Poll: Which QB do we start?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: So who should the Broncos start at QB for game 2?

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Part of the reason we can't run the ball is because teams put eight in the box constantly and blitz the shit out of us because there is not a single DC in the league who is afraid of Kyle Orton. Cover Brandon Lloyd, stack the box, and blitz Orton and it's a guaranteed win against thw Broncos and will be until we get a competent OL and QB.
    This is exactly what they are going to do to Tebow. Except he is going to throw pick 6's, and fumble/get hurt.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think Tebow should play the year but i wouldnt be opposed to Quinn getting a shot either. But if we need a new QB we need to know what we have in those guys. Orton is just Orton and he's not a gamer. Someone be sure to tell Fox that since he WANTS a gamer on gameday.

3. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoStud View Post
    Man, having Plummer right now would be like heaven compared to watching Orton lose games.
    As i sit here crying from both laughter and cringing because of how average Jake was i would have to agree with you.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    yeah, I mean the cool thing about Tebow is not only will he revolutionize the position but he'll also be able to run block, pass block, and defend the run when he's in there. He's like an 8 tool player.

13 rushes for 38 yards guys....that's the problem

So is 24/46 passing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

We heard this nonsense last year. Orton doesn't FUMBLE then Denver has a MUCH better shot at winning this game.

Most telling to me is the fact that we were down 10 and it was obvious how few of us had faith Orton could lead a comeback.

Keep excusing the QB play by deflecting to other areas but the blatant and obvious weakness we have under center speaks for itself.

Chad Henne looked a LOT better than Orton today, the Dolphins made the right choice.

Great post. Even though i knew at times that Cutler could throw a bad Int at any given moment i still had far more confidence and excitement watching Jay than i ever will with Kyle. I knew once we got down we were screwed. Take away Decker's return and this game isnt even THAT close.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Quinn Meinerz

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Realistically, what record do the Broncos have to have to really consider going with Tebow?
    We don't know. Nobody knows. What we do know is that Tim Tebow will fight for four quarters and if we aren't doing well, he'll lay his body on the line to keep us in the ball game if he has to. And if we lose, we know he'll take responsibility for it. If he throws an interception or fumbles the football, we'll see him at the press conference the next day and we'll know that he is the person in the world who feels the worst about his miscue. Orton just isn't that and he doesn't have the talent to put the entire weight of the team and the city on his shoulders. Tebow does. He's a competitor and a leader who is capable of putting the game on his shoulders and winning any game. And really, I don't care about the season or records and neither should the players. The only opponent that should matter is the next one. I legitimately believe that Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win against whoever we play next regardless of what week in the season it is.

And if Tebow falls short, everyone will know that he did everything in his power to win the game. That's why Tebow should be the starter.

10. The Following User High Fived UnderArmour For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by UnderArmour View Post
    We don't know. Nobody knows. What we do know is that Tim Tebow will fight for four quarters and if we aren't doing well, he'll lay his body on the line to keep us in the ball game if he has to. And if we lose, we know he'll take responsibility for it. If he throws an interception or fumbles the football, we'll see him at the press conference the next day and we'll know that he is the person in the world who feels the worst about his miscue. Orton just isn't that and he doesn't have the talent to put the entire weight of the team and the city on his shoulders. Tebow does. He's a competitor and a leader who is capable of putting the game on his shoulders and winning any game. And really, I don't care about the season or records and neither should the players. The only opponent that should matter is the next one. I legitimately believe that Tim Tebow gives us the best chance to win against whoever we play next regardless of what week in the season it is.

And if Tebow falls short, everyone will know that he did everything in his power to win the game. That's why Tebow should be the starter.
    I want a QB that makes me feel good about winning. Not a QB that makes me feel good about losing.

I damn sure dont want a QB putting his body on the line unless its a play off game.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

12. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I want a QB that makes me feel good about winning. Not a QB that makes me feel good about losing.

I damn sure dont want a QB putting his body on the line unless its a play off game.
    I want a QB who doesn't force his OWN fumble on the most crucial drive of the game... I want a QB who doesn't get comically sacked by an arm swat from a DT. I want a QB who I have at least SOME faith in can bring the Broncos back from a deficit.

Orton sucks, it's time to move on. Starting him does this team NO GOOD. If Tebow is THAT bad then he will prove it on the field and Denver will have a shot at Luck. If Tebow ends up turing the corner and looking pretty good, Denver still has a shot at Luck and Tebow has built up trade value.

14. The Following 5 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

That's pretty much where I'm at. If we're going to suck this year, we might as well suck seeing if Tebow can develop.

Getting the team on track is more important that winning this year. Losing with Orton is not getting this team on track for future success.

16. The Following 6 Users High Fived BigSarge87 For This Post:

Tebow's not ready to start. start getting him some playing time, but he's not ready to start game 2

18. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

At least let Tebow play in the redzone.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigSarge87 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

We heard this nonsense last year. Orton doesn't FUMBLE then Denver has a MUCH better shot at winning this game.

Most telling to me is the fact that we were down 10 and it was obvious how few of us had faith Orton could lead a comeback.

Keep excusing the QB play by deflecting to other areas but the blatant and obvious weakness we have under center speaks for itself.

Chad Henne looked a LOT better than Orton today, the Dolphins made the right choice.
    Firstly you can quit being a *****. Secondly Im not trying to say Orton's a franchise qb but what I am trying to say is that Tim Tebow aint fixing the big problems on this team, which are the gaping holes on the interior of the offensive and defensive lines. Sure the Raiders were effective with the blitz but much of what happened was due to our O line getting completely manhandled against a 4 man rush.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    This is exactly what they are going to do to Tebow. Except he is going to throw pick 6's, and fumble/get hurt.
    That doesn't sound much different from what Orton does...

Might as well start the young guy to get him experience.

23. The Following 3 Users High Fived vandammage13 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Firstly you can quit being a *****. Secondly Im not trying to say Orton's a franchise qb but what I am trying to say is that Tim Tebow aint fixing the big problems on this team, which are the gaping holes on the interior of the offensive and defensive lines. Sure the Raiders were effective with the blitz but much of what happened was due to our O line getting completely manhandled against a 4 man rush.
    Unfortuantely Jsteve you are overexaggerating the poor Oline play. While they struggled there were plenty of times when Orton had all day to throw and he still shit himself. Orton played like a rookie QB instead of a veteran even when he had a pocket.

25. The Following 4 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Get mad Steve, get real mad...

Can't help it I'm usually right. 2 of those "Sacks" were a result of Kyle's feeble inability to move his feet. I've found that when you continually have to make excuses you're usually on the wrong side of the argument.

27. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoStud For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information