Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver open to trading Orton to Oakland

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Default Denver open to trading Orton to Oakland

According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, the Broncos are open to trading Orton to their division rivals–as long as they receive what they want in return.
    http://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articl...aiders/7471438
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

2. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have no problem with it but I think they should not give any ground on what they want for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    I have no problem with it but I think they should not give any ground on what they want for him.
    That would be monumentally stupid IMHO TX, they might be the only suitors and Denver can ill afford to play hardball. Oakland already gave up their 3rd round pick for Terrelle Pryor in the Supplemental Draft, they traded away their 2nd, 4th and 7th round picks as well; all they have is their 1st, 5th and 6th round picks remaining. They're not in the best position to bargain, that's why I said Michael Bush would be an entertaining prospect in regards to a trade.

We'll not get a compensatory pick with the loss of Orton cause he was benched so early in the season, he'll not be regarded as a starter. So we might as well unload him for whatever they can get, not to mention it saves the team about 5 million dollars.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

I know Orton has been discussed as a possible trade option...but there is one QB that no one seems to even think about-Brady Quinn. He also leaves as a free agent at the end of the season.

Of course, there may be a reason no one is thinking about Quinn

6. The Following User High Fived BFI For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by BFI View Post
    I know Orton has been discussed as a possible trade option...but there is one QB that no one seems to even think about-Brady Quinn. He also leaves as a free agent at the end of the season.

We have a 3rd round pick going to Cleveland riding on Brady Quinn if he gets X amount of snaps. I wonder if we traded him to someone else if he gets the snaps there if we still owe Cleveland a 3rd or if they do or just the 6th we already owe them? I have no idea how that will work. Perhaps that's why nobody is inquiring about Quinn? If that is the case, Quinn would be even harder to trade than Orton and his ridiculous contract...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by BFI View Post

Quinn hasn't started a game in a long while which has diminished his trade value to almost nothing. Orton on the other hand is a game removed from being the starter and quite frankly I think Denver would like to unload him, not just his contract but away from the locker room as well.

Oakland has supposedly been in talks with the Lions about backup Shaun Hill, but Orton is without question a better option. And I don't see Denver being stodgy about the price tag either, Oakland would be stupid to not even inquire about him over Hill.

Think Oakland has cap issues and Orton wont fit, I have no link there, but think that is what I heard on ESPN last night.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

How bad is it that Oakland who has beat Orton 3 straight games.... wants him.
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    That would be monumentally stupid IMHO TX, they might be the only suitors and Denver can ill afford to play hardball. Oakland already gave up their 3rd round pick for Terrelle Pryor in the Supplemental Draft, they traded away their 2nd, 4th and 7th round picks as well; all they have is their 1st, 5th and 6th round picks remaining. They're not in the best position to bargain, that's why I said Michael Bush would be an entertaining prospect in regards to a trade.

We'll not get a compensatory pick with the loss of Orton cause he was benched so early in the season, he'll not be regarded as a starter. So we might as well unload him for whatever they can get, not to mention it saves the team about 5 million dollars.
    It doesnt have to be a pick from 2012. It could be a pick from 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post

5th or 6th is likely all you would get unless a team was both in the hunt and desperate. Before the season, it was said the Broncos were asking too much in a 2nd or 3rd, and reportedly Miami was willing to give a third. We are no six games into the season and Orton played himself out of a job.

Jay Glazer reporting.

RT @JayGlazer: The Raiders & Bengals are close to a trade that would send Carson Palmer to OAK for a first-rounder in 2012 and a conditional pick in future. The trade is expected to be completed by deadline. Hue Jackson has a close relationship w Mike Brown and really worked to get Brown to budge

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Orton is untradeable. The speculation is silly.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Orton is untradeable. The speculation is silly.
    Isn't speculation silly by definition?

Yep, in the new age, Internet pseudo dictionary, definition seven is:

7. Silly and wasteful use of time.

When are people going to get it through their heads that nobody wants Orton?

5 Veteran QB's were chosen over him in the last offseason, not to mention a team that felt they were better off going with a rookie redhead.

Now Oakland would rather spend a 1st rounder on a 30+ old QB who hasn't played this year than to spend a 5th or 6th rounder on Orton.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Isn't speculation silly by definition?

Yep, in the new age, Internet pseudo dictionary, definition seven is:

7. Silly and wasteful use of time.
    Fair enough. But seriously, fans are delusional sometimes. What GM in their right mind would take on Orton's salary after his performance this year AND give up a draft pick for him? I wouldn't even trade a long snapper for Orton if I were an opposing GM. Not at his current salary (Thanks, McD).

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information