Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: If you could only keep 10 players...

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default If you could only keep 10 players...

If you were in charge of the team and you could only keep 10 guys on the current roster to be your "core" players to build around, who would they be and why?

After thinking about it, I came up with this list:

1) Von Miller - potential to be something special. Talented and athletic enough to be an impact guy once he gets some experience under his belt.

2) Rahim Moore - looks to be a pretty good cover Safety and isn't afraid to lower the shoulder and hit people.

3) Quinton Carter - call me crazy, but I love what I saw out of the guy in college. The type of guy who could be another Lynch/Dawkins type of enforcer.

4) Ryan Clady - I know some folks are down on him but I think he's still our best O-lineman and having a QB who isn't a statue would help him.

5) Chris Kuper - a very solid Guard. good at both pass protection and run blocking.

6) Orlando Franklin - I'd move him inside to Guard ASAP and let his big ass maul some DTs instead of trying to force him to out-quick speed rushers off the edge. I think he could be another Larry Allen type of beast OG. I think we're wasting his talent and confidence lining him up at RT.

7) Eric Decker - Big, great hands, and good speed. A WR that can lineup anywhere and cause mismatches.

8) Elvis Dumervil - had some injury problems of late, but when healthy, there just isn't anyone better at causing havoc in the backfield.

9) Champ Bailey - still one of the best cover corners and a great tackler. He's got a few years left at least.

10) Tim Tebow - I know, I know, some don't think he'll ever be the QB of the future for us, but his work ethic and determination are enough for him to at least merit the backup QB role even if he never becomes the franchise. Hell, he's money inside the 10 and that alone makes me want him around if for nothing else a guy who can run the naked bootleg QB keeper inside the 5 and score TDs.

So, who would you keep?

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

2. The Following 5 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Von
    Champ
    Clady
    Decker
    Doom
    Dawkins (I know he's ancient but he's ths heart and soul of the team and he's playing very well)
    Lloyd
    Woodyard
    Tebow (just curious as to what he'll do. I don't know if he'll be good but he's fun to watch)
    Rahim Moore
    Let's Rid3!!!!

4. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

1. Vonn Miller
    2. Dumervil
    3. Kuper
    4. Rahim Moore
    5. Eric Decker
    6. Matt Willis
    7. Julius Thomas
    8. Tim Tebow
    9. Ryan Clady
    10. Orlando Franklin

Ok, going to try and answer this, but scrolled down real quick without looking at posts before me. Don't want to be influenced.

To "build around" would seem to indicate long term, so Champ becomes questionable, depending on how long we're talking. Not necessarily in order.

Doom
    Von
    Clady
    DJ
    Rahim Moore
    Decker
    Julius Thomas
    Ayers
    Royal
    Franklin

Ok, now there are a couple people that could bump some of those, but today I couldn't commit to them, where if we are talking by year end, that could change.

Franklin, because I just haven't seen enough of him, he could come off the list
    Tebow, because I just haven't seen enough, don't know if I would keep him.
    D. Thomas, because I need to see him playing healthy for a little while.

The guys that could get bumped by the above would be Royal, J. Thomas & Ayers, probably in that order.
    Last edited by Tned; 09-27-2011 at 11:12 PM.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I see some of you chose Champ. The reason I didn't was that if you only get to keep 10 players, then that indicates you are going to take 2-3 or more years to fill out the rest of your roster and be competitive. By the time that happens, Champ is too old to be an impact player.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

ryan clady
    elvis dumervil
    von miller
    champ bailey
    eric decker
    chris kuper
    matt prater

aaaaand. . . . ah well, **** it-- i'll just keep seven, i guess. . . .

can i get compensatory draft picks for the other spots?

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Ayers probably should make my list. D linemen just take time. I also think Marcus Thomas should be there as well.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Doom
    Von
    Clady
    DJ
    Ayers
    Rahim Moore
    Decker
    Julius Thomas
    Ayers
    Royal
    geez, i didn't think ayers was good enough to make the list even once . . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Tebow
    Miller
    Dumervil
    Clady
    Moore
    Franklin
    Decker
    Bailey
    Kuper
    Thomas

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Prolly Brady Quinn and Tim Tebow to keep the female jersey sales strong.

17. The Following User High Fived sneakers For This Post:

I debated adding more D. The problem is this is a pass happy league and all about the O right now so I went heavy on O.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Bunkley and D Thomas are my outliers. I really like what I've seen from Bunk and I liked what I saw from Thomas prior to injury.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I have to include veterans in order to fill out my entire list.

You're building a team around Quinton Carter? Seriously?

Champ
    Doom
    Lloyd
    Von
    DJ
    Kuper
    Clady
    Dawk
    Prater
    Decker

Adopted Bronco:

i think the odds are a bit long, but carter can be nasty if he figures things out. . . he was by far my favorite pick this year aside from miller. . . i'd keep him over father time dawkins for a rebuilding team, no question. . .
    - John Elway

Quote Originally Posted by hoptard View Post
    geez, i didn't think ayers was good enough to make the list even once . . . .
    Lol, no wonder I felt I should have one more spot.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information