Thread: Shanahan Puts a Hit out on Al Davis - circa 1994 (this is funny)

Default Shanahan Puts a Hit out on Al Davis - circa 1994 (this is funny)

Apparently a true story, confirmed by witnesses...

It was 1994 and Shanahan and Grbac were both with the San Francisco 49ers. Shanahan, the offensive coordinator, was working with Grbac before a game against Oakland. [...]

[...] Davis, as he does before almost every game, was walking the field, talking to players and others. Shanahan pulled Grbac aside, Grbac recalled, and gave an unusual order: ''See Al Davis over there? I want you to throw the ball right at him.''

A shocked Grbac replied: ''I can't do that. If I hit him, do you know what he could do to me?''

Shanahan looked at Grbac with his intense glare and said, ''Throw the ball.''

So Grbac did. He threw a tight, hard spiral some 30 yards directly at the head of Davis. At the last second, Davis saw it and ducked, the ball missing him by only a few inches. Davis, his hair ruffled, then made an obscene gesture at Shanahan, witnessed by a former Raiders coach who confirmed Grbac's story.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-wp9245

Not exactly Broncos talk but certainly a funny story about our greatest HC and biggest rival.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information