Thread: What moves did your team make so far this Winter?

Default What moves did your team make so far this Winter?

Well, the Mariners got rid of J.J. Putz, along with Sean Green and promising propsect Luis Valuebena and acquired a lot of talent, most notably Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians; along with top prospect Mike Carp from the Mets, along with some other interesting young talents including left-hander Jason Vargas, right-hander Maikel Cleto and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera.

Aaron Heilman and Endy Chavez were also included; and bring some big-league help to the Mariners roster.

The Mariners also got Jose Lugo [From Royals, via Twins -- cash consideraton] and Reegie Corona in the Rule 5 Draft; which should help us with an arm and utility infielder in the majors.

Last but not least, the Mariners will get the Type A compensation as the Phillies have signed Raul Ibanez.

I like these moves, especially getting a great defender in Gutierrez to play center in Safeco and all the young talent as well. It's what Seattle definitely needed; and with the additional picks coming in the draft -- it's a good time to be a Mariners fan.

Rockies got rid of Matt Holliday (idiots). Fuentes is looking to go, we have Huston Street and Embree.

The earlier talk of ditching Atkins has died down, but to Snapp's disgust, there is now talk of ditching Bucholz and Barmes.
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

3. The Following User High Fived Kapaibro For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Eddie Royal

Added C - Ramon Hernandez, P Arthur Rhodes

Gone - Ryan Freel

Same old, the Reds will tinker with the line up but not be a threat to do anything this year.

5. The Following User High Fived Flatinum For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

O's added Freel and Izturis. In the hunt for Teixiera, but I'm not holding too much hope that we land the hometown kid. The Yanks have already dropped a quarter of a BILLION dollars on 2 stud pitchers and them and the Red Sox are looking to get in on Tex.

You'll never find a bigger lover of baseball than me, but if MLB doesnt do something about these two teams, I'm out. I know the spending doesnt always equate to winning, but no one else has a chance...especially teams in that division. yes, the Rays did well this year, but let's face it...they still cant compete with the financial giants in the northeast.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

We got rid of our franchise player and best pitcher and replaced them with journeymen and prospects...

Maybe MLB will follow the AFL's lead and cancel the 2009 season.

We brought the galaxy and put a down payment on the universe.

9. The Following User High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Devilspawn View Post
    We brought the galaxy and put a down payment on the universe.
    DS I think Sabathia will do quite well in NY.

I cant say the same for AJ "I am always on the DL except for contract years" Burnett, who I think is very overrated IMO. Great stuff but breaks down.

Last year was a career year at a convenient time IMHO

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/...drf01hncCFCLcF

11. The Following User High Fived Medford Bronco For This Post:

The Mariners was this year's Lions as far as stats go. I think anything they can do can only go up from Sept 30th.
    This space available for lease.

13. The Following User High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Mets got Putz and K-rod. They have made a few other so/so moves. They need to resign Oliver Perez. He is up and down, but they really need his arm in the rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Mets got Putz and K-rod. They have made a few other so/so moves. They need to resign Oliver Perez. He is up and down, but they really need his arm in the rotation.
    My condolences (for Putz).
    This space available for lease.

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Well, the Mariners got rid of J.J. Putz, along with Sean Green and promising propsect Luis Valuebena and acquired a lot of talent, most notably Franklin Gutierrez from the Indians; along with top prospect Mike Carp from the Mets, along with some other interesting young talents including left-hander Jason Vargas, right-hander Maikel Cleto and outfielder Ezequiel Carrera.

Aaron Heilman and Endy Chavez were also included; and bring some big-league help to the Mariners roster.

The Mariners also got Jose Lugo [From Royals, via Twins -- cash consideraton] and Reegie Corona in the Rule 5 Draft; which should help us with an arm and utility infielder in the majors.

Last but not least, the Mariners will get the Type A compensation as the Phillies have signed Raul Ibanez.

I like these moves, especially getting a great defender in Gutierrez to play center in Safeco and all the young talent as well. It's what Seattle definitely needed; and with the additional picks coming in the draft -- it's a good time to be a Mariners fan.
    all of ^ this stuff, apparently... go ichiro!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

We signed a relief pitcher.....

we replaced a couple of burnt out light bulbs at P&C Park.......

GO PIRATES....
    My 5 favorite teams:
    1.The Denver Broncos
    2.The Ohio State Buckeyes
    3.Any team that plays Michigan
    4.The Pittsburgh Pirates
    5.Oklahoma Lady Sooners Basketball Team

"Don't squander what you're given....make the most of precious time.....life's not only for the living...it's what you leave behind.....Brad Delp & Barry Goudreau

19. The Following User High Fived broncophan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dennis Smith #49

Signed Woods to be the Closer.

Made the trade with Cicero's Mariners and got Valuebena to compete in ST at 2nd and Joe Smith from Mets to help stabilize the bullpen.
    A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's: She changes it more often.
    Oliver Herford

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information