Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Thank you John Fox!!!!!

Thank you John Fox (and anybody else who required the change-Bowlen may have taken note of the exodous at the stands at half!)

Mr. Fox, please pay for JD Walton and TT to have a nice BYE week somewhere together to work on the center exchange!

I was looking forward to the bye because each of our Orton games have left me INDIFFERENT to everything Broncos. TODAY's GAME WAS AWESOME! Now I don't want the bye

2. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post
    If they sprinkle in some roll-outs and bootlegs I think it will scare the crap out of opposing Ds.

Thanks Fox, I know it must have been hard for you.
    Way to man up !

We're talking about Mike McCoy, not Mike Shanahan, Mike Holmgren, Mike Martz, Mike Sullivan, Mike McCarthy, Mike Mularkey or Mike Shula...you know, one of the other Mikes we'd rather have and actually have an F'n clue!
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

4. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

I'd say it's my biggest fear, but I think McCoy is on HIS proving ground as well. It's not like his offense has been even moderately watchable, let alone productive. Both Xanders and McCoy had a lot to prove as holdovers from the former regime. Xanders didn't fail his first test (the draft) so he'll get another. McCoy is looking miserable.

If he can get creative and help Tim be productive, then he'll get another year. If his play calling stays miserable, then we may be looking for a new OC as well as a new QB next year.

That ain't the worst option available to us.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

6. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Maybe Fox is smarter than I've given him credit for. In retrospect, this is the best transition Tebow could have hoped for. If Fox starts TT from Day 1 and we're 1-4 at the bye week, then we've really got a dilemma on our hands - do you go back to the veteran making $9 million or let the kid play through the pain - plus you've got a 2nd yr QB with shaken confidence, etc.

Now there can be no doubt. Orton has played himself out of a job. TT brings enough of a threat to the game that he gets the rest of the season to audition without looking over his shoulder or the burden of having to win right now.
    Last edited by Buff; 10-09-2011 at 10:24 PM.

8. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Maybe Fox is smarter than I've given him credit for. In retrospect, this is the best transition Tebow could have hoped for. If Fox starts TT from Day 1 and we're 1-4 at the bye week, then we've really got a dilemma on our hands - do you go back to the veteran making $9 million or let the kid play through the pain - plus you've got a 2nd yr QB with shaken confidence, etc.

Now there can be no doubt. Orton has played himself out of a job. TT brings enough of a threat to the game that he gets the rest of the season to audition without looking over his shoulder or the burden of having to win right now.
    And all the Denver Tebow fans (not Bull) but the one's that are here for TT and only TT ahem Jags ahem will have a precarious situation on their hand.

They will have to honestly assess TT. No more conjecture. No more TT would have or could have. It is time to put up or shut up. They can't trash the team now. Should they, I hope they get run!

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek "aaarrruuuuuu" Wolfe

It was good to see Tebow play well, but now teams will have a week to prepare for him. The Chargers didn't prepare to face Tebow and I'm sure him coming in took them by surprise. I hope it stays exciting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

PEACE!!!
    SAKUNA MATATA - Black Forest, CO

^Thanks MasterShake^

Good thing it's Miami in 2 weeks.

Fox moved Willis to the starting back and it's working. McGahee is running like a mad man.

And Knowshon is being used perfect as a 3rd down/skat back. Moreno is quicker on the outside and doesnt run tough between the tackles. I would like to see him more involved and used alot more on screen plays.

This combo is working great!

Give Tebow a really good pass catching TE and this offense good be a real threat for defenses. Who knows, When Julious and Demaryius Thomas come back one of them might fill that role
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    If the Broncos were 4-1 or 5-0 then Tebow wouldn't sniff any playing time. Be thankful that Orton collapsed under the pressure and the Broncos stink, it's the only way change was going to take place.
    Point I am making we would have been 4-1 or even 5-0 with Tebow, Fox is clearly an idiot for thinking Orton could have emerged to being anything other than the loser he has been the past 2 seasons. It is what it is... Love to see so many coward down to paying homage to such a disgraceful way this team has been led thus far this season. Good Grief. I guess this is why I could never be considered a true fan of any team, I'd rather be true to myself as well as true fan to the game rather than the clowns sabatoging it from what it could truly be.

Who doubts the Broncos would be a winning team with Tebow at the helm from week one?
    Last edited by Jagsbch; 10-10-2011 at 04:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
    Point I am making we would have been 4-1 or even 5-0 with Tebow, Fox is clearly an idiot for thinking Orton could have emerged to being anything other than the loser he has been the past 2 seasons. It is what it is... Love to see so many coward down to paying homage to such a disgraceful way this team has been led thus far this season. Good Grief. I guess this is why I could never be considered a true fan of any team, I'd rather be true to myself as well as true fan to the game rather than the clowns sabatoging it from what it could truly be.

Who doubts the Broncos would be a winning team with Tebow at the helm from week one?
    Fox didn't have much of a choice. When the Orton trade fell through it was then a matter of letting Orton play himself out of the position as he looked so much better than the other guys in practice. If Denver starts Tebow and goes 1-4 or 0-5 then Fox has lost his lockerroom and the QB controversy might be swining the other way, Tebow down in the dumps and Orton looking good. Fox played it correctly. As frustrating as it has been, Orton needed to play his way out of the job.

15. The Following User High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    Thank you John Fox (and anybody else who required the change-Bowlen may have taken note of the exodous at the stands at half!)

Mr. Fox, please pay for JD Walton and TT to have a nice BYE week somewhere together to work on the center exchange!

I was looking forward to the bye because each of our Orton games have left me INDIFFERENT to everything Broncos. TODAY's GAME WAS AWESOME! Now I don't want the bye
    For the first time all season I was jumping up out of my seat...and excited for the O to get back on the field. I too wish there was a game next week. This bye will be good though. 2 weeks of TT running with the 1st string in practice. I CAN'T WAIT for the next game. First time I have said that all season also.

17. The Following User High Fived Watchthemiddle For This Post:

Imagine how far along Tebow would be by now had not Fox benched him in favor of a perinial loser like Orton. I mean what does that say about you as a coach to bench a clutch winner for a loser who has no game in clutch situations? Face it Fox is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Jagsbch View Post
    Imagine how far along Tebow would be by now had not Fox benched him in favor of a perinial loser like Orton. I mean what does that say about you as a coach to bench a clutch winner for a loser who has no game in clutch situations? Face it Fox is an idiot
    Dude are these posts serious or are you tongue in cheek? I've never known... You can't possibly have a hard-on this bent for Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Dude are these posts serious or are you tongue in cheek? I've never known... You can't possibly have a hard-on this bent for Tebow.
    Yes. Yes he does. Its the one downside to Orton's benching that I can see. The worst of the Tebow fanbois are almost as bad as run o' the mill ESPN football analysts. That said, I'd still rather see Merrill Hoge and Kordell Stewart made fools of than Jagsbch, because that means good news for the Broncos.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

21. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by AlWilsonizKING View Post
    It was good to see Tebow play well, but now teams will have a week to prepare for him. The Chargers didn't prepare to face Tebow and I'm sure him coming in took them by surprise. I hope it stays exciting, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

PEACE!!!
    Teams had a week to prepare for Orton and it didnt work out well and he was a veteran. If you think that Tebow is all of a sudden just going to carry us to the SB you really dont understand football.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information