Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pat Bowlen....What Happened??

Default Pat Bowlen....What Happened??

So where or when do we start the discussion of Bowlen's responsibility! Does Bowlen get a free pass! After all it was Bowlen who hired Josh McD...you know the 32 year old Prima Donna not ready to be a HC in the NFL to replace a HC who won you two Super Bowls!

Its was Bowlen who sat on his hands for almost 2 weeks as the McD--Cutler trade fiasco came to a bitter end with demands for trade. Face it, Bowlen committed a cardinal sin for NFL owners and that is you NEVER trade/allow your Franchise QB to leave town.

Simple put, Bowlen is a piss poor leader! Had Bowlen had the balls, he would have first called McD into his office and said "What the F*ck is going on here?" I hired you as HC...but I did not give you the power to shop my franchise QB around the NFL for a possible TRADE. I want you to call a face-to-face meeting with Cutler and tell him he will not be traded. You call me once that's done. I will personally go over to Cutler's house and tell him as the owner of the Denver Broncos....you are my franchise QB for the next 12-15 years and trading you is un-fathomable!!! Now, thats leadership and thats how you prevent yourself from having 3 QB's on your roster of the likes of Orton, Quinn, and Tebow!!!

When you have a hands off owner such as Bowlen call crucial shots on the decision to fire a Super winning coach-3 years too early and you sit idly by and allow your Franchise QB to leave town, and as an owner you hire 32 year old not ready for prime time HC; its the perfect recipe for turning your once winning & proud franchise into the possible door matt of the NFL.

Right now the state of the Denver Broncos franchise is all Bowlen's FAULT.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Npba900 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Um, okay.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Pat Bowlen is not Jerry Jones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Added appropriate tag.

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'll give this the Orton excuse treatment

Does Bowlen play Defense?

Did Bowlen drop the ball?

Did Bowlen throw an INT right before half setting Oak up for a FG?

He's injured, his wallet was flatened.

He's the best owner we have.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Did Pat set the wheels in motion on where this franchise currently finds itself in with firing of Shanny, the hiring of McD, and trading Cutler........I say yes he did!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I'll give this the Orton excuse treatment

Does Bowlen play Defense?

Did Bowlen drop the ball?

Did Bowlen throw an INT right before half setting Oak up for a FG?

He's injured, his wallet was flatened.

He's the best owner we have.
    usually if a billion dollar company sinks they way we have in only two years its the ceo who gets the blame. it starts up top and bowlen is every bit responsible for this mess.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived cardoso For This Post:

Everything that made me love Denver's fans and keeping us from Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, Oakland have all been thrown out the window for the last two years. I can honestly say there are about 5 level headed beings on this forum the rest act more immature than Kindergarteners. Remember this is a game. Our football team has been bad recently but our fanbase has turned into a joke.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Montana Battlin Bear For This Post:

Pat Bowlen didn't hire McDaniels Joe Ellis did. Just sayin....

16. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Montana Battlin Bear View Post
    Everything that made me love Denver's fans and keeping us from Detroit, Kansas City, Cleveland, Oakland have all been thrown out the window for the last two years. I can honestly say there are about 5 level headed beings on this forum the rest act more immature than Kindergarteners. Remember this is a game. Our football team has been bad recently but our fanbase has turned into a joke.
    So apparently this is only a good fan base if the Broncos are winning. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    So what exactly does Bowlen do.....just blindly write checks?

That is 100% inaccurate. I believe I have pointed this out before, so either you are intentionally stating something that isn't true, or you have missed it the myriad of times it's been corrected and reported on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Actually that's a falsehood, Joe Ellis was the driving force behind the hire...but Bowlen met McDaniels and really liked him as well...so Bowlen holds some blame.

I understand that fans are loyal to Bowlen, but to say he is not responsible for some of this mess is completely idiotic. As for me, I respect the man, but I also realize that he is not the most football savvy of the owners in the league, so he tries to be more hands off then some prefer, that in itself places some blame on his shoulders, Bowlen exceeds at the business side of things involved, the same as Ellis and possibly as some suspect Xanders.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Actually that's a falsehood, Joe Ellis was the driving force behind the hire...but Bowlen met McDaniels and really liked him as well...so Bowlen holds some blame.

I understand that fans are loyal to Bowlen, but to say he is not responsible for some of this mess is completely idiotic. As for me, I respect the man, but I also realize that he is not the most football savvy of the owners in the league, so he tries to be more hands off then some prefer, that in itself places some blame on his shoulders, Bowlen exceeds at the business side of things involved, the same as Ellis and possibly as some suspect Xanders.
    It's been well reported that Bowlen fell in love with McDaniels after their interview outside of Boston (I believe is where it was), and basically thought he had the next young, Mike Shanahan.

He sent Ellis out for a second interview to wrap up loose ends, discuss the details that needed to be discussed and close the deal.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    That is 100% inaccurate. I believe I have pointed this out before, so either you are intentionally stating something that isn't true, or you have missed it the myriad of times it's been corrected and reported on.
    It is 100% accurate despite your protest, TNED. Bowlen was in the first interview with McDaniels. He liked what he saw enough to not need more.

The second interview was left to Ellis. Ellis offered the position and thus made did the HIRING (knowing Bowlen was on board of course).

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information