Results 1,306 to 1,319 of 1319

Thread: Broncos Game Day Thread: Raiders vs. Broncos 9/12/11

Quote Originally Posted by The.Mile.High.Raider View Post
    I sat in section 130 and it looked like this:

Where were you sitting?
    "The Old South Stands"?
    I don't know how you came to that conclusion but,
    I strongly disagree.
    I was to the west and up a level. Our section was freaking rocking. I think our section sat a total of 10 min the entire game. The rest of the time was spent on our feet, stomping the ground and screaming til our throats hurt. I have no voice this morning. Our section felt like the old south stands. I've sat in the old south stands before, my dad who went with me, sat in the south stands for the last 20 years of Mile High's existence and he said the same, it just felt like the old place. There wasn't the cheese and whine, please sit down crowd.

That picture also looks like it was taken in the 4th quarter. Yea, by then, with the performance of the Broncos people had worn down a bit, some of those people look like they've had 10 $6 beers.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by zbeg View Post
    No, but people are putting the majority of the blame on Orton - and even worse, calling for the guy who had to fight to not be the third string quarterback, as if that's going to make a difference.
    Multiple trips to the RZ and we saw, what I said we would see, Orton playing it too safe to protect his contract next year. He wasn't playing to win. He was playing not to lose...money.

And how do you have rhythm or timing with your receivers? You get time in the pocket.
    There were plenty of deep throws where Orton couldn't hit the side of the barn. He had time on those throws. He was the Orton we have always seen.

but they're still a crappy offensive line.
    It's hard to discern precisely how bad they are because Orton under C only makes matters worse. Teams load up and blitz non stop I saw 9 in the box again last night. ANY O line will struggle with that. SD's struggled. Jets struggled. ATL struggled. Pitt.

Like I said last night, gone are the days of nicely formed pockets and clean QB's on a consistent basis.

That's exactly the kind of stuff I'm talking about. The offensive line is getting mauled by the Raiders' front four and people are blaming the quarterback for not having his timing down.
    Well it wasn't a valid excuse for Quinn and TT in the preseason, so why should it be for Orton now? Orton had easy street in the PS and we tried pointing that out. We tried to tell people that Quinn and TT earned playing time with the #1's for their performances. It would have been good to see Orton in a similar situation in the PS.

Tebow would have used his force field to keep the Raiders front four from dominating the offensive line all game.

Tebow would have blocked that field goal.

Tebow would have given Moreno the strength and the courage to not fumble the ball.

Tebow would have gone in on defense and kept the Raiders from averaging 4.9 ypc.

Tebow would have broken McFadden's nose, limbs, and spirit.

Tebow would have stopped the rain. And he would have blessed every football so that it wouldn't be dropped.

Tebow would use his healing powers to heal Dumervil, Bailey, and Lloyd - all missing time in the fourth quarter when they were needed the most.

Yup, when I look at this game, I see nothing but the quarterback at fault here. The rest of the team played well in every aspect. Flawless, really.

And I absolutely love the idea of putting in a raw quarterback who can't read defenses - especially with a rookie protecting his blind side and an offensive line that will give him no time whatsoever in the pocket. That's not a recipe for disaster at all.
    Tebow wouldn't wilt like a delicate flower in the RZ

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    So, $9 million well spent?
    If I were Elway I would be making two calls today. They would go something like this:

Elway: Hello, Mr. Polian/Irsay. How are you? Great! I'm fine. I understand you guys might be looking at a QB. No, I am not calling about Quinn. Would you like Orton? Send a bag of skittles, pay for his plane ticket, throw in a pick and he is yours.

Call #2

Elway: Hello Andre Gurode. How would you like to come home and play for the Broncos. What's it gonna take?

7. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    If I were Elway I would be making two calls today. They would go something like this:

Elway: Hello, Mr. Polian/Irsay. How are you? Great! I'm fine. I understand you guys might be looking at a QB. No, I am not calling about Quinn. Would you like Orton? Send a bag of skittles, pay for his plane ticket, throw in a pick and he is yours.

Call #2

Elway: Hello Andre Gurode. How would you like to come home and play for the Broncos. What's it gonna take?
    Gurode got signed by the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    Gurode got signed by the Ravens.
    I missed that

He was worth the money!

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I was to the west and up a level. Our section was freaking rocking. I think our section sat a total of 10 min the entire game. The rest of the time was spent on our feet, stomping the ground and screaming til our throats hurt. I have no voice this morning. Our section felt like the old south stands. I've sat in the old south stands before, my dad who went with me, sat in the south stands for the last 20 years of Mile High's existence and he said the same, it just felt like the old place. There wasn't the cheese and whine, please sit down crowd.

That picture also looks like it was taken in the 4th quarter. Yea, by then, with the performance of the Broncos people had worn down a bit, some of those people look like they've had 10 $6 beers.
    Beer is only $6 at Mile High? Last time I went to a ball game in Busch Stadium, beer was closer to $8 a pop. That was over two years ago, as I've missed the Mets playing up there the last two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Beer is only $6 at Mile High? Last time I went to a ball game in Busch Stadium, beer was closer to $8 a pop. That was over two years ago, as I've missed the Mets playing up there the last two years.
    The 4 guys in front of us got 4 bottles of Bud Light for $24. It was harder trying to find a soda vendor than a beer guy. I almost went with a Jim Beam lemonade just because it was everywhere, but really wasn't up for drinking last night.

The 4 guys in front of us got 4 bottles of Bud Light for $24. It was harder trying to find a soda vendor than a beer guy. I almost went with a Jim Beam lemonade just because it was everywhere, but really wasn't up for drinking last night.
    They sell Jim Beam lemonade?

It's ridiculous how much they charge for drinks in stadiums. In Busch Stadium, I think Sodas are up in the $5 or $6 range now.

They sell Jim Beam lemonade?

It's ridiculous how much they charge for drinks in stadiums. In Busch Stadium, I think Sodas are up in the $5 or $6 range now.
    $4 bottled soda $5.50 for the fancy collector cup of soda. The Jim Beam Lemonade is like $7. We shared some nachos that were $7.25 and they were the epitome of suck nachos. When I am paying $7.25 for nachos, there should be cheese on every freaking chip!!!

$4 bottled soda $5.50 for the fancy collector cup of soda. The Jim Beam Lemonade is like $7. We shared some nachos that were $7.25 and they were the epitome of suck nachos. When I am paying $7.25 for nachos, there should be cheese on every freaking chip!!!
    I just did a quick google to confirm my memory. At Busch, 16oz beer is $8 or 20oz drafts from some of the stands is $8.75. Like I said, pretty sure soda was in the $6 range. It's insane.

I think I need to sneak a flask in, or fill a water bottle with Vodka or something. lol

I just did a quick google to confirm my memory. At Busch, 16oz beer is $8 or 20oz drafts from some of the stands is $8.75. Like I said, pretty sure soda was in the $6 range. It's insane.

I think I need to sneak a flask in, or fill a water bottle with Vodka or something. lol
    They shook my dad's binoculars to make sure it didn't have any hidden compartments for alcohol.

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

They shook my dad's binoculars to make sure it didn't have any hidden compartments for alcohol.
    They better shake me before I get in, I'll be full of alcohol.

17. The Following 9 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Stokley, Miller, Wolfe

They do check water plastic bottles to make sure they are factory sealed. I think if you take one that you fill up it has to be empty. We always take in our own water because it's just nuts what they charge. Oh, I think you can take in a soda if it's sealed and in a plastic bottle.

It was loud last night, I feel like the fans really did try to do their part. Man we didn't get home till 1:00 and I had left Nebraska yesterday at 7:00 am, what a long, long day and dang rain did not help either......

Gem did you have any fights in your section? We did and the cops had to come over and they took a Raider couple out, the women was the worse of the 2. Then a couple of seats over I could tell this girl had drank tooo much. My husband didn't believe me till she started throwing up, my poor friend that was sitting by her...........ewwwww
    Getting Stoked

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information