Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Hi Broncos- Tim Tebow's High School Coach here:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Boys, prepare yourselves for the rise of the PAC 12

Fear the Fork, bitches!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    The arrogance of SEC fans is taught to you at a very young age. Though I've been a fan of the PAC 10 for a very long time as well.......I miss the afternoons with Keith Jackson calling the games.
    Someone needs to beat them if you ever want them to shut up...

What is it like 5 in a row now?

It is annoying, but they are right..It is without a doubt the best conference, not even close.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218:1363014
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    It wont matter if Luck has a mediocre year and Barkley and Jones have record breaking seasons. People have hitched themselves to the Luck wagon (based mostly on what they've read and heard) and they are convinced he is the second coming of Elway.

NOTHING will change peoples minds
    There was a washington QB that did the same thing and then fell down from overall #1.....
    I disagree. Locker never had Luck's hype

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by slim:1362988
    I would rather we take a DT. Any worthy of a top 5 pick?
    Try another position

6. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Try another position
    OL?

We need to build the trenches, I don't care what position.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    OL?

We need to build the trenches, I don't care what position.
    Too bad we cant get #1 pick....pass on luck and get Jones at position 8 and get like 15 other picks also.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

The biggest issue my son's coach has is he thinks he's a college/NFL coach. At those levels, you can draft/recruit the players that fit your scheme. In HS, you have to adjust your scheme to the players the community sends to your school. The varsity coach wants to run a 3-4 defense and a spread offense. Unfortunately...he doesnt have the talent for it. His talent is best suited for a 4-3 and pro-style offense. My son for example would be a very good 4-3 DE and pro-style TE. Instead, he has to try to learn to be a 5-tech DE and an H-back. A waste of talent.

This year, he has been a little more hybrid about it. Our QB has a scholarship to UTEP and is big and slow, so the spread doesnt work very well for him and changes were needed. The NT he used in the 3-4 left last year to go to SE Okla. St and he's adjusted for that.

At the end of the day...it's the coach. It's sad that his ego gets involved and the school does nothing about it, but it is what it is I suppose. Bad part is...I have 13 year old twins in 7th grade that are already starting at the DE spots and 2 OL spots on the 8th grade team. So, I'm going to have to deal with this moron for 4 additional years after my oldest graduates.
    Punch him Chaz. It'll make you feel better and you'll probably get cheered by the rest of the parents.

10. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by I Eat Staples View Post
    I still don't think Tebow will succeed in the NFL but I really enjoyed that post. Thanks for the contribution, and Tebow is an athletic beast no doubt.
    This.

I appreciate the story and have a great respect for Tim Tebow as an athlete and as a person, but I honestly don't see a QB in him. He's a freak of nature and has some serious retard strength, but his collegiate career doesn't translate well to an NFL QB. Can he win games as a QB in the NFL? Sure. But he HAS to be able to adapt his style like Mike Vick has. I don't care about his throwing motion, but I do care about him not being able to read defenses, go through his check downs, and him not being able to get rid of the ball quickly. If his release is ******ed up and he can learn to do the three things I listed that he is not good at, fine by me. I think Tebow can be a winner with the right personnel around him, but the team has to be built around HIM and his style of play. Right now, Denver has a team built for no one.

12. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    This.

I appreciate the story and have a great respect for Tim Tebow as an athlete and as a person, but I honestly don't see a QB in him. He's a freak of nature and has some serious retard strength, but his collegiate career doesn't translate well to an NFL QB. Can he win games as a QB in the NFL? Sure. But he HAS to be able to adapt his style like Mike Vick has. I don't care about his throwing motion, but I do care about him not being able to read defenses, go through his check downs, and him not being able to get rid of the ball quickly. If his release is ******ed up and he can learn to do the three things I listed that he is not good at, fine by me. I think Tebow can be a winner with the right personnel around him, but the team has to be built around HIM and his style of play. Right now, Denver has a team built for no one.
    But read defenses improves with experience.

14. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    But read defenses improves with experience.
    Yes it does. I don't disagree with that at all. However, he needs to see the field to be able to gain experience. I give Kyle Orton 3-4 more games and 2-3 more losses in those 3-4 games before Coach Fox pulls the trigger on a QB change. However, I feel like Brady Quinn gives us the best chance to win right now.

16. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Yes it does. I don't disagree with that at all. However, he needs to see the field to be able to gain experience. I give Kyle Orton 3-4 more games and 2-3 more losses in those 3-4 games before Coach Fox pulls the trigger on a QB change. However, I feel like Brady Quinn gives us the best chance to win right now.
    After watching Quinn in preseason game 4. I have my doubts about him being the solid backup. 7.3 QB rating.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    After watching Quinn in preseason game 4. I have my doubts about him being the solid backup. 7.3 QB rating.
    What about watching Quinn in games 1-3? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. As far as being a quarterback goes, Quinn, sadly, is the best we've got.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Yea, i know SR is more open minded about this but im going to piggy back what Phi said a bit. In Vick's first legitimate starts here were his numbers.

4/12 32 1 TD
    11/29 214 1 TD, 2 Ints
    12/30 176 0 TD, 1 Int

His passing wasnt that great. This of course coming in his first season where he started 3 games but played in 8 as he came in later in 5 games for Chandler at the time. I know what SR is saying in regards to Orton staying in for now but it really is important for Tebow to see the field for a few games before making the judgement he cant QB.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

What about watching Quinn in games 1-3? He looked pretty damn good if you ask me. As far as being a quarterback goes, Quinn, sadly, is the best we've got.
    Well if the first game is any indication we really need to consider running more zone to hide our massive deficiencies on the O line. If not there's not a qb on this roster who will look outstanding behind that sieve on the interior.

22. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

SR

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Yea, i know SR is more open minded about this but im going to piggy back what Phi said a bit. In Vick's first legitimate starts here were his numbers.

4/12 32 1 TD
    11/29 214 1 TD, 2 Ints
    12/30 176 0 TD, 1 Int

His passing wasnt that great. This of course coming in his first season where he started 3 games but played in 8 as he came in later in 5 games for Chandler at the time. I know what SR is saying in regards to Orton staying in for now but it really is important for Tebow to see the field for a few games before making the judgement he cant QB.
    My opinion on Tebow is really scrambled because I like him and want to see him succeed but his in-*******-sane fans make me throw up in my mouth. I hate the controversy having him on our team has created. At the same time, even if Tebow isn't a great QB or whatever, I'd rather lose with him and have it be exciting than have what we saw Monday night with Orton. I've said that repeatedly in one variation or another a few times on this message board and I still think that way, but at some point or another I'm gonna go effing postal on this whole Tebow shit show.

24. The Following 4 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information