Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trading places: List of 14 who should get dealt (4 Broncos)

Default Trading places: List of 14 who should get dealt (4 Broncos)

Champ Bailey
    Brian Dawkins
    Brandon Llyod
    Kyle Orton

Read the full article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...ysp_frm_woah=1

Those are four of the rumored Broncos being shopped. I have very mixed feelings of Champ going anywhere but this team needs to rebuild and could use the young talent.

Also, I must say DJ should be shopped as well.

Thoughts???
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I would like to keep all of them right now... Champ for obvious reasons... Dawkins because he can mentor all our young safeties... Lloyd to help Tebow develop as a deep passer... and Orton because I think he's a serviceable backup to Tebow.

Now DJ?? Shop him all you want.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

3. The Following User High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

I disagree on Champ, but am ok with the others, even though I think all but Lloyd is very unlikely.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Again this is another columnist writing his opinion only.

So far the only confirmation we have is that Denver is trying to trade Brandon Lloyd, though you would think with the talk about Dawkins and Williams being shipped to Philadelphia has substance because the amount of chatter regarding the rumor. As for Orton, we could only wish we could get him traded somewhere for some compensation.

I don't see Champ going anywhere though, he's going to retire a Bronco in my honest opinion.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

7. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Orton seems to be the most unlikely player to get traded because of his salary and the learning curve for a new offense. That's the way I understand what has been explained through the media.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Champ isn't going anywhere. They just signed him to a new contract and would take a huge salary cap hit because his entire bonus would immdeiately be accelerated into the cap. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Everyone else listed is expendable.

10. The Following User High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned:1398017
    I disagree on Champ, but am ok with the others, even though I think all but Lloyd is very unlikely.
    I feel the same way.
    Last edited by Tned; 10-13-2011 at 10:44 PM.

I just want whats best for the team. However, I want Bailey to retire with the Broncos.

Llyod, DJ, Dawk and Orton might as well be dealt as long as the total equals a 1st and possibly a player included.

Dawk is old and we need to get younger in that area of Defense. Llyod is great and would only be good for Tebow but he is being out performed overall by Decker. The Broncos must feel ok with DT returning and I would rather the Broncos sell now while they still can on Llyod.

DJ has played his whole career here but has been very average since moving from weakside LB years ago and Orton is just a big fat turd.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Orton seems to be the most unlikely player to get traded because of his salary and the learning curve for a new offense. That's the way I understand what has been explained through the media.
    Not unless the Broncos agree wo eat most of the cap on him. Still could happen with Mia but they Broncos would have to pay most of his salary and settle for a 4th or 5th. They should consider that strongly.

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I'm all about stocking picks by moving players from positions we have depth at and if it makes sense.

Lloyd is in his last year and we've got some good young wr's in the wings. DJ has been outplayed by Woodyard, etc.

Letting Champ walk would piss me off. Not only is a Champ a guy I want to see retire as a Bronco, first ballot HOF, etc. But that move wouldn't make sense. We don't have the depth at corner to cover that move, and there's nobody on the roster that could replace the experience Champ brings to the table and the younger players.

16. The Following 7 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Dawkins needs to go. He can't cover deep and he's playing as a 200 pound LB in the box. He can't mentor the young guys when he keeps getting beat for easy TD through the air.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Just to confirm a story, Adam Schefter did in fact mention on ESPN the idea for a trade, where Denver would send Brian Dawkins and DJ Williams to the Eagles for the Eagles' 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick.

And the Eagles' fans are clamoring for it, hell begging for it. They're ready to lynch Vick and Reid in fact.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...hi-for-3-pick/
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

19. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Just to confirm a story, Adam Schefter did in fact mention on ESPN the idea for a trade, where Denver would send Brian Dawkins and DJ Williams to the Eagles for the Eagles' 2012 3rd Round Draft Pick.

And the Eagles' fans are clamoring for it, hell begging for it. They're ready to lynch Vick and Reid in fact.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com...hi-for-3-pick/
    That's very interesting. We got what we needed from Dawk to help mentor R. Moore but lets face it, after this year there might not be much left in Dawk. Brian would at least help Philly make a push this year and they desperately need a LB.

So, it's a win win for both teams.

Just would really like Asante somehow for us though.

I'm amazed how many fans from other teams are begging for Llyod. He really could be the differance make for someone, so I could see us getting good value even with this being his only year left on a contract. Llyod might want a new deal as part of the trade to be finalized before going.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    That's very interesting. We got what we needed from Dawk to help mentor R. Moore but lets face it, after this year there might not be much left in Dawk. Brian would at least help Philly make a push this year and they desperately need a LB.

So, it's a win win for both teams.

Just would really like Asante somehow for us though.
    Asante Samuel is on the back end of his career, he's maybe got another four to five years in him, and his contract is ridiculous originally signed in 2008, his contract was a six year deal for 57 million dollars, with 20 million guaranteed. I believe he's still owed around 37 million which is spread out over three and a half years is over 10 million a season almost. I would rather spend that money all multiple positions then one over the hill corner.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information