Thread: I don't get it

Default I don't get it

Well,

First of all, it's not a TT thread.
    I just really don't understand Broncos strategy... Why the hell Orton is starting over TT? Especially after this infamous opener against Raiders...

Ok, our lines badly sucked. But to be honest, we have too many issues to believe to make it to the playoffs.

Nobody in this organization has the guts to say where are rebuilding?
    I'm sick of that... I'd prefer to hear "ok, it's rebuild time and we have a 3 or 4 year plan to become a great team again" than to have hope and be so disappointed then.

I have to say though that I liked our draft plan... But our issues won't disappear with only 1 draft...

This team needs at least 3 years to come back... Plain and simple... I can accept it but I expect the organization to make the right decisions. Playing Orton is not a good one... I don't think Orton is a bad QB... Just an average one who needs a great D and a great running game... We don't have that (or I need to change my spectacles).

So, why don't play TT and see what we have in him?
    I mean, he's not ready? Well, I'd accept him to make mistakes and let him grow. After 15 games, we'll know if he has a NFL potential or not...
    Then we could have a draft plan (and a 3 year strategy).
    If he sucks so bad, we can get a QB (Luck?). If he's worth enough, we go with him and get a DL and build a real D (I'm sick of seeing a D than can let my Grand Ma running all over the field).

Please, explain me...
    What the hell is that to "hope" winning 7 or 8 games? NO, please, I can wait some years but just give us a team who will hope to play the SB and be a real contender.
    Stop this garbage and do the job !

I'm sick.
    Froggy's back !

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived frenchfan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    Well,

First of all, it's not a TT thread.
    I just really don't understand Broncos strategy... Why the hell Orton is starting over TT? Especially after this infamous opener against Raiders...

Ok, our lines badly sucked. But to be honest, we have too many issues to believe to make it to the playoffs.

Nobody in this organization has the guts to say where are rebuilding?
    I'm sick of that... I'd prefer to hear "ok, it's rebuild time and we have a 3 or 4 year plan to become a great team again" than to have hope and be so disappointed then.

I have to say though that I liked our draft plan... But our issues won't disappear with only 1 draft...

This team needs at least 3 years to come back... Plain and simple... I can accept it but I expect the organization to make the right decisions. Playing Orton is not a good one... I don't think Orton is a bad QB... Just an average one who needs a great D and a great running game... We don't have that (or I need to change my spectacles).

So, why don't play TT and see what we have in him?
    I mean, he's not ready? Well, I'd accept him to make mistakes and let him grow. After 15 games, we'll know if he has a NFL potential or not...
    Then we could have a draft plan (and a 3 year strategy).
    If he sucks so bad, we can get a QB (Luck?). If he's worth enough, we go with him and get a DL and build a real D (I'm sick of seeing a D than can let my Grand Ma running all over the field).

Please, explain me...
    What the hell is that to "hope" winning 7 or 8 games? NO, please, I can wait some years but just give us a team who will hope to play the SB and be a real contender.
    Stop this garbage and do the job !

I'm sick.
    You have conflicting agendas on the Broncos.

Uhmmm... yeah. If you don't think this was meant to be a Tebow thread, I'm betting you can find 10 threads that discuss this exact.. I mean EXACT.. same topic ad naseum.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I believe that the Broncos think (maybe thought) that they have a real shot at winning the division and getting in the playoffs. Most of the roster moves were clearly done with an eye towards the future, while still getting some "now" improvement, but even with an eye on building for the future, they are trying to win now.

I think it's as simple as that. Does Tebow's contract escalators play in? Possibly,/probably, but I don't think that's the primary issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I believe that the Broncos think (maybe thought) that they have a real shot at winning the division and getting in the playoffs. Most of the roster moves were clearly done with an eye towards the future, while still getting some "now" improvement, but even with an eye on building for the future, they are trying to win now.

I think it's as simple as that. Does Tebow's contract escalators play in? Possibly,/probably, but I don't think that's the primary issue.
    Yeah, I see your point... Anyway, do you really believe they can make the playoffs with such a bad DL?

To be honest, I was really disappointed by our O. I expected it to be better, especially in the running game...
    I didn't see many improvement about our D... I liked Von Miller (what a great 1st play in the NFL ... i mean regular games)... but he has things to learn too.

OK, we can also blame injuries, but that's football... With this lack of depth in our roster, I don't really expect us to have a chance about playoffs (unless some prayers ).

@Ravage : If you think it's a TT thread, that's ok... I didn't say we should start TT over Orton because Orton sucks... But to have a plan about Broncos' future. That what I think this thread is about... Anyway, everyone has the right to have his/her own point. That's ok.
    IMO, the best plan for our future is to play TT and see what we have... I don't care who will lead us as long as we are successful... I've nothing against Orton or Quinn or whoever... Personnaly, I would love to see Rodgers here...

Peace.
    Froggy's back !

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfan View Post
    Yeah, I see your point... Anyway, do you really believe they can make the playoffs with such a bad DL?

To be honest, I was really disappointed by our O. I expected it to be better, especially in the running game...
    I didn't see many improvement about our D... I liked Von Miller (what a great 1st play in the NFL ... i mean regular games)... but he has things to learn too.
    I don't think the DL is as bad as many fear. In fact, next week when we get Marcus Thomas back, and hopefully Doom near full strength, I still think the front seven will turn out to be a strength on the team.

I also think the offense will be the make or break on this team, and will be better than they showed on Monday. However, I don't think it's going to be dynamic, because it appears that once again we will struggle in the RZ and on third downs.

I don't think the DL is as bad as many fear. In fact, next week when we get Marcus Thomas back, and hopefully Doom near full strength, I still think the front seven will turn out to be a strength on the team.

I also think the offense will be the make or break on this team, and will be better than they showed on Monday. However, I don't think it's going to be dynamic, because it appears that once again we will struggle in the RZ and on third downs.
    I don't know, Tned. Thomas has been extremely average over the course of his career. I'm not sure that he will make much of a difference.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    I don't know, Tned. Thomas has been extremely average over the course of his career. I'm not sure that he will make much of a difference.
    Only time will tell. His rookie year, he didn't play much. The last two years, in the 3-4, he didn't have an ideal position. He was being used as an end, and sometimes at NT. Now that the team is back to a 4-3 and he's playing a traditional DT role, I'm hoping he's very solid.

Only time will tell. His rookie year, he didn't play much. The last two years, in the 3-4, he didn't have an ideal position. He was being used as an end, and sometimes at NT. Now that the team is back to a 4-3 and he's playing a traditional DT role, I'm hoping he's very solid.
    Me too. I just wish I was more optimistic.
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Me too. I just wish I was more optimistic.
    The game on Monday took a lot of air out of my optimism.

12. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Frenchie!
    This space available for lease.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information