Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The real Orton is on full display.

Adopted Bronco:
    Tebow/Miller/Decker/McGee

Orton has the Broncos in shackles for not taking the Miami deal. When the locker room gets tired of loosing they will turn on him.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived JaxBroncoGirl For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by JaxBroncoGirl View Post
    Orton has the Broncos in shackles for not taking the Miami deal. When the locker room gets tired of loosing they will turn on him.
    Miami did themselves a favor by not trading for Orton.

Tebow isnt exactly loved in the locker room either though.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

par for the course? more like a quadruple bogey on the 18th.

5. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    par for the course? more like a quadruple bogey on the 18th.
    I never had high hopes for Orton, so Im not shocked, or disapointed. This is where I thought we would be.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    I never had high hopes for Orton, so Im not shocked, or disapointed. This is where I thought we would be.
    True, however we had a glimmer of hope until that play. That was devastating. Estela decided to watch with me last night. She asked me like 4 times, don't you guys have a better mariscal de campo....quarterback.

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    True, however we had a glimmer of hope until that play. That was devastating. Estela decided to watch with me last night. She asked me like 4 times, don't you guys have a better mariscal de campo....quarterback.

We have a "marsupial del crappo"

A kangaroo who shits in his own pouch at the first sign of trouble hoping the smell will drive the big meanies away.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following 11 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Orton sucks, I cant defend him. We both expected this when Cutler was traded by Mcdaniels.

On the other hand, I dont think Tebow knows what the hell he is doing. I dont think they can put a real game plan together because they cant use the whole playbook with Tebow.

I think Tebow will look great on his first game, not so good on his 2nd game, bad on his 3rd game, terrible on his 4th, 5th and 6th game, and eventually replaced by Quin or Tebow again.

The answer to our woes at the QB position is not on our roster.
    Are we using the whole playbook now? I mean, we have other runs and stuff in that thing, right? Or maybe the playbook really is 528 ways to say, "everybody run around out there somewhere while I throw the ball to Lloyd."

I don't think Orton is the worst QB ever...but he's NOT the future of the Broncos. Is Tebow? I would sure like to get in double-digits worth of games to at least find out. If he's terrible by game 5 then at least you know something.

Right now we just have guesses. You guess he can't perform in a live game against pro defenses, and I guess that since none of our guys really can stay on-script in those situations that Tebow is our best chance at going off-script successfully.

We need to see Tebow this year. If he's a clown, then he's a clown. I have the sneaking suspicion that it would go a lot like a saner Vince Young: he just wins.

But I want him fitted for clown shoes or a starting job by the end of this year. No messing around.

Last night? Messing around. Rolling in the mud like hogs on parade. Ugly.

If we're gonna put together a season like that, then Tebow can get muddy and we can learn something.

We already know how Orton looks, and we're not taking him to the dance next year. Stop wasting our time mouthing off about competing to win. If we start off 1-4 or 0-5 then I hope Tebow takes snaps with the 1s for the bye week so he can get started on his 10-game tryout in Miami.

And sadly, that could legitimately happen. Bring on the Bengals - I wanna see if these Broncos are made of any sterner stuff than last year's.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

13. The Following 10 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Darrent Williams

Orton sucks, I cant defend him. We both expected this when Cutler was traded by Mcdaniels.

On the other hand, I dont think Tebow knows what the hell he is doing. I dont think they can put a real game plan together because they cant use the whole playbook with Tebow.

I think Tebow will look great on his first game, not so good on his 2nd game, bad on his 3rd game, terrible on his 4th, 5th and 6th game, and eventually replaced by Quin or Tebow again.

The answer to our woes at the QB position is not on our roster.
    That is what we are told... over and over.

The FACT is... we don't KNOW yet.

Tebow would not be the guy who would lead us to the playoffs in his sophmore year..
    but he COULD be the guy who got in there..
    got some experience..
    and showed that he CAN improve and MIGHT be a good QB.

Everyone saying as a certainty that he CAN NOT...

well.. repsectfully NO ONE KNOWS THAT RIGHT NOW.

Using this rebuild year to find out makes sense.

IF Tebow could grow and have success..
    then we would KNOW and could draft a big D-lineman with the first pick.

Otherwise.... they will just throw away
    ANOTHER first round pick on some other rookie QB..
    and we REALLY ARE the Lions.
    Last edited by PAINTERDAVE; 09-13-2011 at 10:40 AM.
    AFC WEST Champions
    Steelers HATE US.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived PAINTERDAVE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    Orton is just barely worse than this thread.
    Pearl harbor sucks just a little bit less than Orton at QB.
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

17. The Following 5 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    Are we using the whole playbook now? I mean, we have other runs and stuff in that thing, right? Or maybe the playbook really is 528 ways to say, "everybody run around out there somewhere while I throw the ball to Lloyd."

I don't think Orton is the worst QB ever...but he's NOT the future of the Broncos. Is Tebow? I would sure like to get in double-digits worth of games to at least find out. If he's terrible by game 5 then at least you know something.

Right now we just have guesses. You guess he can't perform in a live game against pro defenses, and I guess that since none of our guys really can stay on-script in those situations that Tebow is our best chance at going off-script successfully.

We need to see Tebow this year. If he's a clown, then he's a clown. I have the sneaking suspicion that it would go a lot like a saner Vince Young: he just wins.

But I want him fitted for clown shoes or a starting job by the end of this year. No messing around.

Last night? Messing around. Rolling in the mud like hogs on parade. Ugly.

If we're gonna put together a season like that, then Tebow can get muddy and we can learn something.

We already know how Orton looks, and we're not taking him to the dance next year. Stop wasting our time mouthing off about competing to win. If we start off 1-4 or 0-5 then I hope Tebow takes snaps with the 1s for the bye week so he can get started on his 10-game tryout in Miami.

And sadly, that could legitimately happen. Bring on the Bengals - I wanna see if these Broncos are made of any sterner stuff than last year's.

~G
    Other than Orton and Quin sucking (fact) and not being the future of the franchise all we have are opionions.

I think that Fox and company wants to win. I have a hard time believing that they would not let Tebow start if he was anywhere close to being as good as Orton :harf:.

I think their opinion of Tebow is so low, that him as the future isnt even a real possibility. And if he does mildly well, it will only become a distraction when we DO draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

All he has to do is perform mildly better than Orton, hell he can do a little worse and people will be ok with that. That will cause huge PR issues come April 28th or whenever Draft day is.

IMO Tebow is as much as part of this franchises future as Orton, and Quin. I think his ceiling is just as high, maybe a little lower, but he is young and shiny to the fans. He must be dumber than a box of rocks, because this organization has zero faith in the dude. He has all the athletic ability.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Miami did themselves a favor by not trading for Orton.

Tebow isnt exactly loved in the locker room either though.
    How do you know that? Been in the locker room much?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Other than Orton and Quin sucking (fact) and not being the future of the franchise all we have are opionions.

I think that Fox and company wants to win. I have a hard time believing that they would not let Tebow start if he was anywhere close to being as good as Orton :harf:.

I think their opinion of Tebow is so low, that him as the future isnt even a real possibility. And if he does mildly well, it will only become a distraction when we DO draft a QB in the upcoming draft.

All he has to do is perform mildly better than Orton, hell he can do a little worse and people will be ok with that. That will cause huge PR issues come April 28th or whenever Draft day is.

IMO Tebow is as much as part of this franchises future as Orton, and Quin. I think his ceiling is just as high, maybe a little lower, but he is young and shiny to the fans. He must be dumber than a box of rocks, because this organization has zero faith in the dude. He has all the athletic ability.

Then why is Tebow not traded away then? I would think several teams would trade a 3rd for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by PAINTERDAVE View Post
    That is what we are told... over and over.

The FACT is... we don't KNOW yet.

Tebow would not be the guy who would lead us to the playoffs in his sophmore year..
    but he COULD be the guy who got in there..
    got some experience..
    and showed that he CAN improve and MIGHT be a good QB.

Everyone saying as a certainty that he CAN NOT...

well.. repsectfully NO ONE KNOWS THAT RIGHT NOW.

Using this rebuild year to find out makes sense.

IF Tebow could grow and have success..
    then we would KNOW and could draft a big D-lineman with the first pick.

Otherwise.... they will just throw away
    ANOTHER first round pick on some other rookie QB..
    and we REALLY ARE the Lions.
    The day McD traded Cutler we began this journey. The organization that wirtes the checks doesnt like Tebow as a starting QB. I feel the same way.

He isnt the future unless a miracle happens. I would be so happy to be wrong, but we are drafting a QB with our first pick next year.

The day McD traded Cutler we began this journey. The organization that wirtes the checks doesnt like Tebow as a starting QB. I feel the same way.

He isnt the future unless a miracle happens. I would be so happy to be wrong, but we are drafting a QB with our first pick next year.
    Well then we had better lose as much as possible because there is a BIG drop in talent between Luck and Barkley.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Phidelt218 View Post
    Then why is Tebow not traded away then? I would think several teams would trade a 3rd for him.
    Because it would cause a huge fan fall out. He wont be traded until we have his replacement earmarked.

24. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information