Poll: Based on what you've seen so far from both QB's, who would you want as QB for Denver in 2012?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll: Who would you rather have at QB in 2012, Tebow or Luck? Click to vote:

Default Poll: Who would you rather have at QB in 2012, Tebow or Luck? Click to vote:

Ok, this is a poll question that Nate Kreckman (@Natekreckman) on the 102.3 homepage (www.denverssportsstation.com).

Based on what you saw this weekend, would you rather have Tebow or Luck playing QB for the Broncos in 2012?

It's an interesting question. So, it isn't so much do you think we have a shot at Luck, but if you could choose, who would you rather have playing QB in 2012?

Luck, with Tebow in a utility/backup QB role.

3. The Following User High Fived silkamilkamonico For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I hate these polls. Not because its stupid or anything but the options are always limited and not broad enough. Its just too hard to determine. One guy has played in the NFL and one hasnt.

But, if i had to go by just their style of play i would say Andrew Luck. Ive never been a big fan of run heavy QB's. I like the pass first/run second type of QB over the opposite. But it doesnt mean that Tebow cant become that kind of QB. And just because Luck is highly touted does not mean he wont become the next Ryan Leaf or JaMarcus Russell.

But, going with the options here im still going to say Luck just based off preference of play style.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Tebow

I dont watch college so I have no idea about luck other then what I've heard of him from broncos forums.

If Tebow starts the rest of the year and is awful then I say we need a new QB. As of now, we just made a change to the 1st rounder Pat Bowlen selected in 2010. I think we are good as of now.

If you would of asked me last week my answer would of been anyone other then orton is great.

Dudes (and Gem), I love what I saw yesterday from Tebow, it was a blast to watch, but he's never going to be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He just isn't. He'll always be fun to watch and he's going to keep us in games, but he'll always make bonehead mistakes that lose us games too. If Luck is half of what everyone claims he is, then he'll be the best QB of the next generation by a mile.

I said Luck, but if Tebow can improve his decision making and short range accuracy by the end of the season, I'll change my mind.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived BigSarge87 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Luck, with Tebow in a utility/backup QB role.
    Nah...I don't think you can keep Tebow here as a backup.

If the starter is ever struggling, there's always going to be (as B. Lloyd puts it) the "Tebow Thing."

Tebow either needs to be the starter or we need to deal him. Having Tim as the backup just puts too much pressure on the starter IMO.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Luck is a polished pocket passer. Not saying Tebow can't be a successful NFL QB, but if given the option, I'll always take the pure pocket passer over the run/pass dual threat in the NFL.

If you were asking me who I'd rather have lead my college team, I'll probably take the run/pass threat.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BigSarge87 View Post
    Dudes (and Gem), I love what I saw yesterday from Tebow, it was a blast to watch, but he's never going to be a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. He just isn't. He'll always be fun to watch and he's going to keep us in games, but he'll always make bonehead mistakes that lose us games too. If Luck is half of what everyone claims he is, then he'll be the best QB of the next generation by a mile.

I said Luck, but if Tebow can improve his decision making and short range accuracy by the end of the season, I'll change my mind.
    What bonehead mistakes? I haven't seen him make even one mistake that actually cost us a game in any game he's played yet.

Sure, he'll make mistakes along the way, but I don't see how you can use a finite term like "always" when he has yet to do it even once.

More baseless assuptions drilled into your head by the media.

Tebow

then we can focus on draft choices on REAL HOLES this team has, like DB, DL, OL, RB

I am hoping to all get up that Denver takes that new shiny CB out of LSU this year, that may not have the return game Peterson did, but is a way better press corner - something we need badly

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived lgenf For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    D.Thomas....the next great broncos WR

Love Tebows will to win and agree he brings major intangibles...could very well be a great QB.....BUT !
    Luck is widely considered the most " sure thing" to come to the nfl at the QB position in decades...i would have to go with that.
    the possibility of having a Manning/Brady type QB at the helm of the Broncos for years to come is too much to pass up.
    the other question would then be....
    am i excited about the idea of the Broncos having the worst record in the NFL to gain the 1st pick ?.......HELL NO !

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

This is a tough question. I chose Luck simply because he should be able to hit the ground running (in a QB sense) where Tebow is still a project. I LOVE what Tebow brings to the table.

I will change my tune if Tebow plays the remainder of the year and develops into a better NFL style QB.

By the way T, you left Landry Jones off the list. I'm starting to like that kid.
    Thanks Shake!

18. The Following User High Fived Dirk For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    Tebow

then we can focus on draft choices on REAL HOLES this team has, like DB, DL, OL, RB

I am hoping to all get up that Denver takes that new shiny CB out of LSU this year, that may not have the return game Peterson did, but is a way better press corner - something we need badly
    Mathieu is awesome. I actually like him way better than Peterson.

Luck. This is a passing league, and Luck has a chance to be the next spectacular passer. Tebow will never be able to win games from the pocket.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    This is a tough question. I chose Luck simply because he should be able to hit the ground running (in a QB sense) where Tebow is still a project. I LOVE what Tebow brings to the table.

I will change my tune if Tebow plays the remainder of the year and develops into a better NFL style QB.

By the way T, you left Landry Jones off the list. I'm starting to like that kid.
    Jones is growing on me a lot too. Especially after the Texas game.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lgenf View Post
    Tebow

We need to draft a DT that doesn't get a bonehead personal foul with the game on the line.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information