can make all the throws, has a solid arm, he's sure footed and his accuracy is off the charts.

After Luck, I believe Landry Jones is the best quarterback prospect, he reminds me of a lot of Jake Plummer during his collegiate years, and he also reminds me a of Jay Cutler, at least regarding the quiet demeanor and the big arm.

Barkley is still a solid prospect, he's like Mark Sanchez, but has a better arm and behind Luck the most accurate quarterback.

Griffin has solid upside, he's got a cannon arm, not as big as Jones but close. Of all quarterbacks I've seen in the NFL over the last few decades, I'd say he reminds me of Randall Cunningham.

Wilson is an interesting prospect and if he enters the draft he'll be going head to head with Griffin and maybe Barkley to be the third or fourth to be taken. Has solid mechanics, a good arm and decisive accuracy similar to Rodgers and Barkley.

As for Osweiler, he's a freakish prospect, at 6-8 and 240lbs. he's got a physique that's unusual like Tebow, his height gives him a unique view of the field, plus a throw that's hard to bat down, a pretty big arm and decent accuracy.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information