Thread: Denver is what we thought they were??!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Sorry, I gave at the office.

Talking Denver is what we thought they were??!!

I remember during the summer many people picking Denver to go 8-8 or 9-7 with a young talented team. Some even thought Denver could go 10-6 if most everyone stayed healthy. Well that didn't happen! And now that things are getting tight there seems to be a bit of negativity over the teams performance when they are really just playing to their level of talent.

SD on the other hand has been terrible most of the season and have only just come out of their tail spin. Why? Well Norv the turd, and more injuries than most people realize. The Loss of key leadership hurt us as well. Lo Niel, McCree, Drayton Florance , Turner the Burner really hurt and don't forget the big one Merriman.

Now SD is starting to get healthy and the new D cord is doing a really good job IMO. So now I look forward to this Sunday and to some good natured smack with you all. Not too much seeing how bad my team has been most of the season!!

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived sanluis For This Post:

Well, I'll be a good sport and properly congratulate the Chargers for what they've done so far. It's good fortune that you got to face Oakland and KC, while we had to face the red hot Panthers, and the Bills without a competent rusher (or a defense, but we've survived that most of the season, hehehe ).

Still, your Tampa win was big, and you did take care of business with KC and Oakland. Congrats!

This season, it's only been since the Carolina game where we had absolutely no confidence in our rushing offense; it hasn't been great this season, but our line-up with the 6th starting back really hurt us. Pope seemed to do well early against the Bills, but, surprise surprise, he gets injured too.

If we had Hillis, Torrain, or Pittman in the line-up, I'd have much more confidence going into the last game. As it is, with Tatum Bell as our starter, SD will just do with Carolina and Buffalo did ... way overplay the pass, and force Tatum Bell to beat you.

Here's to hoping for a good game anyway.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived omac For This Post:

i agree with a RB this would be a game. Since we dont i think you will make the score 48-24.

I would love to win this game though, not for the playoffs. Well, those too, but because i hate phyllis sooo much and cannot bear the thought of him making it to the playoffs by beating us.

Ugh.

Good luck, sorta-SD- lets keep it healthy, and whoever wins show them that the West might suck during reg season, but the playoffs are a whole different monster.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by omac View Post
    Well, I'll be a good sport and properly congratulate the Chargers for what they've done so far. It's good fortune that you got to face Oakland and KC, while we had to face the red hot Panthers, and the Bills without a competent rusher (or a defense, but we've survived that most of the season, hehehe ).

Still, your Tampa win was big, and you did take care of business with KC and Oakland. Congrats!

This season, it's only been since the Carolina game where we had absolutely no confidence in our rushing offense; it hasn't been great this season, but our line-up with the 6th starting back really hurt us. Pope seemed to do well early against the Bills, but, surprise surprise, he gets injured too.

If we had Hillis, Torrain, or Pittman in the line-up, I'd have much more confidence going into the last game. As it is, with Tatum Bell as our starter, SD will just do with Carolina and Buffalo did ... way overplay the pass, and force Tatum Bell to beat you.

Here's to hoping for a good game anyway.
    Yes! I hope it is a great game! No injuries would be a plus!

You guys have had a record number of running backs go out. And Linebackers as well! At least your o-line has been relatively healthy and has protected Jay way better than I thought they would. That rookie left tackle looks like the real deal! Did his ankle seem to bother him much last Sunday?

Denver is a young team that over achieved early and is now coming back down to earth. Not smack just my opinion. I was surprised it took this long with all of the injuries. Especially Champ!

8. The Following User High Fived sanluis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    i agree with a RB this would be a game. Since we dont i think you will make the score 48-24.

I would love to win this game though, not for the playoffs. Well, those too, but because i hate phyllis sooo much and cannot bear the thought of him making it to the playoffs by beating us.

Ugh.

Good luck, sorta-SD- lets keep it healthy, and whoever wins show them that the West might suck during reg season, but the playoffs are a whole different monster.
    You don't like Phil?

It would seem this Pro Bowl snub has lit a fire under Rivers. He really played great last Sunday!

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

This team is what we thought they were to start the season. Very young, very inexperienced, with some really bright young talent and some really dark holes.

The Chargers have been infected with Norv-itis, the inexplicable slide to 9-7ish no matter how great the talent level, and if I were you I’d be really hoping that AJ cans him after the season.

Every year spent on Norv is a year wasted as far as championships go.

And Rivera’s sitting right there, waiting to be a HC. I don’t know if he’d be good, but he can’t really be worse.

The Broncos have numerous flaws, but they seem to be getting corrected. We overhauled the O line in one year, gave Jay even more weapons in Royal and Hillis, and added some solid defenders – though obviously not nearly enough.

The Chargers D has gotten better since Cottrell got fired, but if you promote the DC to HC you’ll still be looking. Rivers needs a few more weapons, and you’d better start looking for LT’s replacement IMO. The tread seems to be wearing thin there.

But I’d say you’re in pretty good position to hang with us as we get better, assuming you fix the head coaching issue. If you don’t pick Rivera to do it he’ll probably walk or get one of the many jobs coming free, and if you do pick him you’ll still need a defensive coordinator worth something, so that’s a bit of an issue. Time for a new NT too.

But I really hope you guys are in it for the long haul. The Chiefs are still mired in misery, though their young talent is decent, and the Raiders….guh. They’re the Raiders.

We need a good rivalry, and with as nasty as I expect Sunday’s game to be – from the crowd, to the players, to the playcalls – I think we could really make the players actually care about the rivalry.

That’d be nice for future years.

You should win this game handily – going away. If you somehow lose this game to our massively flawed team, in your building, with everything at stake, after we’ve tanked…man, heads better roll.

As inexcusable as our recent losses have been, that would be even worse for you.

Your boys had better not bring the game they brought to the first 3 quarters of the Chiefs game. Other than that, I just hope everybody makes it through healthy and that it’s a good game. We’re on the road, so we’ve got a shot to make it so.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post
    Denver is what we thought they were??!!
    What's the second, most memorable part of that Dennis Green rant?

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Green
    *SLAM!!* And we let em off the hook!
    That will determine the success or failure.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    Originally Posted by Dennis Green
    You are correct! We must finish and not squander yet another opportunity!

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    This team is what we thought they were to start the season. Very young, very inexperienced, with some really bright young talent and some really dark holes.

The Chargers have been infected with Norv-itis, the inexplicable slide to 9-7ish no matter how great the talent level, and if I were you I’d be really hoping that AJ cans him after the season.

Every year spent on Norv is a year wasted as far as championships go.

And Rivera’s sitting right there, waiting to be a HC. I don’t know if he’d be good, but he can’t really be worse.

The Broncos have numerous flaws, but they seem to be getting corrected. We overhauled the O line in one year, gave Jay even more weapons in Royal and Hillis, and added some solid defenders – though obviously not nearly enough.

The Chargers D has gotten better since Cottrell got fired, but if you promote the DC to HC you’ll still be looking. Rivers needs a few more weapons, and you’d better start looking for LT’s replacement IMO. The tread seems to be wearing thin there.

But I’d say you’re in pretty good position to hang with us as we get better, assuming you fix the head coaching issue. If you don’t pick Rivera to do it he’ll probably walk or get one of the many jobs coming free, and if you do pick him you’ll still need a defensive coordinator worth something, so that’s a bit of an issue. Time for a new NT too.

But I really hope you guys are in it for the long haul. The Chiefs are still mired in misery, though their young talent is decent, and the Raiders….guh. They’re the Raiders.

We need a good rivalry, and with as nasty as I expect Sunday’s game to be – from the crowd, to the players, to the playcalls – I think we could really make the players actually care about the rivalry.

That’d be nice for future years.

You should win this game handily – going away. If you somehow lose this game to our massively flawed team, in your building, with everything at stake, after we’ve tanked…man, heads better roll.

As inexcusable as our recent losses have been, that would be even worse for you.

Your boys had better not bring the game they brought to the first 3 quarters of the Chiefs game. Other than that, I just hope everybody makes it through healthy and that it’s a good game. We’re on the road, so we’ve got a shot to make it so.

~G

Good points! I hope we do promote Rivera and demote Norv to OC. OH wait that is the Norv - itics talking !! ( shakes head ) Fire Norv!! I really think he is a poor head coach as most here have pointed out and only good at calling plays. He is not someone that can inspire a team and light a fire!~ He lacks that skill obviously! Why AJ and Dean don't see it is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dennis Green
    I thought this was fitting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYKIcnj1MJY

and my favorite of all time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qwq7BYOnDrM

17. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sanluis View Post
    Good points! I hope we do promote Rivera and demote Norv to OC. OH wait that is the Norv - itics talking !! ( shakes head ) Fire Norv!! I really think he is a poor head coach as most here have pointed out and only good at calling plays. He is not someone that can inspire a team and light a fire!~ He lacks that skill obviously! Why AJ and Dean don't see it is beyond me.
    AJ's ego may not allow himself to get rid of Norv; it will mean admitting getting rid of Marty after a 14-2 season was a mistake.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived omac For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon Stokley

First off, both Bolts and Broncos fan's alike should be happy we still have a chance to go out and get the job done after the year we have had...

One of the best teams in the AFC right now has to have help. I doubt many would argue the Pats would beat either of our teams...

It's only fitting either the Broncos or Chargers should should at least have to earn it. I am glad you guys didn't let us back into the playoffs. We will get to see what our teams are really made of. They hate each other so their should be enough motivation to go around...

If Cutler can pull this off it will cement him as our future QB. Rivers will probably be as classless as ever, which will ensure him not making it to the pro bowl again next year.

I am surprised at how well he has done, He looks so goofy and awkward. It looks like he is tripping all over himself back there. Despite all that, he is producing with the best in the league.

Now that we have that out of the way, we have a chance to win this game. Cutler will have to carry us once again, but I believe he can do it. This could either be a great game, coming down to who has the ball last or it could be a blow out. Our young guys need a win like this to build confidence, who better then to get it from your heated rival's. Getting this win would do more for our team then even making it to the playoffs. Win or lose we need this game, I hope Shanahan pulls out all the stops...

Here's hoping for an injury free game for both sides

Asked at what point would it be in the best interest of the team to trade Cutler, McDaniels answered: "Never." Nice to see your a man of your word Josh

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived fcspikeit For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm gonna go ahead and crown them still, if you guys don't mind.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information