Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: A message to "New" Broncos fans.... you know who you are. You all own a #15 jersey and nothing else with a Broncos logo

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Default A message to "New" Broncos fans.... you know who you are. You all own a #15 jersey and nothing else with a Broncos logo

Here is advice for "New" Broncos fans or as we call them "Tebow fans".

If you compare any QB to wear a Denver uniform to Elway you are WRONG.
    If you think the current QB can hold Elway's jock you are WRONG.
    If you believe one day any QB with dim the light that is John Elway you are WRONG.
    John Elway carried 3 teams that had no business to the Super Bowl and then won 2 Super Bowls with good teams and went out at the very peak of professional sports.

If you care to be in the good books of any true Bronco fan or, or to be taken the least bit serious please do not try to discredit John Elway to us.

For Tebow fans, the love and passion you have for that player, we as Broncos fan do understand, you see we had John Elway. We lived and breathed with him at QB, he was everything to us and created a lot of us as Broncos fans. So to come in to a BRONCOS forum and talk bad about Elway or try to play down his stats by comparing him to a QB with 4 starts will not win you anything with Bronco fans.

Please try to understand, as this season is all about Tebow for a number of you this is about the Elway lead Broncos for the rest of us. It isn't about Orton or Tebow or Quinn it is and has always been about Elway and if he is going to bring the Broncos back to being a power once again.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Don't you mess with Elway the player. The VP Elway is free game. Unless Tebow or any other QB for that matter can come in and get us a 3peat. John Elway will still reign supreme. And even then he would only be equal to Elway.
    Back 2 Back Patches on my jacket/ Orange Zippers
    Super Bowl 50 witness

2019 Broncos Pick’em Champion
    2021 Broncos Pick’em Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

This post might set a salute record.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by BORDERLINE View Post
    Don't you mess with Elway the player. The VP Elway is free game. Unless Tebow or any other QB for that matter can come in and get us a 3peat. John Elway will still reign supreme. And even then he would only be equal to Elway.
    IMO John Elway the VP is still John Elway. If anyone has earned the chance to create a vision of the Broncos it is Elway and it is MUCH too early to question or doubt him.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

5. The Following 8 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

The fact that the Tebowniacs are already attacking Elway and Fox at this early point in the season, before they've even done much of anything is just proof that they're living in some Bizarro dimension which has no contact with reality at any point.

It's not as if Elway and Xanders have traded away their pro-bowl QB, brought in Kyle Orton, and drafted a RB with the first round pick!

Oh, but they delayed a full 5 games before naming Tebow the starter you see! That means they are guilty of doubting the blessings of the Anointed One! Blasphemers!

7. The Following 7 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

I was thinking the same thing but I'm not the wordsmith that MHC is... my posts tend to be 3 or 4 monosyllabic grunts and a smiley!

great post!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

John did many things wrong as a QB while still being one of the greatest to ever lace 'em up at the position. If Tebow can make the same claim in 15 years, then that's great. It'll be like having Bret Favre AND Aaron Rogers in the history of the Packers, or Big Ben AND Terry Bradshaw, or whatever.

Nothing wrong with having multiple Super-Bowl-winning QBs in franchise history. But right now we don't. Right now we have a QB who if not the best ever is top-5 ever at the position, and you can make a case that if Elway had been in SF and Joe Montana had been in Denver that Montana would have been out of football in half the time and Elway would have more SBs than anyone ever.

See what I did there? I just insulted Joe Montana by intimating that he had great teams with great offensive and defensive minds supported by phenomenal talent, and he could never have done what John did by willing crapass teams in the 80s to Super Bowls they had no business being in.

49er fans would take umbrage with that. Joe Montana is in the Hall, has a bunch of rings and all the accolades that could ever be accorded a QB. I can SAY Elway would have been better in SF, but it'd start an argument with fans of that team who watched ANOTHER one of the greatest ever suit up and just win, baby.

Tebow hasn't done that yet. Tebow is not a HOFer and we are not discussing whether he or Elway is the greatest QB in Broncos history because Tim hasn't done jack yet. I agree with the OP, pleasepleasePLEASE stop bringing up John Elway in any way that doesn't involve hoping that he goes with Tebow at QB and allows him to be the face of this team going forward.

I don't mind the Gator fans loving Tebow and basking in his new starter status. I like Tebow the man and I consider myself open-minded about Tebow the QB and his ability to have sustained success in the pros.

Feel free to enjoy his starts, cheer for him optimistically, and savor the successes he has.

But please save the Elway/Tebow comparisons for AFTER Tim wins a Superbowl.

Or two.

Because until then you just look foolish and we lose whatever good points you might have made in our reflexive eye-rolling over the idiocy of the comparison.

TIA.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

And since I think all I did was (unnecessarily) re-state the original post, now that I read the crap I just wrote, I'll just copy another poster and say, great post MHC.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

Great post MHC. What I heard on the radio yesterday is that when John came into the league he had the pro-style skills already down. As Shapiro said he was Luck before Luck. Everyone knew he could play the game as it is played in the NFL. So to compare stats just doesn't make sense at this point and time.

I became a Bronco fan when John started playing and I watched him do amazing things and I watched him fail. He carried this team on his back for many years, took a amazing amount of criticism. It's funny to think he was judged on what candy he gave out for Halloween and scary to think how many years ago that was. This was long before internet and message boards.

John restructured his salary so they could bring in more skilled players. He took so many sacks I didn't think he could walk when he turned 50. He just kept hanging in there even when so many wrote/reported that he didn't have the goods to win a championship. The night he lifted that trophy I cried my eyes out because of everything he had gone through to get to that point.

John earned the right to be in the heart of every Bronco fan out there and that's where he will stay for the rest of my life.
    Getting Stoked

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Here is advice for "New" Broncos fans or as we call them "Tebow fans".

If you compare any QB to wear a Denver uniform to Elway you are WRONG.
    If you think the current QB can hold Elway's jock you are WRONG.
    If you believe one day any QB with dim the light that is John Elway you are WRONG.
    John Elway carried 3 teams that had no business to the Super Bowl and then won 2 Super Bowls with good teams and went out at the very peak of professional sports.

If you care to be in the good books of any true Bronco fan or, or to be taken the least bit serious please do not try to discredit John Elway to us.

For Tebow fans, the love and passion you have for that player, we as Broncos fan do understand, you see we had John Elway. We lived and breathed with him at QB, he was everything to us and created a lot of us as Broncos fans. So to come in to a BRONCOS forum and talk bad about Elway or try to play down his stats by comparing him to a QB with 4 starts will not win you anything with Bronco fans.

Please try to understand, as this season is all about Tebow for a number of you this is about the Elway lead Broncos for the rest of us. It isn't about Orton or Tebow or Quinn it is and has always been about Elway and if he is going to bring the Broncos back to being a power once again.
    That was an awesome post MHC and a needed one. It's unfortunate that it will be ignored by most Tebois and argued against by the rest.

But thanks for writing it anyway.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived red98 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

next tebowner that compares his boy to the Duke gets the falcon punch!

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

15. The Following 10 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    next tebowner that compares his boy to the Duke gets the falcon punch!

Ok BF!!!

17. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Makes me want to go out and buy a Tebow jersey right now

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Ok BF!!!

you're in charge of the punching, okay?
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Tebow>>>>>>>>Elway
    Let's Rid3!!!!

22. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information