Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: McCoy is the real problem...

Quote Originally Posted by nevcraw View Post
    I do like how the defense is shaping up. without Doom and Champ and they did a very good job yesteerday until the levy finally broke.
    I do agree, but behind the curtains I think there are some issues.

The defense is headed in the right direction, but Champ continues to age and Dawkins is going to be done in the next couple of years. Dumerville is looking like someone who's body can't stay healthy with the rigors of the NFL game coming off his surgery, and there should be a real concern if he's ever going to be fully healthy for an extended period of time.

I don't care what anyone says about our dline. We still need a formidable DT, but both Vickerson and Bunkley are playing very well right now on a consistent basis.

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56:1373779
    I refuse to blame the coaching staff for our failure to convert on 4th and goal. That's execution. Fox will establish a running game or die trying. If our offesive line and the players can't punch it into the endzone on 4 tries inside the 5, then they are the ones at fault.

Is it any wonder that the only game we've won we were able to run the ball and orton wasn't responsible for leading a comeback? The coaches KNOW that Orton cannot win games so they're trying to take the ball out of his hands and give him the help he so desperately needs to be even a marginal QB.

First, folks hate on them for not running the ball and "helping Orton out", then folks hate on them for not passing inside the 5 because they don't trust Orton not to just throw it away 3 straight times, take a sack, or get it batted down at the LOS. You can't have it both ways.

I have no problem with the 4th down call and I have no problem with the Broncos trying to establish a smash-mouth running game. For those of you who don't like it, why did the Bills beat the Patriots? Because the Pats had to respect Fred Jackson's running ability which made it easier for Fitzpatrick.

We are a banged up team that is devoid of some of our most talented players. We're a stinky football team. Did anyone expect more? Seriously, the same guys complaining about the team not winning right now are the same ones that complained about wanting to rebuild the right way. I think we're trying to rebuild the right way. It's going to take time, experience, and a couple of better players at some key positions. The coaching staff is still trying to make lemonade out of a bunch of lemons. After this year, they'll have a better grasp of where we stand and what we need to do. At least a couple of the rookies we drafted are living up to their draft status. That hasn't happened since '06...
    Well said.

People wanted them just to be competitve this year. They are. 2-3pt losses to 1st place teams.

Then, after losing a game some thought theyd lose anyway....but because it was close, are even more pissed.

Willis-PS wr last yr
    VGreen-rookie project
    Lloyd≠100%
    No Royal
    Decker with 1 nice game on his resume?

Y'all really expected Tenn to be worried?

No doom
    No champ
    No DJ

Y'all expected the D to stop the pass?

I'll take close losses as long as the other team knows they were in a battle, and this team garners some respect.

Ps. Irony: winning TD caught by ex bronco te who couldnt catch a cold.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Woody Paige: One yard, so many arguments

a few things from article in regards to going for it on 4th down:

McGahee finally told me: "The play was to run at right guard. Everybody has to be on the same page. That's all I'm going to say about that."

"As fast as it was all happening, did you change your direction?" I asked.

"Didn't have time. It just ended up in the middle. That's all I'm going to say."
    full article - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18977269

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Tebow would have jumped over everybody in for the touchdown!

5. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    a few things from article in regards to going for it on 4th down:

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_18977269
    Nothing like throwing your OL under the bus.

I mean, we all know the OL can't run block...but McGahee doesn't need to be yapping about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Interesting that McGahee is indicating that the rookie Franklin is already a better run blocker than Clady.

I cannot stop continuing to emphasize just how much of a disappointment Ryan Clady is right now.
    Franklin is a guard playing tackle. He's huge, and should be a better run blocker. Clady has only ever played extremely well in the ZBS, which is what he ran in college and how he looked spectacular here. He kept I-hold-the-ball-for-10-seconds Jay Cutler's jersey immaculate. He got one block, then released for the 2nd block on screens and edge runs. He was terrific at zone, and still is very good when we run it.

But if you asked me which side I wanted to run to, I'd run behind the 50 million dollar man Chris Kuper and giant juggernaut Franklin rather than Clady and his partner and waste of space Beadles.

Nobody can carry Beadles. You've got to run the other way.

Run blocking the way we do it is not a skill, it's a matter of brute strength and leverage. Franklin has brute strength. Next year when we move him to LG and let him kill people next to Clady, we'll be running that was as well. No worries. We're just short-handed and under-talented right now.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Nothing like throwing your OL under the bus.

I mean, we all know the OL can't run block...but McGahee doesn't need to be yapping about it.
    Maybe yes, maybe no, as far as what McGahee said. The reason I posted this here is because of the thread title - i.e. McCoy is the real problem. McCoy calls a play - and if it is not run correctly, that is not McCoy's fault.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico:1374182
    Interesting that McGahee is indicating that the rookie Franklin is already a better run blocker than Clady.

I cannot stop continuing to emphasize just how much of a disappointment Ryan Clady is right now.
    Ship him to kube or shanny for a D lineman.
    Bitter Clinger. Deal with it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Beadles must go...our interior line is horribly weak.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Beadles must go...our interior line is horribly weak.
    He is a great....backup. We need depth anyways.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Beadles should be a backup. He's no worse than most there. He'd be the best backup lineman we have, instead of the worst starter - that helps.

If we need to draft a QB, though, then we can't get an OT with that first pick, which would be my preference. There are some tackles that would be available in the high 2nd, I would think, and who could play RT for a RH QB (one of the reasons we need a tackle REALLY high if Tebow is QB is because Franklin is absolutely gonna get him murdered long-term if he's the blind-side protection).

But then that pushes our DT needs back down the list for the dozenth year in a row. The whole draft plays out better if Tebow isn't incompetent, especially since I don't think we'll be high enough to get Luck, and I'm not sold on Barkley or Landry yet.

Tebow's got the direct line to God, right? Have him put in a prayer for his success from me.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

If we are going to draft oline in the first I would rather draft a LT which would then make Clady expendable, and we could look to trade him to a team running ZBS. That is best case scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Franklin is a guard playing tackle. He's huge, and should be a better run blocker. Clady has only ever played extremely well in the ZBS, which is what he ran in college and how he looked spectacular here. He kept I-hold-the-ball-for-10-seconds Jay Cutler's jersey immaculate. He got one block, then released for the 2nd block on screens and edge runs. He was terrific at zone, and still is very good when we run it.

But if you asked me which side I wanted to run to, I'd run behind the 50 million dollar man Chris Kuper and giant juggernaut Franklin rather than Clady and his partner and waste of space Beadles.

Run blocking the way we do it is not a skill, it's a matter of brute strength and leverage. Franklin has brute strength. Next year when we move him to LG and let him kill people next to Clady, we'll be running that was as well. No worries. We're just short-handed and under-talented right now.

~G
    Not to mention that teams have historically preferred to run to the right (and usually strong side) of formations, so the better run blockers tend to play on that side.
    “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.”

--Vince Lombardi

17. The Following User High Fived Bosco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post

~G
    You really think they will move Franklin to guard? When they drafted him, they said his natural position was tackle, but that he could play guard. I guess if they think he's failing at the NFL level, they might change their mind.

Studesville is a likeable guy but he isnt that great of a RB coach. If this team does as bad as last year I can see an overhaul on the offense coming.

Royal will likely be traded. I see no point in keeping Larsen, yes he made a good catch last night but he isnt the bruising FB we need. McCoy is off the wall with his play calling, I just dont get most of his calls when the game is on the line.

I think we looking at a new OC and RB coach when the year ends. Possibly OL coach too. Then we need a better RB and QB.

The defense has been impressing me though. Not top 10 impressing but at least we can see glimpses of what is to come. Bunkley has been a beast! Miller looks more and more like the right decision. But were still a few pieces away.

Still alot of work for this team though.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information