Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Baseball is dead

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    These are the two key factors. Unfortunately, I dont think either one will happen. It may be too late to install a cap...and if they do, they would probably have to install a minimum salary as well. That would be a bigger problem because some teams just cant manage an organization. Like I said, the Pirates got $75 million from profit sharing, luxury tax fees, etc. from MLB and they still only have a $45 million dollar payroll. Where's the other 30 going?

For every sob story from Pittsburgh and KC, there is a success story in Tampa and Miami. The difference is management
    And Tampa cant fill the seats. I really support a new stadium in Tampa, Where they have it is 45minutes west of Tampa in St Pete. with traffic it would take me 2.5 hours to drive the 20 something miles straight line distance.

Not worth it......
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    And Tampa cant fill the seats. I really support a new stadium in Tampa, Where they have it is 45minutes west of Tampa in St Pete. with traffic it would take me 2.5 hours to drive the 20 something miles straight line distance.

Not worth it......
    This is my point. Owners and MLB approve a team in a location that just doesnt have much baseball interest. but despite that, the team...through excellent internal management...remains competetive. Same scenario with the Marlins.

So the question is...if these small market teams can do it, why not Pitt and KC? The answer is internal management. So, I dont feel sorry for the Royals and Pirates. Especially when they have opportunities to improve, but choose to ignore them

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

and baseball still sux!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I enjoyed playing baseball throughout my youth until the end of my high school days (played left and center field in HS). I've never really been a fan of MLB though I somewhat follow the Mariners because we lived there for so long and that's where my wife is from (Washington State). It was fun going to the old Kingdome (glad the piece of crap was torn down) and especially at Safeco Field. I wouldn't blink twice if MLB would disappear, same could be said for the NBA (though John stockton was my favorite player). The only baseball I watch is the CWS!!!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information