Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: suck for Luck = lame fan

Default suck for Luck = lame fan

Wanting your team to lose games? What is up with that nonsense? Love the team, get excited for the good things going on with this team, the new and lock out rested Brian Dawkins who is playing like an animal, Von Miller is going to be the heart and soul of this defense, finally a defensive minded coach who (along with the organization) are looking to build this team through the draft. I dont understand how someone could turn on their team and actually want them to lose so we could have a CHANCE at drafting a QB, that's ignorant. Enjoy the season, cheer for your team and get excited for wins!

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoBowlby 88 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBowlby 88 View Post
    Wanting your team to lose games? What is up with that nonsense? Love the team, get excited for the good things going on with this team, the new and lock out rested Brian Dawkins who is playing like an animal, Von Miller is going to be the heart and soul of this defense, finally a defensive minded coach who (along with the organization) are looking to build this team through the draft. I dont understand how someone could turn on their team and actually want them to lose so we could have a CHANCE at drafting a QB, that's ignorant. Enjoy the season, cheer for your team and get excited for wins!
    No one's turned on the team, just a fair majority are tired of mediocrity and that's where we are at this time!
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

4. The Following 5 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I agree to a point.

Wanting your team to lose is crappy no matter what as a fan. But, i think for some they just dont believe we will win many games as it is. Some have no faith in ANY of the QB's we have and would much rather wash them all out. Fox is a great defensive guy but has a track record of 3 winning seasons out of 9 so despite some of the upside of a better defense at the end of the day you still have to win games as a HC. This team is rebuilding and has a long way to go.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Jesus H ........ You know what dude? We suck anyways! Suck 4 Luck is just something fun to say while the inevitable losing is happening. I don't give a rip anyways what some fan policeman thinks about my status as a fan. mcDaniels and company ripped this freaking team apart in a way that will hurt us for many seasons. Getting a few more high draft positions (and more importantly choosing the right players with them) is what we truly need to accelerate the process. Even if we were lucky enough to go 8-8 and slither into the playoffs, do you really want to see a 55-0 ass whoopin once we got in with this team? Because that is what you would see. I'd rather see us develop the young players we have and fortify them with high round peers next April, so we can start fielding teams that actually HAVE a chance in the playoffs. So ******* sue me.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Settling for 4 to 8 wins year after year is lame.

Not having the lomg term vision to realize that drafting Andrew Luck is a much better thing for this franchise than winning 3 more games this season. I would take 2-14 and Andrew Luck over 5-11 or 6-10 any day. If that makes me a lame fan sobeit.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following 4 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I think the only time I actually ROOTED for Denver to lose, was last season so that we could get McDaniels out of here as soon as possible. It actually hurt me to root against my team, but after we would lose, I would feel a little smile creeping across my lips as I would think to myself "**** you, mcdickhead."
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

12. The Following 4 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Default Rooting for Broncos to lose?.......

Call it what you want, l call it "Rooting for the Broncos to fix a huge mistake and finally overhaul a pathetic and thoroughly dysfunctional QB situation".

What l call ignorant is pretending that 1-15 is a bad thing.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Btw, for me it doesn't have to be Luck either, at this point it could be Jones or Barkley.

I have no doubt that l'm the only Broncos fan that wouldn't hate seeing the team go 3-45 over the next 3 seasons, as despicable as that may be, l can assure that l am rooting for what l think is best for the Broncos every bit as much as you are.

Getting behind an otherwise 5-8 win team and rooting/motivating/supporting them on to a championship makes a fine Disney movie, but l'm not interested in much of anything between that and another Top3 pick. And it's not like the important pieces couldn't survive a bad season after the whirlpool of bullshit that Leper Messiah left behind.

Either way, the way Broncos fans have been acting lately, l sincerely doubt that the players care what we think anyway. As if they ever did.......
    Last edited by Simple Jaded; 09-17-2011 at 07:55 PM.
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Link View Post
    Either way, the way Broncos fans have been acting lately, l sincerely doubt that the players care what we think anyway. As if they ever did.......
    You're probably dead on with this comment, I would say about about 90% of the players today don't give a shit about the fans, unlike the players of 90's, 80's or further back - that's what happens when they make more money then most television or film stars...I would say that money ruined the game far more then even the stupid crap Goodell has been doing.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

yea stupidest shit I've ever heard. I'm all about winning games, even if it means go back to our 8-8 ways. Some people are mainly just fans of getting high draft picks and hoping for them all to pan out and then win games with them. I'd rather win now, then to be the joke of the league and have to hope Luck pans out to what everyone believes he will be. Even if we suck badly this year and end up with the #1 pick. I hope we either trade it down or don't draft Luck, just to piss everyone around here off.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

19. The Following User High Fived BroncoBJ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    yea stupidest shit I've ever heard. I'm all about winning games, even if it means go back to our 8-8 ways. Some people are mainly just fans of getting high draft picks and hoping for them all to pan out and then win games with them. I'd rather win now, then to be the joke of the league and have to hope Luck pans out to what everyone believes he will be. Even if we suck badly this year and end up with the #1 pick. I hope we either trade it down or don't draft Luck, just to piss everyone around here off.
    Hoping your team, a team with a pathetic QB situation, passes on one of the best QB prospects in the last decade just to spite people you don't even know? Yeah, stupidest shit I've ever heard.

If your team would be that ****** stupid then they/you deserve 8-8.......
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoBJ View Post
    That's the stupidest shit I've heard BJ, the point of the league is not to be mediocre, it's to win and not simply win half the games on the schedule but to be contenders. Haven't you heard the term 'there is no reward for second place'?

Do you really think that any team in this league is happy with mediocrity? Because that's what a .500 record is, it's utter mediocrity. Most of us would prefer to have a couple bad seasons then to eventually actually be contenders, win playoff games and possibly make it to the Super Bowl again. 8-8 teams don't usually see the playoffs and when they do it shows why they're an incapable ball club!

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Winning Is Everything/Win At All Cost doesn't apply for the most part, reasonable people know that there isn't much tangible difference between 8-8 and 1-15.

No, most people that argue against Luck are people who already have a dog in the hunt, as is always the case, Tim Tebow.

There are other people that actually think that you do put cart before the horse, but for the most part it's The Tebow thing.......
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    6th round— Cash Jones RB

25. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    You know what dude? We suck anyways! Suck 4 Luck is just something fun to say while the inevitable losing is happening. I don't give a rip anyways what some fan policeman thinks about my status as a fan. mcDaniels and company ripped this freaking team apart in a way that will hurt us for many seasons. Getting a few more high draft positions (and more importantly choosing the right players with them) is what we truly need to accelerate the process. Even if we were lucky enough to go 8-8 and slither into the playoffs, do you really want to see a 55-0 ass whoopin once we got in with this team? Because that is what you would see. I'd rather see us develop the young players we have and fortify them with high round peers next April, so we can start fielding teams that actually HAVE a chance in the playoffs. So ******* sue me.

excellent post.....couldnt of said it any better.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

27. Default

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Jesus H ........ You know what dude? We suck anyways! Suck 4 Luck is just something fun to say while the inevitable losing is happening. I don't give a rip anyways what some fan policeman thinks about my status as a fan. mcDaniels and company ripped this freaking team apart in a way that will hurt us for many seasons. Getting a few more high draft positions (and more importantly choosing the right players with them) is what we truly need to accelerate the process. Even if we were lucky enough to go 8-8 and slither into the playoffs, do you really want to see a 55-0 ass whoopin once we got in with this team? Because that is what you would see. I'd rather see us develop the young players we have and fortify them with high round peers next April, so we can start fielding teams that actually HAVE a chance in the playoffs. So ******* sue me.
    Yes, I admit it, I am that guy that would love to see the Broncos add 4 wins, and get into the playoffs. Because, guess what dude, thats called an improvement. That would mean that EFX has this team on the right track. So forgive me for hoping that the team can win now, and that we are miles away from being in a position to draft Luck next year.

And just for clarifications sake, if we draft Luck next year great! But you will never hear me wish for a loss, or count a season over (especially after one game) just to cheer and be happy that we get to draft #1 overall. LAME

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information