Thread: Thread disappearing.

Default Thread disappearing.

I was going to put this in the suggestion box, but after reading about the suggestion box I came to understand that only mods or T would be able to see this and therefore some people may miss out on submitting their thoughts. So.........

Ever since the new update to vbulliten 12.10^5 or whatever, whenever I type or post in a thread and then hit new posts, the thread I have typed in is now gone. Since, the update has been in effect it has been no real big deal but I found this was quite a pain in the sphincter when trying to post in the game day threads. I would post in the thread and if I hit new posts, to see other posts or topics, the game day thread would no longer show up under new posts. Instead, I would have to go find the forum finder and find the thread that way by jumping into broncos talk. This takes a few moments and was a pain, so I eventually just started hitting the "refresh" button, so as to keep up with the conversation in the game day thread. This worked fine but then presented me with another problem.

I was now unable to see other new topics that were being mentioned simultaneously with the game day thread. The topic of the guy getting injured, and the updates from the other games, were going on but I could not see them as I was more or less stuck in the game day thread. If I wanted to see them and hit new posts I could, but then I would have to navigate my way all the way back to the gameday thread just to pick up the discussion there.

I mention this because the other site, also went through the same update/upgrade as we did, but the other site still lets a thread you have just posted in stay or show up in the new posts list. So I know it can be done. This would really simplify navigating the forums especially when you do not want to miss anything updating quickly- like the game day thread. I think it would also help the noobs and lurkers as if they were to make a post and hit new posts they would not be able to see some threads.

So, Can we please make the adjustment so that once you have posted in a thread, and then proceed to hit new posts to move on to another thread, that the existing thread (the one you last posted in) does not disappear, and will show up. That way we are expediting the search process and allowing one to easily jump back into the old thread to supply more posts or to become updated on new information, etc.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Honestly, thats always been the case for me. The only time it remains in my new post list is if i only view the thread and dont post. If i post, it disappears until someone else posts in it.

Let me look into it. The main change that was made that caused this was changing how vBulletin tracks read threads. It used to be done with cookies, but the mobile app needs it to be done in the database. The cookie method is a "timeout" method, the DB is an instant, more accurate, but more annoying in my opinion (and yours), instant method.

When I changed to the DB method, before we upgraded, there was a way to modify the "New Posts" button with an "old method" parameter that mimicked the cookie method.

What all of that gobblygook meant, was I hear ya, I feel ya, and will see if there is anything I can do. I'll give an update soon.

Ok, the "&oldmethod=1" flag I had added when we switched to the DB method for the mobile site wasn't brought across when we then upgraded to vB4. I've added it to the "New Posts" link, so I think now it should be working like it used to. After adding it, and clicking New Posts, this thread appeared in my new posts, even though I had just posted in it. It showed up in the list of new posts non-bolded, meaning there was nothing unread in it.

See if that fixes what you are talking about. I think it does. I'll contact vBulletin support and find out if the same thing can be done with the "What's New" button. My guess is that the answer is no, and this will only work when clicking the "New Posts" button.

Clear as Starbucks coffee?

6. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Thanks! I shall give it a shot
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

yes, it worked!!!!!!!

Simply Magical Tned. Simply Magical!

The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Ok, good. I'll get with them and see if the same can be done to the "what's new" button, which I've gotten in the habit of using.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Mmmmmm, Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Mmmmmm, Starbucks
    Yea, maybe I'll drive 75 minutes each way in the morning to get a nice soy cappuccino.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, maybe I'll drive 75 minutes each way in the morning to get a nice soy cappuccino.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Forum Runner
    Nah. $5 for a cup of coffee isn't worth it. Where are you? I didn't think there was anywhere left that far from Starbucks. Shit, I was sipping Starbucks in Arifjan and Kuwait International.

Nah. $5 for a cup of coffee isn't worth it. Where are you? I didn't think there was anywhere left that far from Starbucks. Shit, I was sipping Starbucks in Arifjan and Kuwait International.
    Pretty sure the closest Starbucks to me is just outside the LR Airforce Base. There's another about the same distance in the other direction, maybe 5-10 minutes closer. We do have a McCafe!

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Pretty sure the closest Starbucks to me is just outside the LR Airforce Base. There's another about the same distance in the other direction, maybe 5-10 minutes closer. We do have a McCafe!
    Those actually aren't bad! The base in N. Little Rock? I was there training reservists quite a few times.

Those actually aren't bad! The base in N. Little Rock? I was there training reservists quite a few times.
    I usually stop in Jacksonville for a coffee when heading home from the LR area.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information