Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Orton's reaction to being benched.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Orton's reaction to being benched.

It almost seemed like he was relieved that it happened. Like all the pressure in the world just went away.

Anyone else get that sense?

Also, don't bash Kyle Orton in this thread. He did try his best I think, but he just wasn't very good given the team that we have.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived sneakers For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

"Thank god, now i can make nine million dollars and keep my ankles in one piece. Somebody pass the Jack"
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Orton has been benched before for Grossman in a similar situation. Offense was dragging then he got pulled, Grossman came in and gave it a spark. He'll handle this like a professional and if we need him again this season in the event Tebow is injured, he'll be right back out there for us. I wouldn't even be surprised if he re-signed here as a backup if he can't find a chance to compete for a job on the market. With as many dysfunctional situations as there are in the NFL, Orton may want to avoid those and come back here instead. I can't see him wanting to "mentor" another young QB and watch an entire fan base turn on him again. He can easily repair his image here over the course of the next 11 weeks in the eyes of the fans if he says the right things and supports Tebow. Besides, nobody is going to pay Orton money to come in and start for him. The Bears avoided giving him an Aaron Rodgers like contract he wanted by trading him to us. We've given him the bulk of his career earnings. If he handles this right, he'll get Kerry Collins type backup money behind Tebow who plays aggressively.

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    "Thank god, now i can make nine million dollars and keep my ankles in one piece. Somebody pass the Jack"
    You know, if he could just play healthy one year..... Oh, weit.

Sorry, Sneaks.

I don't think he was releived. I read it more as resigned, than anything. I think he still believes that he should be the starter, but realizes that the offense hasn't played well enough for him to keep his job, even at the same time he thinks he should have kept his job.

Also, I'm sure he's both angry and depressed about what this is going to do to his free agent value next year.

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    You know, if he could just play healthy one year..... Oh, weit.

Sorry, Sneaks.

I don't think he was releived. I read it more as resigned, than anything. I think he still believes that he should be the starter, but realizes that the offense hasn't played well enough for him to keep his job, even at the same time he thinks he should have kept his job.

Also, I'm sure he's both angry and depressed about what this is going to do to his free agent value next year.

Adopted Bronco:
    the beer guy

I'm sure the first time he was benched it crushed him.... BUT like many other things the more you get benched/traded/benched/benched... you get used to the feeling.

Kyle will be ok, he's a big boy making 9 million dollars while sitting eating pumpkin seeds on the bench. Hey.... MAYBE Tebow can try and get Kyle to be his Gatorade boy.. you knowget him a cup when Tim comes off the field all hot and sweaty from playing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think he was relieved. He knows he is getting paid regardless and now he doesnt have to hear the boos rain down on him anymore.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I think he was relieved. He knows he is getting paid regardless and now he doesnt have to hear the boos rain down on him anymore.
    9 million dollars drys alot of tears doesnt it?
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

11. The Following 11 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

We'll see how he handles it. "I'm not a backup in this league" wasn't stated all that long ago.

Well the reality is, Kyle, you ARE a backup in this league. Thanks for nothing. To me Orton being a Bronco is nothing more than a reminder of what we had in 2008 that was taken and pissed away in 2009-2010. The sooner he's on another rosther, the better.

Good riddance.

13. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

I'm sure he was a bit relieved. As a player, you want to do your best and you fight to do your best....but when it feels like the fans dislike you, then even at home you are surrounded by enemies, insults, and jeers. Of course its a sense of relief, but no necessarily one he's glad to have.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I'm sure he is pissed off and feels like he is taking the blame for the enitre team. We have a young oline, lots of injured WRs and a RB 1st rounder that dances in the back field. I can see why he would be pissed too.
    Orton didn't perform but he wasn't the only one, so now he puts on his big boy face and takes his seat on the bench, where IMO he belongs. but this wasn't all his fault either.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris Harris

I think it stings even worse when you get replaced and your replacement comes in and almost leads a comeback.

Supporting the Denver Broncos all the way from North Carolina!

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived camdisco24 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Juriga72 View Post
    I'm sure the first time he was benched it crushed him.... BUT like many other things the more you get benched/traded/benched/benched... you get used to the feeling.

Kyle will be ok, he's a big boy making 9 million dollars while sitting eating pumpkin seeds on the bench. Hey.... MAYBE Tebow can try and get Kyle to be his Gatorade boy.. you knowget him a cup when Tim comes off the field all hot and sweaty from playing.
    Meh! Kyle needs to stay focused and ready.....We don't know if Tebow can stay healthy for all 11 games, especially if he decides to free-will and run around like the NFL is the SEC.

Stay in the Pocket and learn to execute from the pocket Mr. Tebow.....you get injured and KO will take his starting job back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Relieved that he was benched? Probably not. I think he was being realistic. He understood that his performance and the offense in general wasn't getting it done. Imho if he had played well even though is losing games he would have been defiant about it like he was last year.

Even though he accepts it I don't expect that he'll be very helpful.

I think he handled it well. He could have pulled a Plummer and he hasn't so far. They even showed him cheering/clapping on the sideline as Tebow was attempting to make a comeback in the game.

Sometimes you have to look past your hatred of the guy to give credit where credit is due. Kind of tired of reading all the slights and insults aimed at the guy.

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived jlarsiii For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information