Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17

Thread: A Modern Day Cinderella Story: starring Tebow and Elway

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Somewhere Steve Scarnecchia is getting very excited
    I love this video:

Then I remember that was our team and it makes me sad.

2. The Following User High Fived muse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He can barely run the right play, let alone have three to five others in his head ready to whip out there, after he reads the defense, which he is't really showing he can do, either.

Tebow doesn't have the luxury of hitting the X button and scrolling through five play diagrams.
    He has no problem running the play thats called, he has a problem running for his life cuz its a jailbreak every snap.

At UF he called every play. He analyzed the look he got from the D and called the appropriate play. dont give me no bullshit that calling plays in college are somehow different lol. you guys are just making shit up now.

just put him in the gun and let him go! aaatttiiicaaaa!

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

5. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by Bullgator View Post
    He has no problem running the play thats called, he has a problem running for his life cuz its a jailbreak every snap.

At UF he called every play. He analyzed the look he got from the D and called the appropriate play. dont give me no bullshit that calling plays in college are somehow different lol. you guys are just making shit up now.

just put him in the gun and let him go! aaatttiiicaaaa!
    To the best of knowledge - there is only ONE QB playing today who calls his own plays - that is Peyton Manning. And I would not imagine he has done that since day one.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

7. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    To the best of knowledge - there is only ONE QB playing today who calls his own plays - that is Peyton Manning. And I would not imagine he has done that since day one.
    Tebow didn't call his own plays at Florida...not even sure where that's coming from. At the college level, and especially in Urban Meyer's offense, options are built in to each play (that's why they call it a Spread Option offense). Maybe he means the zone read stuff, I don't know. I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Tebow didn't call his own plays at Florida...not even sure where that's coming from. At the college level, and especially in Urban Meyer's offense, options are built in to each play (that's why they call it a Spread Option offense). Maybe he means the zone read stuff, I don't know. I don't think he has a clue what he's talking about.
    Probably meant audible plays!
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Probably meant audible plays!
    He didn't call those either. In Meyer's offense, the offensive coordinator calls in the audibles from the booth, and the quarterback/running back/ wide receivers check with the sideline for adjustments.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

He didn't call those either. In Meyer's offense, the offensive coordinator calls in the audibles from the booth, and the quarterback/running back/ wide receivers check with the sideline for adjustments.
    Huh...didn't know that, it's pretty sorry if you can't even trust your quarterback with basic audible plays though. Not surprised, I know Coach Saban was the same with the offense at Michigan State, but it was different for the defense.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Huh...didn't know that, it's pretty sorry if you can't even trust your quarterback with basic audible plays though. Not surprised, I know Coach Saban was the same with the offense at Michigan State, but it was different for the defense.
    I'm sure by his senior season he was making a few calls, but that's a staple of the spread offense in college. They call two plays in the first huddle of the drive, run the first, hurry to the line and then the quarterback, wide receivers and running backs check with the sideline for adjustments. Those adjustments come from the offensive coordinator in the booth, based on the alignment and personnel of the defense. Now, Florida did less of it in his last two years than, say, Auburn, Oregon and Missouri, but that's how the offense operates. It's another reason why NFL coaches stray away from Spread quarterbacks.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ricky Nattiel

I'm sure by his senior season he was making a few calls, but that's a staple of the spread offense in college. They call two plays in the first huddle of the drive, run the first, hurry to the line and then the quarterback, wide receivers and running backs check with the sideline for adjustments. Those adjustments come from the offensive coordinator in the booth, based on the alignment and personnel of the defense. Now, Florida did less of it in his last two years than, say, Auburn, Oregon and Missouri, but that's how the offense operates. It's another reason why NFL coaches stray away from Spread quarterbacks.
    less? None is more like it.. the spread is the spread... the calls either come from the sideline or the QB in UFs case it was the QB. Im going to find a clip of TT talking about it.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information