Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Champ vs Calvin Johnson

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Champ can shut him out, Pettigrew can burn us if Mays does not contain him over middle. But if we can get a sack or two on Stafford he may not stay in game if he is playing.
    Pressure definitely would be our secondaries best friend and if Stafford plays hurt...It may rush him some. I believe Champ can hang with Megatron. I don't believe he will shut him out but he can limit him. Champ has a habit of not giving up many touchdowns. He needs to keep Johnson out of the end zone. Will he?
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Pressure definitely would be our secondaries best friend and if Stafford plays hurt...It may rush him some. I believe Champ can hang with Megatron. I don't believe he will shut him out but he can limit him. Champ has a habit of not giving up many touchdowns. He needs to keep Johnson out of the end zone. Will he?
    Last year he shut out Bowe and Fitzgerald. As long as the ball is not just thrown up high for Johnson, Champ can make a play on ball like usual. But if he has to fight for the ball Johnson will win.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Here is an interview with Champ about this very thing. As always, Champ is as cool as the other side of the pillow...

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/t...spx?ID=1562263

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

4. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Here is an interview with Champ about this very thing. As always, Champ is as cool as the other side of the pillow...

http://www.1043thefan.com/channels/t...spx?ID=1562263
    Can i steal that line...."Cool as the other side of the pillow" ?

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Can i steal that line...."Cool as the other side of the pillow" ?
    Of course. I'm sure I stole it from somewhere...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

7. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I just hope Allen doesn't try to outsmart himself and try Champ at Nickel this week. Put him on Megatron and keep him there.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I just hope Allen doesn't try to outsmart himself and try Champ at Nickel this week. Put him on Megatron and keep him there.
    That is the question. I too am hoping Champ mans up on Johnson all game. I don't have a clue what Allen is going to do. Who covers Megatron if Champ doesn't?... I'm going with no one.

11. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Honestly, I think we've reverted to that since the Cassius Vaughn debacle. The last two games, Champ has covered the #1 guy and Wilhite, and then Harris in the Miami game, lined up in the nickle.

I think Vaughn's speed was the reason he started out as the #3 CB, but since his coverage skills need improvement, it looks as if he's been demoted to #4 or #5.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I thought Harris played pretty well.

14. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

That is the question. I too am hoping Champ mans up on Johnson all game. I don't have a clue what Allen is going to do. Who covers Megatron if Champ doesn't?... I'm going with no one.
    Jonathan Wilhite of course!
    In Elway We Trust

Calvin doesn't catch very many passes in the first half. So I expect to see Johnson have 0 catches in the first. Fans around here will cheer that Champ is shutting him down, and then we'll see Calvin step up in the second.

For some reason, the Lions don't target Johnson in the first half of games. I mean, sometimes it's literally 0 pass targets.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Calvin doesn't catch very many passes in the first half. So I expect to see Johnson have 0 catches in the first. Fans around here will cheer that Champ is shutting him down, and then we'll see Calvin step up in the second.

For some reason, the Lions don't target Johnson in the first half of games. I mean, sometimes it's literally 0 pass targets.
    I don't care if Johnson has 100 yards and 2 TDs as long as we win. Stats don't mean much unless you're big into fantasy football.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

I would be thrilled if Johnson has no pass targets at halftime. I guess I'd better be locked-in, in the second half. Champ better be all game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    Sorry.... BUT
    Omega Supreme was the best of ALL "Old school" Autobots. The dude MADE that show
    Horseshit! Unicron owns all!

Why? Because he eats planets!

Last edited by sneakers; 10-28-2011 at 03:41 AM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information