Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day Thread: Cincinnati @ Denver 9/18/11

Oh baby....Decker interview with no shirt!!!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I don't think one has anything to do with the other.
    The biggest issue for Cincinnati is solidifying both of their lines, so I stand by what I said. If they fix both sides of the line, I would bet money they'll see the playoffs within a season or two.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Oh baby....Decker interview with no shirt!!!
    So why cant you mod without one? Post it in your avy. Take a lesson from Deck!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Dont know about all of you, but that win feels like shit. Let them back in the game, Orton was his normal full of shit crap. Tebow as wr. 2 starting wr'7- holy shit. we're bad.
    I'm actually feeling pretty good. Might be the Stella, but I think it's the W. I didn't like how Fox/McCoy started trying to run the clock out with 23 minutes on the clock. The offense lost any momentum they had, and never got it turned back on.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    5 or 6 more. We aren't a good team, but neither are we a bottom dwelling chump team either. Slightly sub-par is more accurate IMO. You are right, BTW, that being without Knowshon may be a wash. Being without Lloyd again forced Orton to use other receivers, so maybe a wash there too.

Anyone else happy we don't have Matt Cassell?
    The suckers stuck in traffic 5 days a week going to a job they hate need to enjoy it for a week.

Football season is short.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

9. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm actually feeling pretty good. Might be the Stella, but I think it's the W. I didn't like how Fox/McCoy started trying to run the clock out with 23 minutes on the clock. The offense lost any momentum they had, and never got it turned back on.
    Completely moronic.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Glad to see a Broncos win... Not used to it anymore...

That being said... We sure tried to give it away... D held when it mattered most, but they sure could've used some help from the offense there towards the end. If we could've mustered a little ball movement in the fourth I don't think they would've closed to within two.

A lot of positives coming away, better play along both lines, better run game, etc. Still a TON to work on, but it got better. In the end, that's all I can ask for, improvement.

Kyle looked better at times, but reared his ugly head with the same old shit. That fumble was on Orton. #1 he held it too long, #2 he wasn't doing anything to protect the ball. He had time to either throw it away or try to move in the pocket, he did neither. Yes, the Oline should be protecting better than that, but there was enough time to do more than let it get stripped.

I'm pleased with the W. Hopefully we keep seeing improvement. Good job Broncos. Glad to see Von get his first real sack, and he even had some good plays in the run game including a tackle for loss. Ayers looked better, heard his name called a few times. Doesn't look like we had any more serious injuries, and if we get our walking wounded back for game 3 I expect an even more competitive team.

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Game ball to the D, who had just enough to hold on despite the offense continually putting them in awful situations in the fourth. I'm not saying Tebow should start, but if Fox has so little faith in Orton that he's calling runs on 3rd and 14 we need a new QB, a new coach or both. Of course, another part of me cringes at what might ensue if Orton is pulled, because I don't think Tebow is ready to start under center and when teams start collecting flavor of the month QBs it's a sure sign they'll be drafting highly for (at least) the next several years (e.g. the '06 Raiders when they managed to get Aaron Brooks sacked 26 times--and Andrew Walter 46 more.) I know we're banged up, but injuries didn't cause the two fumbles that nearly cost us the game against a team so weak we're only playing them because they ALSO finished last in their 2010 Division. An ugly win is still a win, and I'll take it, but this did nothing to allay my fears about the rest of the season (which involves games against the NFC North and AFC East, which is to say, 3 of the 4 teams in last years Conference Championships, plus the Pats.) Am I just asking for trouble if I suggest maybe we should give Quinn a chance? 'Cos anyone who needs to know how Orton plays with a porous offensive line can check with Bears fans, who'll be happy to tell them at length.

Isn't it odd that the difference in both our last two home games against Cincy was a PAT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    The biggest issue for Cincinnati is solidifying both of their lines, so I stand by what I said. If they fix both sides of the line, I would bet money they'll see the playoffs within a season or two.
    To be tangential, as is my wont, you can pretty much say that about any team at just about any level: A really good offensive AND defensive line will immediately make them title contenders, but that's because awful linemen are usually what put cellar dwellers there in the first place; it's not a sign of talent at other positions. Again I cite the '06 Faders, whose only good lineman was wearing a headset; their lines were so awful they actually thought picking up Cooper Carlisle was an IMPROVEMENT.
    Last edited by Joel; 09-18-2011 at 07:08 PM.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Completely moronic.
    Hey, cute Avvy or not, don't call me moronic!

15. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Hey, cute Avvy or not, don't call me moronic!
    Not you dillweed.

Good win today. The defense was absent Champ, DJ, and Dumerville, not to mention we had two rookies starting. Offense looked improved without Llyod and Royal. Can't really complain with the result with all the key players missing, regardless if it was against Cincinnati. Chargers, Chiefs, and Raiders all lost today too! Great day to be a Broncos fan!

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Told you.

Dalton is a stud though.
    Don't think he looks good at all. the broncos and Green sure made him look a lot better then he is but he literally stares down the receivers and progressions suck.

He doews not look horrible by all means but he will only be an avg QB in this league IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not you dillweed.
    Ohhh, ok, but I still want to

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

I know it's kind of a shitty win, but I have to admit to being a little giddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    absolutly they have some talented players on their team. You add a CB and safety in that mix. They will be legit.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information