Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Broncos- Tim Tebow's High School Coach here:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Great post. Just be sure to tell your son not to write any books anytime soon. He might get labeled as a selfish a-hole.
    And for goodness sake make sure he has a league authorized motion.

2. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Best thing about my son...he takes it in stride and does his job. In a way, its a good lesson to learn.

No matter how good you are at something, there is always someone above you that can diminish it and screw you.
    Amen, brother. Amen.

4. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

I think im going to advise my son (a Broncos fan who wasnt happy we drafted Tebow. Lol) to ask for jersey #15

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    This will stray from the topic a bit, but it leaves me wishing all HS coaches were like Tim's. My son is a junior and is a 6'4", 240 lb DE and TE. His high school has a good team, but scouting reports say their weak DL will keep them from competing. My son is better than most of the varsity linemen, but because he went on vacation with his family during spring break instead of attending "mandatory" spring practices...the coaches relegated him to the JV squad, where they have him playing DT...a position he's never played or practiced at before.

After 3 games on JV, he has 24 tackles, 9 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 FF, 5 receptions for 42 yards and 1 TD (team has only thrown 9 passes).

Yet...he still will not be promoted to help the weak varsity DL because the coach wants to prove a point. The same coach that has ended the careers of 2 good players by forcing them to practice and workout through injuries.

What makes this all sting more, is my son has been approached by a Texas Tech scout...but cant show his abilities.

My point to all of this is it makes me wonder how many athletes never get a chance to prove anything due to idiot coaches and their politics. How many All Star athletes are working regular jobs because of poor decisions by coaches in their lives? Not to assume my son would play D1 football or ever play in the NFL, but i'd like to see him be given the opportunity to prove it on his own.

Same with Tebow. It seems he's relegated to the assumption that his mechanics and style will never allow him to succeed. I know coaches are paid to make those decisions, but i'd also like to see him get the opportunity to prove it one way or the other before we potentially throw away a winner. Just like my son's high school...what do we have to lose? We're already weak at the position. At some point, we have to see what we have instead of holding off just to prove a point.

Kind of a long way to make my point, but I guess when you can relate to it, it creates a different perspective
    We had the same situation on our high school basketball team. I was benched for leaving during morning practices to visit my ailing Grandfather in Florida. Then our senior year we had a kid from Redlands CA transfer in. 6'10" could handle, shoot and jump out of the gym. Literally any coaches wet dream. Great kid but didn't like to kiss ass. He ended up at the bottom of the bench while our team which lacked size, got dominated in the paint. The worst part was the young man had made the Nike all Southern California team as a junior in high school and went from being on every team in the Pac 10s radar to playing JC ball as our head coach told recruiters he had a horrible attitude.

That situation crushes his confidence, and really ruined his love for the game. I've got stories like that for days. I coached a kid in BCI and AAU that is still to this day the best all around basketball player I've seen. Great vision, unbelievable passer, and defender and could hit from anywhere on the floor. Transferred schools his sophomore year and never saw the court again. It ruined the game for him. He lost his trust for the process and coaches. He's gone on to success in other realms, but when his team won the Nuggets 3on3 a few years ago, it at least provided some vindication for him and for all of the rest of us who knew the kind of player he was.

High school coaches have a huge responsibility to set aside their egos and realize that they are coaching kids. Their actions can have a huge impact on kids for the good or as we see in so many cases, they can destroy their confidence and ruin their love for the sport they play.

8. The Following 9 Users High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Smile Thanks Coach

Coach Hartle, thanks for the great post. Being a Floridian and a Univ. of Florida alum., I sit here thinking what in the world is going on with the Bronco organization? I can not understand why they aren't putting Tebow out there on the field? Why can't they see what so many of us see? Tebowmaniacs, as we are referred to, are his fans because this man does not fail. He is driven and makes things happen. Give him a legitimate chance to show what he can do. I became a Bronco fan the second Tebow was drafted. If they don't do right by him, fan no more. If they don't intend to legitimately see what they have in him, then trade him. If that were to happen, then stand back Bronco organization. If he goes to another team and is given the opportunity to show what we all know he can do (and show with the first string), you will have to stand back in wonder. He is a sleeping giant. This has been proven before. Players that have taunted him have been run over. Cris Collinsworth commented that he knew Florida was going to win the BCS National Championship when, during pre-game warm ups, a player from Oklahoma got in Tebow's face and gave him hell. Collinsworth, knowing the player Tebow was, knew Oklahoma lost the game before one down was even played. What happened in the game, Florida creamed Oklahoma. Who was the driver of that team? If you don't want him, trade him. You'll motivate him even more to succeed with his new team. He will show you every week what you gave up on. Wake up Bronco organization, what are you afraid of? Mark these words, McDaniels will be remembered for making the right call with Tebow. I'm afraid that the Bronco organization will be foolish and let this prize slip through their fingers. WAKE UP!

10. The Following User High Fived BirdieB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    We had the same situation on our high school basketball team. I was benched for leaving during morning practices to visit my ailing Grandfather in Florida. Then our senior year we had a kid from Redlands CA transfer in. 6'10" could handle, shoot and jump out of the gym. Literally any coaches wet dream. Great kid but didn't like to kiss ass. He ended up at the bottom of the bench while our team which lacked size, got dominated in the paint. The worst part was the young man had made the Nike all Southern California team as a junior in high school and went from being on every team in the Pac 10s radar to playing JC ball as our head coach told recruiters he had a horrible attitude.

That situation crushes his confidence, and really ruined his love for the game. I've got stories like that for days. I coached a kid in BCI and AAU that is still to this day the best all around basketball player I've seen. Great vision, unbelievable passer, and defender and could hit from anywhere on the floor. Transferred schools his sophomore year and never saw the court again. It ruined the game for him. He lost his trust for the process and coaches. He's gone on to success in other realms, but when his team won the Nuggets 3on3 a few years ago, it at least provided some vindication for him and for all of the rest of us who knew the kind of player he was.

High school coaches have a huge responsibility to set aside their egos and realize that they are coaching kids. Their actions can have a huge impact on kids for the good or as we see in so many cases, they can destroy their confidence and ruin their love for the sport they play.
    The biggest issue my son's coach has is he thinks he's a college/NFL coach. At those levels, you can draft/recruit the players that fit your scheme. In HS, you have to adjust your scheme to the players the community sends to your school. The varsity coach wants to run a 3-4 defense and a spread offense. Unfortunately...he doesnt have the talent for it. His talent is best suited for a 4-3 and pro-style offense. My son for example would be a very good 4-3 DE and pro-style TE. Instead, he has to try to learn to be a 5-tech DE and an H-back. A waste of talent.

This year, he has been a little more hybrid about it. Our QB has a scholarship to UTEP and is big and slow, so the spread doesnt work very well for him and changes were needed. The NT he used in the 3-4 left last year to go to SE Okla. St and he's adjusted for that.

At the end of the day...it's the coach. It's sad that his ego gets involved and the school does nothing about it, but it is what it is I suppose. Bad part is...I have 13 year old twins in 7th grade that are already starting at the DE spots and 2 OL spots on the 8th grade team. So, I'm going to have to deal with this moron for 4 additional years after my oldest graduates.

Andrew Luck please. Andrew Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Andrew Luck please. Andrew Luck.
    You want the Luck, dont you? You really want me to do it, huh?
    Its Fri, so i'll give it a rest.

Smile

Before everyone screams for Luck, see what he does this year at Stanford. If he has a mediocre season, the Luck Sweepstakes will be no more.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived BirdieB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BirdieB View Post
    Before everyone screams for Luck, see what he does this year at Stanford. If he has a mediocre season, the Luck Sweepstakes will be no more.
    It wont matter if Luck has a mediocre year and Barkley and Jones have record breaking seasons. People have hitched themselves to the Luck wagon (based mostly on what they've read and heard) and they are convinced he is the second coming of Elway.

NOTHING will change peoples minds

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

No, numbnuts. No matter how Luck "does" he will be taken #1, and CoachChaz knows this.

Remember Jake Locker??

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

You guys and your absolutes
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Andrew Luck is not the next John Elway! He is the first Andrew Luck!

Adopted Bronco:

The thing I think is funny is that most of the same people that bash the Tebowmaniacs for their love of TT...are the same ones lubing their mouths for Andrew Luck.

24. The Following 12 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information